collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Joe Rogan... can someone please explain?  (Read 797 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Joe Rogan... can someone please explain?
« on: May 08, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »
My ex seems to get real sustenance and interest from watching Joe Rogan shows.  I am an open minded person but I find a lot of his guests are white males and sometimes they are just downright delusional and weird yet Joe Rogan doesn't seem to challenge their views in any meaningful way.  The issue is not whether or not my ex and I have a difference of opinion over which guests are interesting, since that is almost certainly true.  But does anyone else find Joe Rogan not only unfunny but objectionable and at times misogynistic?  His Google search results are suspiciously clean.

Any input appreciated.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Rogan... can someone please explain?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »
What is a Joe Rogan?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 12:02:55 AM »
^ Joe Rogan is the host of Fear Factor, I believe, Loa.

I don't mind the guy personally but I don't go out of my way to watch him on TV.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 05:24:56 AM »
I haven't wtched this one yet, but should be fairly inoffensive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ5_hAEsLkU
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »
He does great commentary for the UFC fights and tends to ask just the right questions. I like his input there. I usually want him to be the one in the octagon after a match for the interview.

For me his podcast is very hit or miss but usually miss.
When he has guests I like I'll tune in, but often the guests and topics are nothing I'mean really into. His post game fight input casts can be good rhough. The way he chewed over the  details and techniques fighters use and his predictions and such are great.

I like his presence in the comedy world as well, but his standup is usually a miss for me as well. Its just not my typea comedy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »
So I guess people mainly like him for the sports commentary but he branches out.  Thank you, now I get it.  My ex was into martial arts so that's probably why he thought Joe Rogan is cool and bought into his podcasts as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal