collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz  (Read 7458 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »
1. How long have you been collecting ponies?
I started about July of 2012

2. How did you start collecting ponies?
I started watching FiM, and about a month after finding out there was a second season and watching that I inevitably started looking for a couple of blind bags, despite my insistence that I'd never buy any kind of MLP toys.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?
I started frequenting a couple of brony sites around December 2012

4. Who was your first pony?
A Twilight Sparkle blind bag

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)?
A Fluttershy that came with the portable cottage playset

6. What is your favorite generation?
G4

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection?
Somewhere between 500 and 600, depending on how you count Equestria Girls.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?
Glowing Hearts Princess Cadance

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know)
Pinkie Pie!  Specifically, the Crystal Empire version that came in a 2-pack with Celestia. They were the first brushables I bought. And the first of many, many, many, many other Pinkie Pies.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 05:35:20 PM »
less than 2 years

life sucked and ponies on YouTube just made me feel happy and I got totally hooked on G4 fan stuff, bought a lot of T shirts mostly Rainbow Dash then I watched FiM and bought a buildabear Twilight Sparkle from someone on eBay who told me about this place and I got hooked on G1.  I often wonder what's the deal with ponies anyway, but they do something to my brain and I hope I'm never cured.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?
Just here; I was a closet pony-lover before signing up (much to all y'all's chagrin).

Found 2 McDonalds G4 Rainbow dashes in 2011 somewhere; I have no idea where but I liked them.  First G1 was Parasol.

I don't even know, unless you count a really bad fluttershy child's custom I just found in some trash two days ago.

G1, of COURSE for so many reasons, but also all gens including g3.5s they are just so cute!

counting all of them, has to be at least 3 or 4 hundred maybe more (counting duplicates), I really don't know.  A lot, but mostly common.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?
any pony I see.  I now have pretty much every pony I knew about and wanted except maybe Nightglider or the GOH Applejack and Daring Do.

Celestia.  She's just the best and has a great quiet sense of humor and I love her Picard style of leadership.  The recent season pilot reminded me how much I love her.  And she's white; I love white ponies and I don't know why.

You forgot to ask what's your favorite gimmick, like BBE or Brush n Grow etc.  I like BBEs because they have actual round eyeballs even if they are a little beady.  The eyes are what I like about piggies.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 06:04:42 PM »

As an adult, nearly six years?!  :blink:

Had a childhood herd who I loved and cherished and held onto. When my girls were born, I pulled them out of storage to hand them down.... then realised I wasn't quite ready to let go of them yet!!  :lol: :lol:  I stole my ponies back and made up for it by giving my girls some g3's lol... and then I decided to do some research on vintage ponies.... and well... hello online auction sites!! 
Started out just getting a few I liked the look of or always admired/wanted when i was a kid. Then they must have started breeding or something... :devious:

Well, I'm only really active here, and according to my arena stats, since Nov 2011.

Bow Tie  :inlove:  My first pony as an adult collector, Powder :)

Ummm... Stockings - she was an unexpected surprise in my last pony parcel :)

G1. No question. I don't collect or have any interest in the others.

ergh.... close to or around 350?? And that's not including Plushies and my almost complete set of petites/charms   :lookround:

Would love to finally get my hands on Princess Tafetta. Or the watermelon bright sight petite. She's the last one I need!

Yeah... that is too hard. Nightglider was always my favourite pony from my childhood herd, but now that she has over 300 herd mates, I can't pin it down to any one singular pony  :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »
1) and 2) I'm not sure. I had ponies as a kid, they were given away by my mom. I started collecting again when G3 hit. Then I got back into G1s and I'm now dabbling a bit with G4s .

3) Two years going on three.

4) I'm not totally sure, but I believe it was Windy.

5) Pretzel and Princess Twilight Sparkle

6) G1 always!! G3 is definitely second best.

7) I have 72 including fakies.

8) My big Grail right now is Star Glow.

9) Fizzy. She's the best unicorn.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:59:42 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2017, 08:21:06 PM »
I've been in the community since 2003!

As a small hooman.

Since 2003!

Peachy!

:pout: -_- I can't remember!!

G1

Like 10 at the moment!

Alternative Twisty Tail

Again, Twisty Tail. She's the one I clearly remember getting, opening and loving her colours as a kid!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »

Like 10 at the moment

What?!? Seriously Loa???

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »
...6 years wow.

I saw the G4 stuff on shelves, thought it was cute. But was reluctant because of the brony following. But then I bought a dang G4 Rainbow Dash and was just. I was in.

July of 2011. I think me joining the Arena was probably the start of it in general. I usually go all in when I get a hobby lol.

G4 Rainbow Dash

Uhhh. I think Brilliant Bloom??

G1

19??

Mimic ;o;/

Eeeeeee. I dunnooooo. I'll go with Posey because she was the first one I saw when I was counting how many ponies I had haha. She was also my first mint pony so, it probably helps how much I love her.

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »

For about a month now. Needless to say, sometimes I feel very out of my depth here!

I was at Wondercon with a friend and way in the back, there was a vendor selling a bunch of bagged G1s in varying condition. I was very surprised by how cute they were in person and was sorely tempted to buy one, but decided not to until I knew a little more about them.

I'm actually regretting not snagging Minty now. -_-

Only for about as long as I've had this account. I'm very new.

Cherry Treats! She's plain compared to a lot of other ponies, but I fell in love with that bright red hair of hers and how it contrasted with her white body and soft blue eyes. She's almost a little rockabilly and I think that's very unique in the MLP world.

I have a Sea Breeze currently coming to me in the mail! I've been going through a bit of a personally rough time, and such a summery-looking pony made me smile. I decided to treat myself.

Generation 1, definitely. They stand out to me because of how innocent/chubby/sweet they look compared to the other generations, and the sheer variety of their poses and color schemes.

Three right now, but soon to be five, if one fakie counts!

If by "grail pony" you mean "pony I really want but will probably never have," I'd have to say Ice Crystal. His color scheme is quite beautiful -- I'm a sucker for anything in mint.

Definitely very hard! But at least how I'm feeling right now, Night Glider. Her dreamy blue color scheme and space theme appeal to me on a very personal level.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 05:53:54 AM »
Originally, I started collecting after I got my first pony in 1983 but I returned to it in 2001 or 2002 when I found out about the existence of eBay.

Because of a Christmas present as a child and then again as an adult because of eBay. I was going to sell off my childhood collection and then couldn't part with it and instead started buying more.

Since 2001-02.

Moonstone.

MIB Baby Blue Belle

G1

I really have no idea. I would say not enough. My husband would say too many.

I'm still seeking a Mimic in nice condition for a good price.

Variant Princess Royal Blue (GITD). I wanted her for so long and I finally got her and she sits out for all to see. She's the pride of my collection and will always be.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:56:42 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 07:07:14 AM »
I have been collecting off and on since about 2008. After G4 happened, I sort of stopped collecting as actively. I still have a wishlist of G1s and G3s to get a hold of, though! I do a lot of customizing.

I started by buying the G3s available in our local stores, and quickly got addicted. I had a rainbow of G3s on my desk in college. When I became an Arena member, I began buying the G1s as well, and now my collection is about half and half. I don't typically collect G4s, but I do have two sets of blindbags for customizing.

Since 2008, the Arena is my MLP Internet community!

I only had one MLP as a child, Star Hopper. My parents' philosophy was that toys were a waste of time and money, so my sister and I only had a few special toys that we loved, compared to my friends' massive collections of troll dolls and Polly Pockets. I was always jealous but knew better than to ask my parents for extra things. My sister and I each got 1 toy at Christmas and birthdays. Star Hopper was a lucky find at our elementary school's garage sale. I recall there were three ponies available there - Star Hopper, Sunspot, and Glory. I grabbed Star Hopper the second I saw her, and my sister was going to take Sunspot, but I inadvertently convinced her to take Glory instead because she was also a unicorn. To this day I still wonder what happened to that Sunspot. 

Oh hmmm.... not counting ponies intended for customization, probably Chief. I also have collected a few of the G4 plushes, I think the last one was Build-A-Bear Ditzy/Muffins.

G1 or G3, I like them both.

around 300, not counting plushes and blindbags

Barnacle is the one that somehow keeps slipping through my fingers!

This one is easy, actually - it's Star Hopper, my childhood friend. I would sleep with her next to my pillow and turn her body so it looked like she was watching me.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »
Effectively since Christmas 1984, when I was 2, but I took a year's break when I began secondary school in 1993-4. Yeah, I know, the year all those rare UK ponies came out, but they were never sold in my area anyway, so it didn't really end up a problem. When we began collecting again,  my parents actually found a store in London that did mail order that had almost all of them, so we were really lucky. London obviously had better connections than the welsh borders.

Carboot sale collecting began in 1995. I actually think it was July 2nd. The ponies were Lickety Split and Parasol and I was super excited that we found old ponies for so cheap. That was the start of the recollect.
Online collecting since 1997, from a library computer. My first trade pony was Mimic in November 1997.

I have taken time off collecting online over that time, but the G1 ponies have never gone away into storage again since that year in the mid 1990s. My G2 and G3 ponies are in storage in the attic and G3 I have largely downsized.

My mother saw Windy in BHS and thought she was pretty, so bought her for me. I wasn't convinced, but she tried again for my birthday with Baby Blossom. That did the trick. I started buying my own ponies effectively from when I was five, with birthday and christmas money. I would also generally get a pony for each of those occasions, either from parents or a grandparent. If I was lucky, sometimes I got two. I had 68 ponies as a child, when they went into the attic for that year's hiatus.

As mentioned above, since 1997, but it wasn't the same kind of community there. That was when I first had adverts posted on the black and pink MLPTP board, met my first trade partner (literally in 1998) and sent information to Dream Valley, but when we got the net at home in April 1998 I joined the ponypeople mailing list, and it went on since then. I didn't join the Arena till 2005, but I remember when it was begun.
I have been here more or less for 20 years, on and off. I'm old.

Rainbow pony Windy, as mentioned above.

I haven't seen her yet, but she's at home with my parents at the moment as she arrived a day or two ago - MIB Princess Star Gleamer. In terms of loose ponies, I had the three third set G4 pearlies from my sister for my birthday and before that, CMM Fluttershy as a mascot for my trip. I can't remember what my last loose G1 was. It might have been Brazilian Strawberry Fair, but if so it was a year ago or more.

Gen 1. That is my collection. The others are just for fun.

I have tried to count many times and always lost count. I am going to estimate somewhere around 1500 if including all various generations and about 100 MIP G1 (with some other MIP that I can't remember and may well be getting rid of from other gens). About 1000 loose G1 I think.
Also somewhere close to 250 pony packages and backcards, which are my equivalent Nirvana, so I think them important enough to mention!

Baby Sugarcake. She's the last mainstream G1 I don't have. Also MOC Windy on the UK card, because I am working my way through my childhood ponies MIP and I still don't have her :'( I have a few other childhood ponies MIP I am looking for, but I have had some mixed luck :/ Baby Tic Tac Toe disappeared in the mail and I just missed out on Rainbow Magic, so I think that quest will be going on a long time...it's doubly hard when your childhood ponies were sold on UK cards :D since the US card is easier to find but not good enough for my nostalgia.

Not possible, sorry. They'd never forgive me :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:55:49 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2017, 01:38:18 PM »
Ooh, sounds fun! Forgive any spelling or formatting errors please, I'm going this on my phone because I'm on my way to a flea market.

I think 5 years? I was a brony first, but then I grew to like the older gens
much better and switched.

Again, I was a brony and had little to no memory of life before FiM
(even though I grew up with g3 ponies). But curiousity got other members of that fandom so I tried it too. It took a bit to grow on me but when it
did, IT DID.

6 years.

In childhood, Strawberry Swirl. That's why I made her into
a secondary ponysona lol. My first one collecting was a so soft Surprise.

As of typing this, Up Up and Away.  And her hair is still so pink!

G1. I'll always have a soft spot for my childhood gen but to me the original can't be beat.

A lot lol. I can't give numbers but my US/common G3 collection is almost complete and my US G1 collection is probably a little over a quarter complete now.

All the TAFs (I have the second set down! Wee!), all the TEs. I also have a big soft spot for euros tee hee.

Oh! And dream beauties! I'd like all of them too.

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know!)

G1: Wind Whistler (Autistic like me!)
G2: Ivy (childhood ride or die)
G3: Strawberry Swirl (^)
G4: Starlight Glimmer (Voice actress thing...)
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »
avidly for a bout 2 years now!

i recieved a party time for my birthday and i fell in love with her.

probably since FiM came out, but not that actively. i considered myself a fan of mlp since g4, but now i love all gens.

quackers, that i can remember. when i was a kid.

Jenny  :blush:

g1! the molds are designs are just so beautiful.

g1 ~ 30
g2 - 0
g3 ~ 10 or 15 ish
g4 ~ 10 not including blind bags

algodoncete is my grail :heart:

g1 - blueberry baskets
g2 - ivy
g3 - coconut grove
g4 - celestia

wishlist

Offline fizzerknight

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Button pose obsessive! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
Unofficially since 1992. But I was just a kid.  :P Officially since 2002.

My mother bought me my first ones, bless her heart.

I was anonymously surfing as early as 200..4? Maybe 2005.  ^.^

Princess Tiffany!  :biggrin:

A GORGEOUS G1 Hasbro Replica from BerryMouse.

G1.  ;)

I just downsized, probably around 45 or 50.

G1 Streaky!

ONE!?  :shocked:  :P Let's see.. It has always been Fizzy. Since I was a kid actually.. But I've always loved Princess Primrose as well.  :cry: Right now, I'll choose her.  :blush:
Any Britney Spears items you don't want? Sell them to me!

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 02:58:56 AM »
Since 2011

Because of FiM. I used to like the show so I became interested in the toys.

I mostly just lurk rather than interact with the community but I've been an arena member since 2012

G4 Fashion Style Rarity. I already sold her long ago though.

Technically I haven't purchased her yet, but I have a Flutterbye on reserve and layaway.

G1

I have about 101 ponies overall, this includes all Generations and doubles.

There's a lot of ponies I want but the ones I've been wanting or looking for the longest are Fizzy and Gusty

Can't answer this one since not only is there so many of them my favs frequently change.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal