collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz
« on: May 09, 2017, 07:59:55 PM »
So I thought it might be fun to get everybody's answers to these get-to-know-you questions! Write as much or as little as you want, and feel free to add more questions or add more info about yourself. Let's see what answers we get!

1. How long have you been collecting ponies?

2. How did you start collecting ponies?

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?

4. Who was your first pony?

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)?

6. What is your favorite generation?

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection?

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Get-To-Know-You Pony Quiz
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 08:07:43 PM »
Fun!  :)

Eleven years?  Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long.  Yup, 11 years.  :)

I had a few G1s as a kid, but they weren't really my thing.  I got really into ponies after my best friend gave me some g3 stuff as a birthday gift.

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)?

11 years.

As a kid, my absolute first pony was Wind Whistler.  As a collector, it was G3 Merriweather.

G1 white baby Valentine's pony, found at thrift store.

G1s all the way.  :)

100?  Maybe?  I'd have to count them again.

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment?

Ice Crystal.

SS Windwhistler.  She's always been my favorite.  :lovey:

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
Fuuuuuuuuuun!

I've played with them since I was 4 years old, in 1985. When I became too 'old' for them, I stored my childhood collection away, but never got rid of them. I discovered the joys of ebay in 2004, and with that came the actual collecting.

2. How did you start collecting ponies? See above

3. How long have you been part of the MLP Internet community (not necessarily just the Arena)? 2006

4. Who was your first pony? I've always thought TE Galaxy together with NBBE Ribbon, but I've discovered an old slide at home showing me with Baby Glory before I had the other two. So Baby Glory it was. She's the only pony from my childhood herd who seems to have gone missing, I can't even remember having her.

5. Who was your last pony (i.e., most recently purchased/acquired)? I remember that very well. My 13th birthday, and my best friend gave me Nesthaeckchen Baby Wuerfelchen. We were watching Beverly Hills 90210 at that time, and I felt a little awkward getting a pony. This led to her being in pristine condition even now, complete with all her lovely accessories.

6. What is your favorite generation? G1 of course, but I also collect G3, a few G2 babies, and G4 (focus on prototypes and FS)

7. About how many ponies do you have in your collection? somewhere between 700-800, I haven't counted in ages

8. Who's your grail pony, or alternatively, the pony you want most at the moment? Blue Posey (unattainable grail), any Spanish TAF, MIB Sticky and Sniffles

9. Who's your favorite pony and why? (choose only one! hard, I know) Surprise, my best friend had her when we grew up, and I always adored her and the little one. They were the first I bought on ebay, and I'm having an army of maybe 20 now, plus MIB and MOC.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »
Since 2013!

Watched FiM and just thought they were really cute.

2013, started on tumblr and joined the Arena a year later.

I think I had a stuffed Pinkie Pie when I was younger before anything I bought when I started collecting.

Coloratura. I'm very behind, I didn't get any of the new ones. I can't afford to  :cry:

Gen 1!

I'd say 250-300.

Nightglider!

Also Nightglider  :P She's just so pretty and I love space.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 09:15:21 PM »

Since around age 15. I'm 30 now :)

Right when I was emerging from my tomboy phase I was gifted 5 G1s (HT Tabby, TE Partytime, SHS FlowerDream, SW High Flyer and SW Glow) and it has been downhill ever since.

2003 or so? I remember starting at the MLPTP way back before it even switched names before the arena was created.

See #2 :)

I just got one of my grails in the mail! Mexican Starflower

G1. Hands down.

Downsized to 150 or so down from about 1000

Large Symbol Nightlight. I sold mine due to cancer.

Nightlight :S
Also Princess Rinse N' Spit.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 09:20:53 PM »
Okay. Let's see if I can answer all those with my Swiss cheese brain...
1. About four years officially.

2. I started around 2004 with a little starswirl. I was a little girl at the time, and as time passed, I grew older and put ponies behind me. Then I was looking through the build a bear workshop catalog in summer 2013 and I saw a princess twilight sparkle. From what I remembered from the odd time I saw merchandise for the show, the purple one wasn't a princess with wings. So I investigated. And faster than you can say "super-cider-squeezy-6000!" I was hooked.

3. Well, about as long as I've been officially collecting. So yeah, four years.

4. My first pony? A G3 starswirl. She had a little raincoat and everything. It's in a bin somewhere in the basement. But she herself is in my room. Standing tall and proud!

5. Last pony? That would be a g1 moondancer. She was my grail girl. And now I have my grail girl!

6. Favorite gen? Gosh, I can't pick one. I'd say g1 because it's the original, G3 because I grew up with that stuff (looking back I despise the cartoons with a passion only a tenth grade animation student could have) and G4, as I've made so many friends and learnt so many important things that help me out in daily life. It's made me more confident and proud of who I am. And g2 is my least favorite. Probably because it was just never here. Never had it. I am jealous of you who did however.

7. Pony population? Approximately 25. I never took the time to count!

8. Current grail? Toughie...after getting moondancer I've had to rethink the whole grail thing. I'd have to say it's a g1 mint/near mint posey. All the poseys here have white hair and other problems like markers and stains. Looks a bit like my grandma after she let five year old me do her makeup!

9. Fave pony?  I had to think about this, but g1 peachy takes the cake. She's a generic pony. And that means almost nothing to base a personality on, leaving it up to my sister and I to decide who she is when we are playing ponies together. One day she's the bratty pony who complains, the next she's some sort of dragon-pony war hero.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 11:29:39 PM »
Well I started collecting as a preschooler back in the late 80s. I sold off my entire herd by age 11 or 12. Then I started acquiring petite ponies in 2009. Then I started getting G3s in 2014 & rebuying G1s in 2016.

I loved MLP as a kid. As an adult I found myself drawn back to MLP when I saw all the lovely G3s in stores.

Since 8 years ago. Although I did take a break between 2009 & 2014

I can't recall. I know it was either Lofty, Peachy, Majesty, or Baby Cotton Candy

When I got back into collecting as an adult my first pony was G3 Sno Glo.

I think it was Salty.

G1, followed closely by G3.

~70

Thundercloud

I can't pick just one, but I'll say Mirror Mirror. She was one of my childhood ponies and one of the first ones I sought out when I began collecting as an adult.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:33:16 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline Joan2Luna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
    • The MLP Arena
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 12:07:57 AM »

Since I was very little, I don't remember exactly.

I really liked the cartoon. Also ponies are cheaper than dolls.

Since 2008-2009.

I think it was G2 Princess Crystal, since she's the oldest pony I have.

A G1 Pretty Vision(who is not here yet).

Its a tie between G1 and G3, since I grew up with both.

36(I had to count them lol).

Citrus Sweetheart, because I lost mine when I was little.

G3 Cotton Candy and Citrus Sweetheart.

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 01:26:06 AM »
Wow, I can't even remember. Grew up with the G1s then I lost interest. In my early teens I opened up my eyes for these lovely little ponies again and that was in the beginning of the G2 era so maybe I've been around since 1997? *feels old*

I always loved ponies as a kid! In my teens I manage so salvage parts of my childhood collection by saving them from the abusive care of my siblings.
At the toystores the G2 had just been launched (did manage to snag up a set of the Surprise Newborns at retail values but sadly as a new collector I didn't understand the future value so they where de-MOCed) and I realized how much I had been missing my old G1 ponies so I started to search for information about them online and suddenly I was hooked.

Back in the days there was only one larger forum; The MLPTP. When a second larger forum, MLPArena opened in 2003 it was a pretty big deal :D

Surprise & Sparkler. My first baby was baby Lemondrop <3

Wow, I haven't bough a pony in ages! Since I already have most of my most wanted I decided I need to sell of a couple before buying more ponies but I did buy Mimic and the green alt. Lily of the Valley birthflower pony a couple of years back.

Generation 1!

Maybe 300? I think I need to count someday.

Hmm, though question. I'm always on the lookout for mint upgrades. I'd love the have more argentina Alitas! <3

Always pending. Today: TAF Sugarberry! Cute pose, Lovely colors and the most adorable strawberry symbols all over! <3

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 03:07:36 AM »

since i was 4  (1984)

my first pony was a birthday present :)

14 years ish

applejack

baby gusty

G1

around 400 don't know actual number as haven't done inventory for a while !

repunzle

applejack ! she was my first pony and has been in all gens in one form or another :)

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 03:23:46 AM »
Technically, I don't. Not yet. I have ponies from childhood, and a few from when my roommate and I customised them in college, but that's about it. I haven't started actively seeking any out, just looking for info on the ones I have thus far. I may start buying old ponies I wanted as a kid, but I'm not sure about that yet because I have a lot of hobbies as it is.

I found out about the Arena years ago when I did custom ponies with my roommate, but I only made an account in 2015. I haven't exactly been a part of the community until recently, however. Certain aspects of the community kind of turned me away at the time, but things change, and I've come back to find it wasn't so scary after all!

I ... actually have no idea. I think Baby Sparkle Gusty.

Ah. Pinkie Pie and her suitcase. My niece was briefly into ponies, so we bought a handful to have around the house as "surprise" toys for when she and her brother would come over. Unfortunately, she grew out of Barbie and the Ponies really, really fast, so by the time I was going to give it to her, she was over it. I kept it myself and it's just been sitting in my sewing room ever since. I'm not super fond of the G4 models, but her hedgehog is cute.

G1's later years, though I really enjoy some of the poses from G3.

I'm really not sure. Maybe half a dozen G1 and about a dozen G3s?

I don't really have one at the moment, though I'd really like to move my collection from storage in the US to here in Australia with me, so I could properly assess it. ^^;

Baby Sparkle Gusty. She's just adorable and spritely, and who doesn't love glitter? Plus, she's a unicorn, and I adored unicorns as a kid, and still do today.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 03:24:26 AM »
I started really collecting them since G2 came in 1996 or 1997 don't fully remember.

My father bought them for me. He really supported my Pony addiction from a very young age.

A year, maybe slightly longer.

Big Brother Salty G1

A lot of 10 G1 Ponies incluiding:Fizzy, Confetti shy pose, Whizzer, Twisty Tails US version, Itian Moondancer, Princess Serena, Painting Time, Masquarade, TE Galaxy and a baby Pony who's name I don't know.

G2 has a special place in my heart. I only collect them MiB to recreate the feeling I had as a child when I looked at Ponies in the store or got one as a present from my dad.

G1 = around 216 which only 2 of them are from my childhood, had more childhood Ponies but I sold them for upgrades.
G2 = 13 from my childhood and 10 MiB which I bought later on Ebay.

This is a hard one as there are some Ponies that I really would enjoy having. Rapunzel is an obvious one, but I would really enjoy having a MiB or mint condition Skippity Doo + stand.

G2 Berry Bright. I was already in love with her as a child. I love the meadow/berry picking feeling. Carrying her two little baskets filled with berries. I love her sparkly green eyes and her orange body as green and orange are both my favorite colors and I love blonde hair on Ponies.Oh and I just love ribbons in hair! She just has it all! So much love!!!

Post Merge: May 10, 2017, 03:27:11 AM

I started really collecting them since G2 came in 1996 or 1997 don't fully remember.

My father bought them for me. He really supported my Pony addiction from a very young age.

A year, maybe slightly longer.

Big Brother Salty G1

A lot of 10 G1 Ponies incluiding:Fizzy, Confetti shy pose, Whizzer, Twisty Tails US version, Itian Moondancer, Princess Serena, Painting Time, Masquarade, TE Galaxy and a baby Pony who's name I don't know.

G2 has a special place in my heart. I only collect them MiB to recreate the feeling I had as a child when I looked at Ponies in the store or got one as a present from my dad.

G1 = around 216 which only 2 of them are from my childhood, had more childhood Ponies but I sold them for upgrades.
G2 = 13 from my childhood and 10 MiB which I bought later on Ebay.
G3 = Not sure but around 15 from my teen years. I haven't counted them recently.

This is a hard one as there are some Ponies that I really would enjoy having. Rapunzel is an obvious one, but I would really enjoy having a MiB or mint condition Skippity Doo + stand.

G2 Berry Bright. I was already in love with her as a child. I love the meadow/berry picking feeling. Carrying her two little baskets filled with berries. I love her sparkly green eyes and her orange body as green and orange are both my favorite colors and I love blonde hair on Ponies.Oh and I just love ribbons in hair! She just has it all! So much love!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 03:27:11 AM by Pierlala »
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 04:06:02 AM »
    I started collecting in 1995-96, my first year of college. 

Driving home one weekend from college, I stopped at a flea-antique market.  I found a baby Yo-Yo, and it brought up memories of my childhood ponies that I was forced to get rid of.  So I started searching out and finding all the ponies I could.

MlpArena 2004.  I took a break for several years when I was broke and had no internet.

Rainbow Windy

Mountain Boy Fireball

G1

A lot!  I don't collect sweet heart sister type ponies, so I have none of those.  No second run princess ponies with weird tinsel forelocks.  I don't collect those weird teeny babies that came after newborns.  Other than those I am almost complete on U.S. ponies except for several Baby sea ponies, a couple more birthflower, Red Roses, a windy wing, and some harder to find mail orders.  Then I have a few international ponies.

Would love Sweet Scoops one day.

Paradise.  I love drawing her and love her colors.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 04:14:31 AM »
ooh I love reading these threads!!   :lovey:  :frolic:  its been ages since I had chance to join in properly so I'm not missing this one

since I was really little . In case you're new and you're wondering  that would be about 1983/4 and I saw my first G1. My next door neighbour bought her daughter Bowtie and I was allowed to borrow her for a night. I didn't want to give her back :P

I've had ponies alllllmost as long as Hasbro has been making them XD  . How did I start?.. oopsy I already answered that one . After I *had* to give Bowtie back  , my mom (also fell in love with ponies) bought me my own ponies i :happy:
 I was a secret collector when I was in my teens, and I didn't like G2 for years so didn't get any of those until about 2009 ish?...   As an Adult?..  I had only a few ponies on display  but in 2008 my hubby found out I had literally hundreds hidden away from when I was a kid and encouraged me to display the lot as well as get  ones I'd always wanted....
they multiplied even faster after hubby was on board with it  :squee:   :blush:

Hmm well.. I joined the Arena in Jan 2009 but I was lurking waaay before that. I guess I wasn't brave enough to join in until then . --->  :facepalm:   

G1 Bluebelle , the UK version with the heart case that had hair clips in it . I still have her of course. Also Butterscotch with the Gymkhana set . Mom bought me both sets :heart:

G4.5 Family Moments set with Princess Cadence, Shining Armor and baby Flurry heart. 

G1 always :hearts: cant beat the original (although I prefer the G4 cartoons)

hahahahaha I should sooo so not admit the extent of my pony addiction in actual numbers  :silly:  :good:   I refused to keep count after  early 2010 when my collection was already over 1000 :bateyes:  :angel: .  Somewhere around 2000 I think TBH

that's a toughie! :faint:  :drunk: :wonder:  .....   if I was hunting MIB then BnG Ringlets in French, German or Spanish packaging, same with MIB Chief - need the Euro language versions.
If I'm hunting loose ponies then  prolly Spanish salty or Spanish Tex cos  I love the boy ponies and I have almost all releases but not those those two. yet.

BnG Ringlets and BB Chief. of course :biggrin:  like you didn't know that already :flirty:  :silly:  :happy:   ok so technically that's 2 but they are a married couple in my world since I was a kid- so that counts as one to me :accomplished:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 07:05:01 AM »
Since 2000, I took a break from pony collecting in about 2004-2011 when I was more interested in ABJD and other Japanese things

When I was a kid I had to donate my ponies, I was a allowed to keep a few favorites (donating my toys was a regular occurrence, my mom would just come into my room with a trash bag and we'd fill it up) and as a young teen I started feeling nostalgic and missing my childhood G1 ponies

I was on the arena before when it was rather new but I got more interested in traveling to Japan so just forgot about it. When I started watching FiM in 2011 I made a new account, FiM really got me back into pony collecting so while G4 is not my favorite generation I'm thankful it reignited the spark

Between being too young and having so many ponies I don't remember! I do remember when I first started collecting G3. I had heard Hasbro was rebooting my little pony and I ran out to Target and got Kimono

Pearly mo baby Blossom at a garage sale this past weekend

G1!

Hmm with all the generations together I guess around 250

Brightglow - I really want to finally complete my Glow n show ponies! I've found 3 Happyglow thrifting over the years but never Brightglow  :cry:
I also really want mo Napper

I guess I'll say Sweetstuff​, I had a friend when I was a kid she was many years older than me but she always kindly played ponies with me and she had Sweetstuff. I always coveted her Sweetstuff specifically​ but never got one of my own haha. In retrospect I bet she would've given it to me if I asked since she only brought the ponies out for me

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal