collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strangest things you've seen advertised on TV?  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Strangest things you've seen advertised on TV?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 04:07:29 AM »
Some sort of spray you put in the loo before you do number two. It's suppose to capsule the odor and keep people from thinking you actually have human bodily functions and instead spread the smell of strawberries whenever you've gone. I don't remember the name but it was riddicoulusly bad.
My grandma got some of this stuff! It was called poo-pourii or something.

I actually have considered getting it. Not because I'm embarrassed about my bodily functions (I honestly have no shame there; chronic illness tends to loosen up your inhibitions about bodily functions), but because it just seems polite to the next person to use the toilet. I have a chronic condition that means my trips to the loo can get pretty noxious, and it seems a bit more polite to not leave them sitting in my personal eau du poo-poo once I've gone.

Kind of how it's not really polite to fart in someone's face, I guess?

Right, but I've noticed over time that these smells do not mix well with the bathroom odors and they actually make me feel sicker than I would be if they hadn't been sprayed.

Apple cinnamon sprays are ruined to me for this reason.  :lol:

Oh. My mistake. I thought this product had no odour and was designed to prevent odour entirely. I didn't realise it was fragranced, but.. the name should've probably tipped me off.

Oh, no. It has a fragrance. I saw the commercial again. The product I'm talking about is named V.I.Poo and the commercial is made so that it seem the next person coming in wouldn't know you even had pooed because of the fragrance and therefor it wouldn't embarrass you, but I think a strange fragrance from the loo would tell something happened anyway.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 08:02:31 AM »
Then there were Pajanimals, I think they were called. They looked like the world's cheapest fursuits.

I remember those! Those were just bizarre. I remember seeing someone call them "training fursuits" :P.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 11:16:01 PM »
This has to be the most bizarre TV ad I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRiNuB_Y1qY

I don't think I'll ever look at ice cream the same ever again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 10:50:32 AM »
I found a couple more. The miniature putting green to use in the bathroom and the Happy Hot Dog Man Maker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUTPCEA-al0

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 09:30:37 AM »
Then there were Pajanimals, I think they were called. They looked like the world's cheapest fursuits.

I remember those! Those were just bizarre. I remember seeing someone call them "training fursuits" :P.

Pajanimals  was also a Jim Henson kids show as well.  J-Animals is the name of the product.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:33:36 AM by invaderhorizongreen »

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 12:10:55 PM »
https://youtu.be/WyEBwvXdLbM
My 11 year old calls these rectumals! Lol!
As for poo-pourri, you could use any essential oil. Tea tree would be clean smelling. Better than shitrus!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »
Thanks Northstar I was wanting to make sure the yogurt-poop unicorn made it here.  For a while I was convinced it was not a real product but....it is.

He has a sequel product that's one of the pre-use bowl treatments too.

Eeks Jinxxy that dog-poop harness seems like an animal rights violation, and I'm sure it can't work as perfectly as they show all the time.  Imagine when it goes wrong.

I haven't had TV since 2009 so I thankfully have nothing to contribute to this thread...my brain is going blank and all I remember are learn-how-to-get-rich infomercials when nothing else was on.  Oh yeah and, the Magic Bullet and other gimmicky kitchen things that look impossible to clean after "convenient"ly doing something you can do just fine without them.

Don't forget, you NEED and THNEED.  You can put it in your soup....etc.

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »
How bout Kmart's "Ship your Pants" commercial?
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 07:06:04 PM »
Thanks Northstar I was wanting to make sure the yogurt-poop unicorn made it here.  For a while I was convinced it was not a real product but....it is.

I know it! I hadn't seen the ad before, and I just stumbled upon it the day I posted it. I was just looking for bizarre commercials on Youtube and saw that gem.

Did you see the other video, the one of the people crying on the phone? That's from back in the 80s, and to me it definitely fails under the WTF category. Actually if you look up old 900 number commercials on Youtube there's a lot of really weird ones. One that I actually remember from my childhood had the guy who played Grandpa Munster on the Munsters telling kids to call a 900 # to join his vampire club.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 07:10:52 AM »

I've actually seen this product for sale at Smith's Marketplace...

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »
The sad thing about the unicorn-poop thing is that it's the truth....we weren't made to sit down, and I've been aware of changing posture to help with that for a long time....just one more example of how we create our own problems.

It's not the best marketing though, in that while I remember the unicorn I can't remember the product name (please don't remind me).

Didn't see the 900 cry number, I'm not clear....you call them to cry or they cry when you call them?  There were all sorts of crazy 900#s of course but I mostly just remember sex talk and astrology readings and of course, tech support.  That's three strikes, 900#'s are Out.

Let's start a new one that says "I'm pretty!  Comb my hair."  Could maybe raise some pony money that way.

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 11:15:31 AM »
The squatty potty is great! But most stores have the 7 inch one and they have 3 sizes. 5,7 and 9 inches. We have the 7 inch one but my husband has come out of the restroom several times with numb feet! The 5 inch one may be better.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »
The squatty potty is great! But most stores have the 7 inch one and they have 3 sizes. 5,7 and 9 inches. We have the 7 inch one but my husband has come out of the restroom several times with numb feet! The 5 inch one may be better.

Haha! I feel like that is a man thing in general. If I stayed in the bathroom as long as my boyfreind my legs would go numb from the regular toilet seat XD
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »
I have to add anything being advertised by Kevin Trudeau or Peter Popoff is strange to me. Both men are well-known con men. Yet for some reason networks still air them and people still buy what they're selling. I saw Peter Popoff on Sunday in an infomercial for his "miracle spring water". He was using his supposed faith healing powers to get an allegedly wheelchair-bound man to rise from his chair and dance on stage and a woman gave a testimonial that he magically cured her breast cancer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal