collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Creepy encounters?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy encounters?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 04:33:23 PM »
Once, I woke up to a loud rustling in my room and jolted up in a panic, only to hear a meow. It was just my cat. Here's the thing, though: that cat would always visit me every night before I went to bed, before leaving to go do his cat stuff. This night was so different I saw him go out of the room. The door was shut firmly and there was no other entry point he could've come back in through. So how was he in there with me while I slept?

This happened to me a few times too! And I was freaked out until I realized what was happening. The cat scratched at my door to be let in the room, and the sound woke me up just enough that I got up and let him in and then closed the door and got back in bed and resumed sleeping normally. You don't fully wake up, just enough to do a certain task, and afterward in the morning you often don't even remember doing it. Kinda like sleepwalking but not fully.

Not saying that was what happened with you for sure, but it could be an explanation. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 05:27:02 PM »
Wow! I'd considered that maybe I'd only dreamed that he'd left the room -- or conversely I dreamed that he was there at night -- but I never considered sleepwalking as an explanation. I've apparently spoken while half-awake before, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Or maybe cats just have supernatural powers that they manage to keep hidden from us humans most of the time. :P
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 04:07:57 PM »
I was at the Santa Monica pier years ago, the sun had just started setting and for a brief moment I saw a big dog and the next moment it was gone.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 04:24:25 PM »
My dad is retired Air Force and at one point he was stationed in Cheyenne (I think I was in 7th grade at the time-mid 90s-ish).  The houses at FE Warren AFB in Cheyenne were built pre-Civil War and the attics were actually the slave quarters.  When we lived there, my room was up in the attic and there was one room up there that just creeped me out. We used it as a storage room but I had to pass it to get to my room so I would run past it.  I wouldn't go inside for anything, it just completely weirded me out. 

They used to do "Ghost Tours", which is where they'd get a busload of people and drive around telling which ghosts were in which house (I would assume they still do it but I don't know for sure) and my mom thought that was interesting so she decided to take the tour.  They stopped in front of our house and said that our house had the ghost of a little girl who died of scarlet fever.  Before my mom did the ghost tour, she had noticed that if she played the piano in our parlor with the parlor door open, she could feel someone watching her even when she was home alone so after that tour she figured it was just the little girl.

Another time I was hanging out with the General's daughter and we went upstairs in her house and in the doorway to one of the rooms in her attic there was something.  I think it may have been a woman but we were both kind of freaked out and ran downstairs. 

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 08:28:11 PM »
Or maybe cats just have supernatural powers that they manage to keep hidden from us humans most of the time. :P

It's my opinion that small animals can teleport. It's the only explanation for how my dog can appear out of nowhere when food is present.

PS. I don't have a story to share, but I have loved reading this thread, spooky unexplained stuff is so cool (when non-threatening).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:37:36 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »

It's my opinion that small animals can teleport. It's the only explanation for how my dog can appear out of nowhere when food is present.

PS. I don't have a story to share, but I have loved reading this thread, spooky unexplained stuff is so cool (when non-threatening).

I think some humans learn how to teleport when there is good food to be had to. It explains how people you didn't necessarily invite show up to parties and decimate the snacks you just set out. :P
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »

Having talked to some people since then, we're not convinced it was a ghost. One friend has decided it was a dimensional slip, and that we briefly overlapped with another "universe" which is otherwise identical to our own in most ways. She said in an amused tone that she'd love to hear what that kids' parents had to say about the strangers on the porch next door.[/spoiler]

I've had some other unusual experiences, but most of them could be explained away one way or another.

Hmm, I'm not so sure.  I had a VERY similar experience.

My cousin and I were at my grandparent's ranch up in Tehachipi.  My grandparents used to own the main houses and grounds that made up the "Old West Ranch" (Old Town) up there.  We were like 11/12.  The main house is old (there was addition built later, but the original main part of the house was built in the 1880s).  It was a cattle ranch.  The place has ALWAYS felt REALLY spooky.   

My cousin and I were playing cards when we heard my dad out in the kitchen trying to gather all the kids to go pick rocks out of the field. It was hot that day and picking rocks did NOT sound like fun to me- so I talked my cousin in to running into the back/old part of the house- there are a series of three adjoined bedrooms leading from a greatroom) and we hid behind a bed in one of the rooms. 

About 2 minutes later I felt guilty about being such a lazy brat, so I told my cousin we should rejoin the others. We exited through the back of the house, the door that opened onto the old porch.  The light seemed really bright- and I'm not sure anymore, but I think the trees looked kinda different.  A lady was dressed in a long old fashioned looking dress- complete with parasol, was walking along under the line of apple trees. She didn't look up at us.  I asked my cousin "who is that?"  He said "maybe grandma's sister."

The thing is, my grandma's sister was expected to drop by that day, and we had never met her before. But my GRANDMA was a super weird lady, so it make some kind of sense to us that her sister would dress up in old fashioned clothes.

I swear to you she was dressed JUST LIKE THIS
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But... she did NOT look nice- and I was a really shy kid. So we backed through the door and shut and locked it.  We then ran all the way back through the house to the kitchen where I think my mom and aunt and grandma were making lunch. We announced "Grandma's sister is here!!!"  Everyone rushed outside to greet her.

But there was nobody there. We looked in the parking lot over by the barn, and there were no new cars. By this time, I was more than a little freaked out.  I told the adults the lady was dressed in SUPER old fashioned looking clothes- with a hat and parasol- and concluded she must have been a ghost.

Of course that's ALL the adults needed to hear to conclude that I was full of poohhickey.  They decided we had tried to trick them, and ha ha, good one.

I was so furious about not being believed insisting repeatedly what we had seen.  My mom (probably to shut me up) tried to come up with alternate explanations-  maybe one of the weird neighbors playing dress up. 

But no.  The neighbors were weird yes, but the closest lived a mile or two away, and this is NOT the kind of area where people just wonder onto another person's land unannounced.

I know what I saw.  WAY later my mom admitted that she DID believe me but that the story had creeped her out and she "didn't want to scare us."  Adults are such cowards.

My cousin NOW totally denies that he "saw" anything.
 He had for years corroborated what I had seen, but now if you ask him, he would say I was a very convincing kid and he's not so sure I hadn't planted the idea/image in his head.

The lengths people go to to explain away the unexplainable.

I'd almost believe I hallucinated the entire thing too - but now that I'm an attorney, I actually believe my child self a little more now!  It is unlikely I just "hallucinated" something so random (and so unexciting honestly).  And the clothing did look like it would have fit in the late 1800s or early 1900s.  Also, the fact that after seeing the woman I ran immediately to the adults to tell them that grandma's sister had arrived and was dressed old fashioned-like, makes it more credible.  My memory a few seconds after the event was better than it is now after all.

I also saw two other things that I think were "ghosts" at the ranch. But they were more vague- and one could have been a trick of the light.   Also, the wall of text is getting long ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal