collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz  (Read 7417 times)

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
Re: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 07:40:39 AM »
1. How long have you been collecting ponies?
8 years. Ever since i was 6.  :)

2. How did you start collecting ponies?
I don't really remember...

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?
Only a year

4. Who was your first pony?
Minty!

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)?

Galaxy! She's really pretty!

6. What is your favorite generation?
A tie between G1 and G4.

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection?

Near the hundreds mark.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?

Parasol. She's so beautiful!

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know)

Twilight Sparkle. I started watching the FiM show when I was seven or eight, and loved TS.
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 08:29:09 AM »
Hmm, hard to say. Well I had some when I was a kid, wasn't really into them then though. I was really into the Ponyvilles near the end of G3/start of G3.5 but I dunno if I'd really say I was *collecting* then.. kind of, I guess.. I had my G3s and one G1 (Cool Breeze) and liked them but I was more a Sylvanian collector at that point. The Dollymix G1s hit my area in late 2011 and I was hardcore collecting them. Then in summer 2012 I got the G1 Pony Bride and that's it, I was hooked!

So I guess I've been collecting on and off for most of my life really, but 2012 is when I consider myself to have really started collecting :)

kind of went into this above but I'll elaborate; wasn't really into them when I was a kid (not much of a horse person) but liked them later on. I always thought custom ponies were very cool.. never been into G3.5 and by the time I was really interested in ponies, they were all that was on the shelves. Dollymix G1s reignited the spark in late 2011. Summer 2012 (around June I believe), my mum found an antique store that had G1s and brought back Pony Bride as a gift; we went back there a lot and I was hooked :B

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?
Since Jan 2013 when I first joined the Arena, I guess. I tend to keep to myself so I was into ponies before but never joined any communities (I did lurk on the Arena for a good few years before I finally made the plunge and joined, though :P). I tend to lurk on the edge of fandoms and whatnot instead of joining communities for them ^^;

G2 Ivy!

those suuuuper cute sitting Easter G4 ponies. RD and Pinkie are with me atm, Twilight got a bit lost along the way (long story) so I'm waiting for her to arrive :B

G1! But I love all of them except G3.5.

no idea about the exact number, but probably around ~650, maybe. That's counting Equestria Girls and misc stuff like the Running Press ponies, though.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?
Felicidades :B Never gonna get her, but she's soooo cute..

G2 Ivy ^_^ The absolute best!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »
2014 when we're talking about brushables.

I got into MLP:FiM years ago. Eventually I got interested in the earlier generations' shows and then started looking into the toys. G3's were what pulled me in.

Jazz Matazz with Baby Wave Catcher.

Hm... G3 Pretty Pop or G1 Pony Bride. I forget. It's been a while. I had to focus on paying for school.

G3.

Maybe 20-30?

G3 Winter Snow.

G3 Jazz Matazz and Candy Cane have always been my favorites.

|My Collection|

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »
I think in 1998 when I was in grade 10. I of course had a large childhood collection that I kept but they were in storage for a while so in high school is when I actually started collecting them and displaying them.

I'm not 100% sure what exactly sparked my interest in my old toys again but I think it was more my care bears that got me back into collecting. It led me to digging out my care bears from storage and finding my pony bin and my rainbow brite dolls etc so I instantly fell back in love with all those 80's toys and put them on display in my room. Those were the wonderful days of finding tons of G1's at flea markets and garage sales for 10 cents a pony so I started scooping them up. My collection went back into hibernation when I moved out at 21 and I started collecting again in 2010 when my daughter was 4 and I pulled them out for her to play with and started buying her G4's. Then I realized that I wasn't done being a collector so I took out my favorites for my collection and let her play with the rest until she outgrew them and how they're all mine again.

I'd say '98-'99 when I got into collecting as a teen and was active online researching and buying on ebay. I don't remember exactly when the TP started but I'm sure I was on there.

I think Gusty. My first few ponies were Gusty, Sea Mist (sea pony), Tiny Bubbles (baby sea pony), Baby Cuddles and Majesty. So I could be wrong but I always had it in my head that Gusty was my first and forever favorite

I found a Greek Peachy at the thrift store a couple weeks ago!!! Plus some other common G1's

G1 for sure! G4 would be 2nd

I'm estimating 250ish G1's that aren't doubles. I need to update my inventory list. Counting G3's and G4's I must be over 500 but I've never counted them

Brazilian Baby Lofty

Gusty. She was my first and forever favorite pony as far as I can remember. I love unicorns and I always loved that her symbol was a maple leaf since I'm Canadian. I always thought of her as a Canadian pony.  :blush:

Makaroni_the_pony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »

Less than a year, I should've known better though I've always been prone to collecting things.

I used to have my mom mail me baity G3s to customize, but then she mailed me Butterscotch, who I thought was too pretty to bait, so I put her on my shelf, and then somehow decided I needed more so that she had friends. I got into G1s after I got into restoration and started fixing some of my boss' old ponies for her.

Technically speaking I was in the brony community in 2012 on Tumblr, so a few years now even though I didn't start collecting until recently.

The first pony I remember getting was actually a G3.5 Rainbowdash but I repainted her, the first G3 was obviously Butterscotch, my first G1 were Shady and Sundance, and my first G4 was a Pursey Pink that someone gave me in a trade uvu

I just bought a Princess Tiffany the other day uvu

G1 definitely, I like older toys

I haven't counted recently, but it's around forty five or fifty, not counting the ones I'm selling

I've always wanted a Macau Jenny, but honestly I think it would be cool to just find a G1 pony in the wild instead of having to always buy them on Ebay and Etsy

4-speed, he's actually the reason I started collecting, even though I don't have one yet.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 10:28:55 AM »
Actively since 2002/2003. Had some ponies from childhood.

Wanted to find out my childhood pony names and found the Dream Valley site. Then I found a random G1 in a thrift store, and went back to DV to ID them. That's when I found out about G3s being released.

Since 2005

Firefly and Sand Dollar (got them together)

Umm...Nightmare Night Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle 2-pack ponyville set

G1 or G3

ermm...800+ just ponies, then a bunch of "sort of ponies" (ponyvilles, McDs, etc). Don't have my collection spreadsheet with me at the moment.

a few of the dutch babies (Rabbit, Dolphin), one of those Giant blank white G3s

too hard to pick
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 10:31:16 AM »
Since 2011, so about six years! I had ponies in my childhood, but unfortunately they were donated once I grew older.

I was on vacation, visiting a K-Mart for some essentials, and I saw a G3.5 Sweetie Belle. I remembered loving ponies when I was younger, and I had heard that there was a new pony reboot that people my age (13) and older were into. I impulse bought her, and never looked back! :-)

About two years.

As a child, Sunny Daze! In my current collection, G3.5 Sweetie Belle!

Pearlized Rainbow Dash and Pearlized Twilight Sparkle! (In a two pack.)

Hard to choose, but G1! I like that they're the most horselike. :-)

It's been a while since I last counted, but I would guess around 180.

My grail is the Surprise Twins Pony! I know a lot of people think her gimmick is weird, but I think she's very sweet.

Rainbow Curl Stripes! I love rainbows, and she's in my favorite pose! Mine lives on my bedside table :-)

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
1. How long have you been collecting ponies? Since around 1995

2. How did you start collecting ponies? Since I was a child I loved horses and MLP was a big part of my childhood collection of toys. Once I got older I cleaned them all up and started seeking out more.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)? Around 10 years

4. Who was your first pony? No way to remember. My first pony was bought for me when I was a couple years old

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)? Princess sunbeam

6. What is your favorite generation? G1

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection? Maybe 800ish. It's been awhile since I counted.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment? I'd love to have scribbles and dabble

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know) Hmm, Bow Tie was always a favorite when I was younger...

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »

Since 1991, when I was 4. :D

As a child, when I really really wanted that "barbie horse" from the toy catalogue. It was Kisscurl with her parlour. :P

Since 2008.

Kisscurl.

My kingsday lot. The last pony I bought online was Surprise, about a year ago.

G1 only!

A little over 200, I think.

Mainsail, I think.

Ugh! I think I'll go with Baby Sunribbon. :heart:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 11:54:01 AM »

I always forget but I guess my collection technically started with my Funrise Twilight Sparkle, because I started seeking out the other ones to go with her. That was around xmas 2012 I think? But I didn't really start until November/December 2015 when I picked up the Cutie Mark Magic Twilight and Sunset Shimmer. After that it just ballooned. So I'd still go with the second one being the start date. So I'd go with it having been a bit over a year and a half?

*Checks Arena registration date* June 14, 2016, 05:43:12 PM
This was my first foray into the community.

Dainty Dove when I was a kid.

I have 5 that were bought at the same time >.>
Silver Rain, Princess Fuchsia, Precious, Bright Bramley, and Ivy
I mean purchased was technically Scootaloo but it's not for me, it was a pickup for someone else.

Totally not G2...  :whistle:

I don't think I want to know the actual number... XD
But somewhere around 500 - 600 maybe? Not quite sure... I haven't updated my spreadsheet in awhile or even looked at it (darn second job sucking up all my time XD). All I can access right now are my G4 numbers.

I actually haven't thought about that since I got mine. I guess most wanted would be the G2 Castle playset with Sugar Berry, but that's not so much for the pony as the playset. I guess after that the set I'm looking for because of the ponies would be Trueheart and Sweetheart.

I'm gonna cheat a bit here >.> Silver Swirl is my favorite pony for in general. But if I had to choose a favorite from my collection it would be my Dazzleglow with her haircut. Bonded with her somehow when I saw her picture and I'm still absolutely in love with her.

Offline Wild Raspberry

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Be the change you want to see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »

Oooo! Fun!

Um, about 3 years I think

My best friend  Princess Starlilly  introduced me

Two years

Skywhishes

Ummm, I think it was Mainsail  ;)

It's a toss up between 1 and 3, but probably 3

I think the current count is at 49, not including BB and McD ponies.

SS Angel,  but currently I really want Tex and SS Scrumptious

Overall, Applejack, but mainly for her personality in the G4 show. She's my kind of farm girl.
By favorite deign though it would probably be Chilly Breezes, gotta love those accessories.

Thanks for starting this!!

WR

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »
1. How long have you been collecting ponies?  14 years

2. How did you start collecting ponies?  i was given some as a very young kid

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)? maybe 5

4. Who was your first pony?maybe pinkie pie

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)? apple jack

6. What is your favorite generation? g3

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection?300

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment? fufuwa hair pony

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know)fufuwa hair pony i like her hair
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline MoonstoneFluff

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I <3 Ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 12:36:28 PM »
1. How long have you been collecting ponies? Longer than I'd care to admit, let's just say over 30 years.

2. How did you start collecting ponies? I had ONE pony as a wee one and always wanted more, but they weren't allowed.  When I started earning my own money, I started collecting seriously.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)? Not long, five years or so, but I'm mostly a lurker.

4. Who was your first pony? First childhood pony was Glory.

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)? Hula Hula

6. What is your favorite generation? Gen 1, but I collect them all.

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection? At last count around 700, mostly g1.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment? That changes almost daily but right now I'm working on finding all of the g1 So-Soft ponies.  I feel like Hasbro made a zillion of them and I'll never be done.

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know) SO DIFFICULT!  Heartthrob is probably my current favorite.  Everything about her color and symbols just appeal to me. 
Formerly known as HelloKuma

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 01:09:46 PM »

Quite a while!  Became a pony fan when I was a tot, actively "collected" when I was ...thirteen maybe?  and I'm 32, so...nearly 20 years.

I found my childhood collection of G1's during a move to England and wanted to get more TE ponies and newborn twins.  A few months later G2's were announced as a rerelease as well!

*blush* a while - short answer since around '96 or '97

I remember the neon black and pink MLPTP board.  I remember the redesign of the MLPTP.  Then it was overrun with spam and ads...and the MLP Arena came out.  My first thought was "A DIFFERENT pony board!  Oh goodness...that will never work!" So I delayed making an account out of "protest" - finally making an account for fear out of my name getting taken one month after it opened in October 2003.  The arena was created in September 2003.  Lol!  Guess I was a bit wrong. (I blame teenage angst!)

Honestly, no clue.  Been getting them since I was 2, and I'm 32...so...no memory. :) I remember sea ponies as bathtub toys though!

Erm...BAB Big Mac.  Just completed the BAB set and have all 21 and their outfits. 
*wait* ...  I did purchase a Wave one and two of the pearly G4's yesterday, and Nurse Red Heart.  Looking for Wave 3 to finish up my set!

G1's for sure

Don't know, never counted.  But honestly I don't really have more than my childhood G1's, Brushable G4's, Fashion Style G4's and my BAB ponies.  Guessing....meh - 250? 300? It's probably not even that high.

Sadly...TAF Baby Dancing Butterflies.  I've always wanted her to go with my Mommy DB from my childhood collection, but just can't bring myself to spend the moolah.

Hardest question here actually....as a child it was Princess Brush and Grow Glittering Gem. <3

Today, I would have to say TE Sweet Stuff (or any other TE ponies really!)

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 01:45:42 PM »
I have been a fan since 1986 but started collecting in 2000

It was actually a way to escape my real life problems. I saw collectors on the Internet and learned that you could buy ponies in second hand stores. I remember finding Glory and Moondancer in a second hand store in March of 2000 and I was ecstatic! Also I started to warm up to the 'G2' ponies. Over the course of the year the madness got a tight grip on me.

My first cautious appearance was in '98 or '99 on the original black and pink MLPTP boards. I joined the MLP Arena in 2006. I'm not always active, though. It's kinda on and off.

Cotton Candy (the Italy version)

Flower Garland. Bought her at the local second hand market last month.

The 1st generation!!! I have ponies from all generations but nothing beats the classics!!!

I don't know the exact number at the moment but it's around 700.

The ponies I wan't the most are Clover, Bon Bon, Quaterback, Lollipop and Baby Tic-Tac-Toe because I have wanted them since way back. Of ponies currently in stores I really hope to get Fashion Style Starlight Glimmer and Royal Ribbon.

That's a tough one, but I'm gonna say Tex. He's been a favorite since I got him way back and there's just something about him...also due to my personal history of him.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal