collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Dance 'n Prance hair grip that didn't come with a DNP?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: G1 Dance 'n Prance hair grip that didn't come with a DNP?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »
I have the UK boxed Player. I don't have her here to check in London, but I'm 99.9% sure she doesn't. It#s a superbly bad picture and she herself is faded, but I am pretty sure that clip has pink hair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm more and more thinking that the comic is the best bet, if it is a UK thing. If it were an accessory thing with that style of packaging, it would show up across Europe probably too?

Edit: Going through the pictures I have of front covers of comics from my collection, I noticed a lot of the time the gift is specified, but there are a few that just say 'free gift'. So far from around the right time I have noticed 139, 144, 183,  and 191 don't specify what the gift is. If anyone has those comics or the ones around them to hand, maybe they could have a look and see if there are any mentions? I only have pictures of the covers here in London, not the actual comics.

Issue 164 also mentions a 'free hair slide'.

I don't have a complete comic set, so there may be others that I am missing which are candidates.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 01:37:37 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »
Following this thread as Iv got 4 of those hair clips & wondered where they came from myself! :huh:

Babydoll~

Wow, 4! :blink: Do you remember anything about where you got them from? Where they all from the UK?

I know lol yes all UK mixed pony & accessory lots but I have no idea what they came with so I'm no help at all! I'm thinking perhaps a UK comic or maybe the UK boxed Player came with this version!?

Babydoll~

I got Player new and still have all her accessories but then I also have this grip.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 02:19:37 AM »
I found one of these at a UK carboot sale. It came clipped to Cherry Treats and there wasn't a DNP pony in sight, so I'm seconding (thirding? fourthing?) the idea that it was available separately/on a comic.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
It's a possibility it could be a comic gift, however it's not one I have documented. I don't think I have ever owned the clip, and I had the comic up until at least 188 and also the Friends one to around the same time (I'm not sure exactly when I stopped, but I still have my original 188, so can date it at least that far!). Of course, it's not impossible I had it and lost it or something. There are still some things missing (I swear there is another Barbie box in the loft that might have some things in it)

139 had a Best Wishes card, 144 was gift labels, 183 was a pony bride sticker, 191 is a heart bead bracelet and 164's hair slide was a princess comb (incidentally I must have got that, but only ever remember having one princess comb... although now I think about it I was convinced mine was long gone and one magically reappeared). 

176 is a maybe though (we have at least two with tape on the front, but no gift, and no idea what it was, and there's a few after 200 I'm not sure about. Some I'm not sure about with Friends as well though, so there are some possibilities.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 02:10:34 PM »
Thanks for that info :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »
Hrm, interesting. Thanks, LadyG. I figured you'd have the info on those issues, so that rules them out.
I wish I could remember if I had it as a kid or not. :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal