collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz  (Read 7466 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:23 AM »
Interesting :)

1. How long have you been collecting ponies?

As and adult, I started collecting in 2004.

2. How did you start collecting ponies?
My daughter was just half a year old and I was starting to think about the toys I had played with as a little girl. I remembered my ponies and more as a joke I looked at ebay... and saw Lickety Split there 0.0 OMG they still existed!! The next saturday I went to a fleamarket and indeed found some G1!! What a day! Those were the first "new" ponies I bought and it never stopped since that day :P

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?
since 2004 (2006 for the Arena)

4. Who was your first pony?
a Simba fakie mommy and baby set

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)?
my last purchase as a kid was Clover from the 7 Tales. My most recent adult purchase was Italy Moonstone (came to me in a trade!)

6. What is your favorite generation?
G1 all the way!

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection?
1000+

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?
Red Roses <3

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know)
G1 Fizzy :) And from childhood it is G1 Sugar Sweet and G1 Sugar Apple :)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 06:39:05 AM »
1. How long have you been collecting ponies? Since 1999 or 2000ish.  I started collecting 80's toys in 1999.  I started with She-ra, then went to Rainbow Brite and various toy lines. Ponies always felt so overwhelming because there are so many. I only collected few at a time and it is my "mane" focus of collecting now, because I have mostly completed the other toy lines.

2. How did you start collecting ponies? I grew up with G1 and loved them, so I started collecting them when I started collecting 80's toys.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)? Early 2000's maybe 2002.  When I first started collecting toys I felt very alone and even embarrassed. When I discovered that there were many other toy collectors it helped me not to feel so embarrassed about my hobby and I enjoyed talking with others who shared the same interests.

4. Who was your first pony? Blossom

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)? Sand Digger and Hopper!

6. What is your favorite generation? G1. I collected G3 when they first came out, but I realized I didn't feel the same way about them as G1.  I think I was trying to replace my wanting to buy G1 ponies with G3s that were so much more attainable at the time.

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection? I'm not sure. I would guess somewhere over 100 or so.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment? I would love to get Night Light someday!

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know) Starshine- I love rainbows and white ponies. I never had one as a child, but I vividly remember my grandfather getting me a Stashine pinwheel at the beach. I did still have it, but I'm afraid my mom may have thrown it away :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 07:47:49 AM »
Well when I was 8 I started collecting ponies but then I stopped. Then, I decided to start collecting again in November 2006.

My mom bought me a cotton candy pony and it started from there.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?
Well for here it was:  December 09, 2005, 11:00:00 PM However, I wasnt active until the next year. then I didnt know about the mlptp until much later a friend of mine showed me it.

I think it was Cotton Candy.

I think it was Sea star.

6. What is your favorite generation? G1

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection? I think over 1000.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment? My super grail is Rapunzel. My for the moment pony maybe any adult sea pony from the second set.

Baby Surprise. I used to have all her accessories as a kid. I loved playing with her and her mom. I saw her on the Tv series so I guess it was easy for me to get into pony characters.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:50:57 AM by SkyCakes »

NightDriver1988

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 09:06:35 AM »
About six months.

I sorted out my old toys at my parents house and fell in love when I found my old ponies. I was flooded with childhood memories that I didn't even think I'd remember and was surprised to see that I had so many and in such good condition still.

Six months.

Pretty sure it was Vanilla Treat.

Mail order Napper.

G1. I'm not a fan of the other generations.

45-50.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?
Night Light.

Parasol. I never had her myself as a child, but my older cousin had her and I was absolutely in love with her and even got to borrow her with me home at a few occasions. I love everything about her; pose, colours and symbols. For me she is the perfect pony.

Offline Kisscurl

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kisscurlsponies.weebly.com/index.html
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 06:46:19 AM »
1.How long have you been collecting ponies?
Well I had 5 as a child but officially got into it 21 years ago in 1996

I used to go to swap meets and I would look out for a friend I had back then, ponies for her collection as she gave her originals away. Then I got hooked myself

I was part of the original community on the mailing lists, as Taffeta mentioned, I remember her from back then :)

The first pony I bought aside from my child 5 was Kisscurl for 50c (I still have her) and hence that is why I chose her for my persona

I recently bought the G4 rainbow dash that does the flip

I think G1's will always be my favourites but G3 comes in a close second

I've been documenting my ponies and the last count was 1648

I really want Baby Gametime as she is the very last G1 pony I need

I've always loved Magic Hat, there is just something innocent and special about her

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 10:48:26 AM »
I disappeared from here for months so maybe I'll use this as a sort of reintroduction :9

since i was 7, in 2003, so 14 years now!

Saw them at the toy store, fell in love, and then never stopped buying them lol

Since about 2005, probably.

I got several the first time around, but the one who really caught my eye that first tine was g3 Razzaroo.

I think it was g4 Diamond Mint, some time ago. I honestly can't say for sure?

I'm a g3 kid always & forever :9

I haven't  counted properly in a while but I'm somewhere between 300 to 400.

obscure, but I'm totally in love with g1 Napper at the moment.

My g4 Trixie Lulamoon is one of my most prized possessions, but the story about why is likely considered controversial on the Arena so I'll hold off on that. :P

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »
It's so fun reading everyone's responses! Here are my own responses to my own post, lol . . .

Ponies have just about always been part of my life, ever since I was three; as far as collecting ponies proper (that is, regularly buying them as collectibles instead of just as playthings), I've been collecting since I was about 10, with a break of about six years during high school and college. I didn't sell any of my collection during that time, thankfully, and began again in about 2013 after finding ponies at a flea market.

When I was three, I was playing with Glory and Peachy in a thrift store, and my mom says the owner gave them to me for free because she saw how much I loved them. That started me on ponies, which I got from thrift stores and stores throughout my childhood (though it was the last of G1 in the U.S. so there were almost more in thrift stores than stores). When I was in fifth or sixth grade, around 1997 or 1998, I got online and found Dream Valley and was sucked in. :lol: I think that the release of G2 spurred me on; I remember getting the McDonalds happy meal toys and seeing the G2s in stores. The first pony I bought online was Baby Ribbs because a childhood friend had had him; I paid for him by money order (how times have changed!) Soon after I got Baby Paws and Baby Glory.

I was an active lurker for the most part until maybe 2001, when I joined Moonshadow's message board (anyone remember that?) Then I took a hiatus a few years later, as mentioned, and came back in 2013 and joined the Arena. Back in the day I called myself Little Glory (I think someone had already taken the name Baby Glory).

Oops, accidentally already answered my own question already! Glory and Peachy

Baby Sapphire; I just got her today! She's so beautiful.

G1! I grew up with them, obviously. I like G2 to a degree because I kind of grew up with them, too, at the tail end of my childhood; I bought most of the U.S. releases from stores and bought some from overseas, like the unicorns and babies, when I was still young. (My mom helped me with many international money orders, etc.)   

Pretty sure I'm the 700 range ^^; Some are my sister's, though; our childhood collections are somewhat combined.

Baby Sugarcake is my unattainable grail. I remember looking at her in the brochures that came with my ponies when I was little (the few that I actually got new from the store). I wonder what would have happened if I'd ordered a few then . . . :lol: I also want Baby Milky Way; the TAF babies are so cute.

I have many favorites, but I'll have to go with Baby Glory. I love stars and white and blue, and her pose. She was one of the first ponies I bought and my online name for a long time, and in my childhood games (I did play with ponies even into high school, though my excuse was that my sister was still young enough and would be sad if I stopped) she was a favorite pony with a stubborn, loyal disposition. If there were a fire she'd be one of the first ponies I'd grab. (In fact, when a hurricane almost hit our area she and Baby Moondancer were among the few I was able to take with me to the shelter.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:11:13 AM by Haruna »

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2017, 06:42:34 AM »
I've had ponies since second grade, so 14 years.  My G3s were some of my favorite toys as a kid.
 Somewhere along the line that shifted from ponies for playing to ponies for collecting but it's hard to pin point when exactly that happened since there hasn't really been a time I wasn't buying ponies or receiving ponies for gifts.

I guess when I really started thinking of myself as a collector (though I probably had technically been one for a while before that) was in my junior year of high school when I bought my first G1 on eBay.  Milky Way really sparked my love of G1 and buying her was what prompted me to join the Arena.  I just saw her on eBay and knew that she had to be mine lol.  I'd have been crushed if I didn't win that auction!

Maybe 2011 or 2012 ish?  I was sort of involved in the FiM community around then but I wasn't really involved in any forums or anything.  I was mostly just posting drawings on Deviant Art, but I wasn't really interacting with other fans beyond that.  I feel like I really became a part of the community when I joined here in 2013.

G3 Tink-a-Tink-a-Too!

G4 pearly Cherry Berry, I believe.  I also recently found some G3s at the thrift store, but I think that was before Cherry Berry.

Tough question!  I probably equally love G1 and G3, but I'm more actively focused on collecting G1s right now.

Oh gosh, I'm SO bad at estimating stuff like this and I've never actually counted (now I want to!).  Probably between 150 and 200?  Maybe more if I count Ponyvilles and Blind Bags.

G1 Night Glider!!  She's so gorgeous. 

My G3 Tink-a-Tink-a-Too because she was my first pony and I love her.  She's adorable!  She and Milky Way are my two overall favorites, but Tink gets the edge since she's been in my herd since day one and Milky Way is a relatively recent member by comparison. 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2017, 07:30:56 AM »
So much fun! I love reading all the responses :D

1. How long have you been collecting ponies? My whole life. I got my first pony when I was 3 and never stopped searching for them. They stopped making ponies the same year I got my first one and I was always on the hunt for second hand ones and never stopped. :D So like 26 years? ;p

2. How did you start collecting ponies?  See above, never really stopped. It was my first pony, that was given to me for free from the toy store Child World (anyone remember that?). I was always a passive collector… full force was when G3 came out and I joined the community so like 2002/2003.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)? Hmm 2000 I was a lurker but since I was too young I would say 2002/2003 I became a part of the community so like 15 years?

4. Who was your first pony? Sweet Suds, her poofy hair always made me think I did something wrong by taking her in the tub. XD

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)? Baby dots and hearts at a tag sale for $2.

6. What is your favorite generation? G1 (can’t touch the original ;p)

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection? Umm… well I counted only my G3s last year….. I would have to say closer to 1,000.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment? So many to name lol. I really want more later G1 ponies (like year 9  & 10 ponies) including Dream Beauties.

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know) So hard but I would say G1 Bowtie! I have such a soft spot for her. Her adorable freckles, her coloring, the different variations, the way she wore bows in the cartoon…. But it’s really it’s b/c I picked her up at a tag sale and loved her shy pose and freckles. She became the sweetheart of the herd in all the stories I created.  (G3 it’s my signature Pretty Pop.)
~Foxtale~

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2017, 07:53:35 PM »
    I began collecting in 2014, so about three years now.

In the summer of 2014, I tore my ACL, and I was limited on what I could do for months.  My family took me to Build-A-Bear for my birthday since it wouldn't require me to walk around and such. I saw the Rainbow Dash plushie and fell in love with her. (Funny enough,  I began to hate her in the show to an extent.) I went back a few days later to make AJ, and I've been hooked ever since. I've even dug out my childhood ponies.

I don't remember exactly when I became part of the Internet community, probably not long after I got my Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash is technically the first pony I got when I began collecting, but my first pony ever was either my childhood G3 Rainbow Flash or my G1 Starglow.

I actually purchased three together. G1 Seawinkle, Bubbles, and Morning Glory.

I really love G1, but G3 will always have a place in my heart since I grew up with it.

Somewhere between 200 and 250.

G1 Merry Treats. I don't think she's too hard to find, but as someone who only buys ponies I find "in the wild," I have a hard time finding specific ponies.

Oh, gosh, this is a hard one. My favorite pony changes all the time. Right now,  I'd have to go with G3 Toola Roola from the Core 7 line. I'm an artist, and finding an art pony was a huge surprised when I began collecting older ponies.

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2017, 10:28:17 PM »
My first ponies were G2s that my mom got me as a kid, but I first got into collecting when I was about 10. So 13 years.

As I mentioned, I started playing with G2s, and when I saw G3s pop up in stores I was like "I know I'm too old for this, but these remind me of the ones I played with years ago, so it'd be cool to have a few of them." It just escalated from there!

It started with G4 in 2011, I was a "brony" whose special interest was FIM and I started talking to other bronies online. Eventually I saw the things that were wrong in that community and kind of left, but never stopped loving FIM or any of the previous generations.

I believe it was Light Heart and Sundance, with the birthday playset.

My most recent G3s I purchased have been Periwinkle, Kiwi Tart and Citrus Sweetheart. More recently, a new friend gave me his childhood mini Light Heart figure!

G3

I'd have to count, which I plan on doing eventually. I have trouble guesstimating amounts, so I could have anywhere from 30 to 200 ponies in total.

Kimono!

If I had to choose just one, it'd be Applejack. G4 specifically, but I also love G1 Applejack.
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 11:53:48 PM »
About 15 years

I used to have ponies from my childhood. I had to leave them behind because I left home at early age. My grandparents kept them in stock. When I had my own apartment I brought them back in my life and bought more :)

Also about 15 years, I wanted to meet more people and started to look for forums

G1 Lickety Split

A few of the g4 reboot ponies

G1

I haven't counted in ages so my guess would be the 1200-1300 range

A south african pony as the  most pricey one, a little bit close to home I would go for a So soft Gusty to complete the collection

Barnacle is my favourite one, always on the hunt for treasures in life :)

Online Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2017, 05:49:04 AM »
This sounds like fun! I'm in!

On and off for as long as I can remember, if we count fakies as well. Ponies have always been 'my thing'.

Apparently before my mum and step-dad (a pony breeder) got together, I fell in love with the pony in the paddock 2 doors down, who was lead past our house every day. Her name was Twinkle.

According to the TP, 8 years!

Ruby Lips.

Marshmellow Coco & Summer Shores

G1, closely followed by G2&3.

Probably between 600 & 800, I haven't counted properly in a while.

I don't really have grails, and at the moment I'm not after anyone in particular. But if I HAD to choose one pony to hunt for right now, it'd probably be something to complete my G4 collection as it's pretty close to done. Maybe one of the baby ponies - Twist or silver spoon?

Such a tough call, I love so many of them! I'm going to say my very first pony, my original Ruby Lips that I named Silky Mane, after Lady Lovely Lock's horse. I have a duplicate Ruby Lips in my collection who's in much better condition, (and not sporting a bob cut and a poofy tail a perfume puff would be proud of!) but Silky mane has got to be my  absolute favourite pony in existence.
As for favourite pony character, I'd say Nightglider.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:52 AM »

Well I started when I was 3 and now im 28 so 25 years!

My mum bought me a barnacle when i was crying one day from a charity shop and I never looked back! Always been my favourite toy :)

I think my first site was the MLPTP when I was about 13 so a good 15 years in the community. I think PKW was the first pony peep I ever spoke to!

Barnacle, followed by Bright Eyes and Baby Stargaze

The last pony I have acquired would be NC Posey

100% G1 followed by G2. Probably because they hold the most childhood memories for me.

I think my last count was roughly 2500 :) That's across all gens. Roughly 2/3 are duplicates.

Has to be Rapunzel

My favourite pony of all time would Mimic. I watched the golden horseshoes episode on VHS and just fell in love with her! I searched for years before discovering the internet and found out her true value. An ex partner eventually bought her for me. Literally the best thing to come out of that relationship haha
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:36:28 AM by mimicsno1fan »

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2017, 10:59:21 AM »
2 Years now (not counting the ponies I had as a child, for reasons which are explained below)

After unpacking the boxes which were supposed to contain my childhood collection, but in fact contained only three of my ponies I found I needed to fill the hole...

About a year

Bubbles and Bowtie as a child, I remember getting them together, and Posey as an adult collector. I still have Bowtie, but not Bubbles.  :cry:

Night Glider - not yet with me as the seller is away on holiday until the beginning of next month.

G1 definitely and absolutely. Though there are some very lovely G3 ponies as well

About 50

Any and all SA ponies. HAHAHA! I am so funny! I will never find one of them  ^.^. Otherwise Night Glider was my more obtainable grail, there is just something about her. Now that I (almost) have her I will need to rethink. Perhaps German Nightlight with the small symbol

One? I have to choose ONE?! They are ALL my favourites, I love every pony in my collection

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal