collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will you go see the movie?  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
Re: Will you go see the movie?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2017, 05:32:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No. I'm sick and tired of Hasbro's crappy movies. At this rate they'd be better off hiring a team of baboons to make them.  It's like they don't get how bad or boring most of their movies are. That's kinda sad.

I wish I could talk smack as good as you, LaW.  They weren't really THAT bad were they? haha.

Heh. Sorry, I just realized what a crank I've been lately. ^^;

Most of the ones I've seen aren't that great.

I like the original MLP movie

I like the original TF movie. It made me cry as a  kid, it has an awesome ost, but as an adult, though I still like it, I've come to realize it has some serious cringe-worthy moments and introduced some very annoying characters.

Never saw original GI Joe

The first live action TF was okay

The second one was iffy

The third was awful

I've heard some very unkind things about the rest of them.

The first live action Joe movie has baffling character butchery but is entertaining in the action sequences and visuals.

The second was so boring I couldn't even pay attention.

Minty's Christmas special was so-so and had some mildly amusing dialogue, via Pinkie Pie and Thistle Whistle.

Not interested in Equestria Girls, so it may be good, I wouldn't know.

The less said about live action Jem, the better.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:37:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Oppa Lyra style
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2017, 07:14:35 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login :P

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »
No. I'm sick and tired of Hasbro's crappy movies. At this rate they'd be better off hiring a team of baboons to make them.  It's like they don't get how bad or boring most of their movies are. That's kinda sad.

I wish I could talk smack as good as you, LaW.  They weren't really THAT bad were they? haha.

Heh. Sorry, I just realized what a crank I've been lately. ^^;

Most of the ones I've seen aren't that great.

I like the original MLP movie

I like the original TF movie. It made me cry as a  kid, it has an awesome ost, but as an adult, though I still like it, I've come to realize it has some serious cringe-worthy moments and introduced some very annoying characters.

Never saw original GI Joe

The first live action TF was okay

The second one was iffy

The third was awful

I've heard some very unkind things about the rest of them.

The first live action Joe movie has baffling character butchery but is entertaining in the action sequences and visuals.

The second was so boring I couldn't even pay attention.

Minty's Christmas special was so-so and had some mildly amusing dialogue, via Pinkie Pie and Thistle Whistle.

Not interested in Equestria Girls, so it may be good, I wouldn't know.

The less said about live action Jem, the better.

Equestria Girls has some pretty catchy music (in my opinion, anyway) so it has that going for it I suppose.  :shrug:

Check out the animated shorts that are out now! Gives you a taste of what the movies are like without having to sit through 2 hours of it first.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 07:44:19 PM »
Of which specifically? :what:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2017, 01:15:18 PM »
Maybe Movie Magic,since it's the only one that isn't either badly written cliché garbage (dance magic) or that you need to have watched the movies for it to be interesting (Mirror Magic, since the part that isn't about sunset shimmer is boring).It's not as good as some of the movies though, and seeing how the movies are far from perfect it's saying something.

Online lostpony

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 08:10:15 PM »
Gee Pinkie21 with your avatar cat's expression I am always so surprised at what you have to say! <sarcasm> ha, ha.

I think there is definitely something to be said about the "bad guy" being understandable and not irredeemably evil and having to be put to death, I mean it's not just for kids but for those of us who need to grow up and be better to each other right?

Besides, some are put to death (Sombra) and imprisoned for life without parole (tired egg) and I think we're a bit obsessed with condemning people to being the bad guy forever, burdening society and fostering a culture of incarceration and all that current stuff....illustrating how the lesson of reform (repentance/forgiveness) is one us kids over 18 really need to be learning now because many of us missed it the first time around. 

Many of us didn't really grow up so much as grow old....talking about myself.  I think it's not just me and pony gives me another chance to learn the things I kinda skipped over incorrectly assuming i already knew.  So let bad guys become good guys, why not?  Everypony has something to contribute, especially those who have a debt to society.  Let them pay it.
:lovey:                                                                                            .
lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness photobucket
    *****BACKUP YOUR PHOTOBUCKET DATA NOW IF YOU STILL CAN You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
all my photobucket images: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »
Me and a couple friends managed to rent out a room/theater to ourselves in Pigeon Forge TN. I'll give it a shot, not going in with high expectations though.
Wanted: mlparena.com/index.php?topic=364415

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »
Thing is, some of the characters are pretty decent when they're reformed.  Starlight Glimmer and Trixie, for instance (not so much Starlight by herself though LOL).  And Discord.  I think Discord is an excellent example of when they do "reformed" right.  He's got friends, but he's still a bit of a troll.  When they reform villains on this show, they tend to become ridiculously nice.  Such as Sunset Shimmer.  She was an awesome villain, but a real Mary Sue now.  Starlight's not as bad as Sunset, but she's still got this "perfect little pony who is vewwy sowwy" vibe about her.  But her friendship with Trixie, who is still a bit of a jerk, makes her okay by me. 
Whatever happens with Tempest, I guess I can accept it as long as she turns into a Discord and not a Sunset Shimmer, if anything does happen with her.
Still, I think the idea of reforming villains is asinine, and forgiveness shouldn't be so easily accepted as a concept.  It can be a highly dangerous thing, to be perfectly honest.  But I think that's just realistic-ole' me.  Anyway...Actually, I'm more digging the whole idea of Capper.  I don't know much about that character, but he seems like he might be in that "not sugar sweet" category, regardless of his position as either good or bad.  Also, wondering how much of "Little Mermaid" they're stealing in order to make the whole "Queen Novo/ Princess Skystar" dynamic.
"I wanna beee where the ponies aaaare..."

Online lostpony

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »
I have only seen the very seedy "honest trailer" version of little mermaid focused on the more messed up aspects of the story, good guys only really by definition.

I'm more of a failed reformed character myself so really relate to Starlights struggle to replace her self-righteousness, and her uncertainty.

Discord has only really seemed to address his own behavior problems in the most recent episode and almost eliminated himself for trying which is interesting for sure.

Its kinda fresh to hear Sunset being at the bottom of your reform character list Pinkie21 because a lot of fans like her the best of the reformed characters.

I like how there is such a wide variety of different sorts of reformed characters so we can take our pick.

I think my favorite really is Porcina the Glass Princess shes so ghastly powerful and really so fun both as bad and as good.  In g4 Starlight and diamond tiara are my faves.
:lovey:                                                                                            .
lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness photobucket
    *****BACKUP YOUR PHOTOBUCKET DATA NOW IF YOU STILL CAN You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »
I'm sorry Pinkie21, i just can't agree about sunset.I don't think she was an awesome villain at all, i hate her in the first eg movie because she's a goddamn walking cliché.She is just any bad guy from a teen movie: nothing makes her interesting, just "i'm popular and i'm evil".Her reformation
 was too quick (seriously she accepted in what, 15 seconds?) but i absolutely love how she is portrayed with Rainbow Rocks onwards, growing as a good guy but still having her doubts about herself and her past.

Online lostpony

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2017, 01:46:45 AM »
Jorgito,

edit: Sunset Shimmer (sorry bout that Sunset!)
Sunset wanted power as Celestia's protégé who wasn't willing to develop according to plan and ran off on her own to find a place to be powerful, then came back to steal Twily's crown in that end.

She was completely consumed and terrified in her transformation and once vanquished was left smashed physically and completely lost.  I think losing oneself inside a demonic possession would have a drastic influence on one's feelings of self-reliance and powerfulness, and she saw how she had done nothing to earn anyone's respect or friendship and yet the one who had ended that and rescued her for no perceptible reason (Twilight) simply held out her hand in friendship and forgiveness.

That would have a dramatic psychological impact on me.  Yes her change was sudden but consider the circumstances and see if maybe you change your mind.  And like Starlight, her "instant" transformation wasn't simply in the rearview mirror but an ongoing struggle to understand and perform, which is what you are observing about the sequels...culminating in the full circle of atonement as she returns the favor to the earth Twilight.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:52:44 AM by lostpony »
lost in the pleasure of                             

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Like, neigh!
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2017, 03:25:41 AM »
At this point, I want to give this movie a chance, cheesy or not, reformed villain issue or not. I haven't seen a MLP movie in the theaters in eons and I want to go to see what all the fuss is about.
Custom MLP Commissions are CLOSED!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2017, 04:03:12 AM »

Sunset wanted power

Sometimes these discussions make me feel like I don't know myself!  Lol.  Seriously, I did a double take there for a second before I realized what was being discussed.