collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strangest things you've seen advertised on TV?  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Strangest things you've seen advertised on TV?
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:13:46 PM »
What is something you see on TV and think "Why would anyone want to buy this?" One of mine is the Forever Lazy. Every time I see the commercial I want to laugh. No offense to those that have bought one.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest things you've seen advertised on TV?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »
The fat magnet. You would put this dandy device into your meal, move it around and the fat would stick to the magnet. By forces of magnetism. I don't know about what universe you live in or drugs you're on, but fat isn't magnetic. At least, not here. The whole claim is horse dung! And folks actually bought this! I didn't because I was too young to buy things online. But that just stuck with me. I get the appeal. We all don't want to eat that much fat. But any grade 3 kid who passed science would tell you fat wouldn't stick to a magnet.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
the GoGo pillow... i remember really wanting one when it first came out, but as time passes, i realize more and more how little i need an iPad case that is also a pillow ^^;
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »
There are so many. Soooo many. But that swivel exercise machine and the shake weights are the ones that make me laugh the hardest. They just look so ridiculous in use.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:45:47 PM »
I kind of think that most medications advertised on television are a bit ridiculous because the side effects are worse than what they supposedly fix!

(May cause bloating, diarrhea, headaches, nausea, sniffling, sneezing, acne, eczema, heart palpitations, depression, bed-wetting, mumps, measles, rubella, hemorrhaging, sore throat and dandruff...but it cures your bad breath!)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »
Some sort of spray you put in the loo before you do number two. It's suppose to capsule the odor and keep people from thinking you actually have human bodily functions and instead spread the smell of strawberries whenever you've gone. I don't remember the name but it was riddicoulusly bad.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 07:07:05 AM »
Some sort of spray you put in the loo before you do number two. It's suppose to capsule the odor and keep people from thinking you actually have human bodily functions and instead spread the smell of strawberries whenever you've gone. I don't remember the name but it was riddicoulusly bad.
My grandma got some of this stuff! It was called poo-pourii or something.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 01:01:41 PM »
it was a surgery about loosing a double chin and the side effects were really awful
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Lhianneth

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 07:24:47 PM »

I actually have considered getting it. Not because I'm embarrassed about my bodily functions (I honestly have no shame there; chronic illness tends to loosen up your inhibitions about bodily functions), but because it just seems polite to the next person to use the toilet. I have a chronic condition that means my trips to the loo can get pretty noxious, and it seems a bit more polite to not leave them sitting in my personal eau du poo-poo once I've gone.

Kind of how it's not really polite to fart in someone's face, I guess?

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »

I actually have considered getting it. Not because I'm embarrassed about my bodily functions (I honestly have no shame there; chronic illness tends to loosen up your inhibitions about bodily functions), but because it just seems polite to the next person to use the toilet. I have a chronic condition that means my trips to the loo can get pretty noxious, and it seems a bit more polite to not leave them sitting in my personal eau du poo-poo once I've gone.

Right, but I've noticed over time that these smells do not mix well with the bathroom odors and they actually make me feel sicker than I would be if they hadn't been sprayed.

Apple cinnamon sprays are ruined to me for this reason.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »
About half of everything I've seen advertised on the Hub/Discovery Family while watching streams of new MLP episodes.

The oddest was a birdhouse that had no back to it, so you could attach it to a window and look inside. Those of us in the chat called it "The NSA Birdhouse"

Then there were Pajanimals, I think they were called. They looked like the world's cheapest fursuits.

Then there are Flipzees (I think) which you turn inside out to turn from a plush baby doll to a girl doll, and they look like Strawberry Shortcake ripoffs.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »
What about that one device that would like, whip your hair around in a little plastic part and make it look messy?

Y'know, this thing!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Lhianneth

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »

Right, but I've noticed over time that these smells do not mix well with the bathroom odors and they actually make me feel sicker than I would be if they hadn't been sprayed.

Apple cinnamon sprays are ruined to me for this reason.  :lol:

Oh. My mistake. I thought this product had no odour and was designed to prevent odour entirely. I didn't realise it was fragranced, but.. the name should've probably tipped me off.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
I thought of another one. The Bowl Light. Do you really need a night light there?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal