collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fidget Spinners?  (Read 12212 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fidget Spinners?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »
Thanks everyone. I got one today and found out that some stores are already putting them behind the registers and you have to specifically ask for them in order to buy them.  I'm already having fun spinning it.

Here's a pic of mine.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fidget Spinner by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

Reminds me of skateboard ball bearings...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »
I think it does have ball bearings in it. I saw kids grabbing some Fidget Spinners at the store today. I also saw a fidget cube. It was smaller than I expected.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »
Yes the kids store where I've been pony shopping lately has both the cube and the spinner for $5 each, but they sell out quick.  They're both huge fads right now.

I'm thinking of trying them both out....

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »
Oh yes, it has hit our house too.  The oldest girl (12) has one and now the middle child (10) wants one too.  lol

lostpony

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 07:20:07 PM »
One spinner per household.  They'll have to fight it out.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 08:01:20 PM »
We sell them at work , honestly I don't see what the big fuss about them is.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 09:32:39 AM »
I think every decade has that one toy that is totally obnoxious that the schools have to ban and it causes all sorts of trouble.  I suppose this is a right of all young people growing up.  I remember the items from my childhood that got banned from school.

Oh yeah, totally.  In the 80s a lot of schools banned jelly bracelets, plus there was a bunch of hysteria about how they were really "sex bracelets" and the different colors represented different sex acts.  Which is completely ridiculous, lol.

I remember slap bracelets being banned too.  I can understand that a little more than jelly bracelets, because they make noise.

That's super interesting about Snuggies originally being aimed at people in wheelchairs.  Makes sense now that I think about it!

I got the cube and it quite helps me stop destroying my fingernails. I do that out of stress or boredom most of the time. My classmates are going crazy about it and want to borrow it the whole time. xD

Ohhh, now that does make me want to get one.  I am always unconsciously destroying my fingernails.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:37:58 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 10:29:54 AM »
Haha sex-act-coding bracelets...adults are so ready to believe such things about kids.  Seems a pretty creepy/fun fantasy!  In my high school it was beer T shirts....all the kids had Corona t-shirts and if caught wearing one, they had to turn them inside out for the day.  I had a joke T-shirt with a fake beer called "stego lite, prehistoric brew" that had a stegosaurus on the label and that got me in trouble.  i argued it's not a beer T shirt because it's not a beer, but....there's no winning against the administration's fantasy.  There was a lot more talk about beer because of that policy than there ever was from the T shirts themselves.

I just saw a new kind of spinner yesterday that has lights! yay.  Now they'll really be getting confiscated.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »
I have a small slinky on my desk.  I work at home, so if my kid did not run off with a spinner, one of the cats would.  I really want a tangle Jr fidget.  In fact, off to Amazon I go!! 
:socks:   :frog:

Lhianneth

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »
Haha sex-act-coding bracelets...adults are so ready to believe such things about kids.  Seems a pretty creepy/fun fantasy!  In my high school it was beer T shirts....all the kids had Corona t-shirts and if caught wearing one, they had to turn them inside out for the day.  I had a joke T-shirt with a fake beer called "stego lite, prehistoric brew" that had a stegosaurus on the label and that got me in trouble.  i argued it's not a beer T shirt because it's not a beer, but....there's no winning against the administration's fantasy.  There was a lot more talk about beer because of that policy than there ever was from the T shirts themselves.

I just saw a new kind of spinner yesterday that has lights! yay.  Now they'll really be getting confiscated.

I was looking for anime merch on Taobao recently, and found a slew. Not just with lights, but with various fandom-themed motifs. Naruto-themed Shuriken fidget spinners. Dynasty Warriors themed fidget spinners with spear heads instead of the usual weights. Hello Kitty themed fidget spinners with apples.

It's wild and kind of hilarious. They're all ridiculously cheap, but I staved off temptation to try them, because it would probably just end up in the junk drawer. I'll stick to my Rubix cube and playing with my rings.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »
I saw a kind literally take his fidget spinner apart in minutes.  Later he complained because it was broken.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2017, 01:44:41 AM »
I heard today they come with hook shapes instead of round, and immediately imagined the shuriken one, and voila! it's been done.  Sweeet.

I'll buy the first one I see that has ponies on it.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 01:46:46 AM »
I think every decade has that one toy that is totally obnoxious that the schools have to ban and it causes all sorts of trouble.  I suppose this is a right of all young people growing up.  I remember the items from my childhood that got banned from school.

Oh yeah, totally.  In the 80s a lot of schools banned jelly bracelets, plus there was a bunch of hysteria about how they were really "sex bracelets" and the different colors represented different sex acts.  Which is completely ridiculous, lol.

We had jelly bracelets in the 2000s too, and the same old fuss about the sex association. The other thing I remember is Scoubidoos (I think that's what they were called)....gosh, they got confiscated a lot!

I'm an inveterate fidgeter and fiddler, but I don't need to buy special toys for it. Anything that happens to be on my desk is fair game: jewellery, pens, memory sticks, small ponies....

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »
True on the fidget with anything.  Along with my 4 pack of tangles I also have one of those oil and water dropper things.  But I got that to distract Luna when he is on my desk and being a stinker.  Not gonna play with it myself at all.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Lhianneth

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:04 PM »
I heard today they come with hook shapes instead of round, and immediately imagined the shuriken one, and voila! it's been done.  Sweeet.

I'll buy the first one I see that has ponies on it.

It almost certainly exists. One of the shops had fanart from series on theirs (which I do not condone, btw, but which means you can probably request custom artwork from several of those shops).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal