collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Talking/Sounds Pony: What would YOU choose to hear?  (Read 2418 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Talking/Sounds Pony: What would YOU choose to hear?
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:04:06 PM »
The other day...
I was having a conversation and talking ponies came up, specifically Big Talkin' Celestia. This brought up the subject of ponies with sounds, talking, etc. G1 had just 2...Talkalot & Chatterbox, and they weren't the greatest?

Brush my hair!
One will yell.

G3 did well with the plastic heads plush babies (except the spooky one)
They had appropriate interactive sounds/sayings.

Then, like I think it's Nightmare Moon says
"My star barrettes are really great!"
Or something OOC like that. I think the fans could come up with something better.

So...what would YOU choose to have a talking pony say?
I know a lot of cool ideas are to be had, if the following questions are answered. Make up ideal things that you would love to hear from your ponies! Make up more than 1 pony too if you have lots of ideas.

1. Which pony should talk? (Name a character)
2. What should pony say? (Sayings OR sounds, OR both OR...?)
3. HOW should the talking be triggered? (A button like Celestia, a 'trigger area' like G3 baby bottle/mouth, when an accessory is applied...etc)

G1 Tex!
When you put his hat on: Now we're ready for adventure, partner!
Shake/hop him on the floor: Running sounds

Twilight Sparkle:
Symbol Button: Plays MLP Theme Song
Put on crown: "I love to read! What books have you read lately?"
Hop on floor: "Let's go meet my friends for an adventure!"
Put on necklace: "I'm so glad you're my friend"

G3 Skywishes
Button: I wish...I wish! / It's a beautiful day for flying kites / fresh air & clear skies, let's enjoy the outdoors
Comb hair: I can't wait to meet my friends, the Pegasus ponies again!
Hop on floor: I love practicing to be the best dancer in Ponyville
(All these fit her character from the show)

G1 Firefly
Button: Plays G1 theme song
Shake/fly: Soaring to adventure! / I'm so glad you're my friend!
Hop on ground: Let's visit Paradise Estate / We're racing toward adventure in Dream Valley! / Being with you is so much fun
Comb hair: Thank you! / I feel wonderful

There's probably more to add, but these were what I thought up right away. What would you want to hear?

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Talking/Sounds Pony: What would YOU choose to hear?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »
I'd like to see a talking g1 Milky Way. When you put a little telescope next to her eye, she will blink and give a random fact about space."Did you know the closest star to ponyland is the sun?/ Did you know that earth is the only planet with intelligent life?/  did you know Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system? Interesting!/ did you know that all the gas planets have rings?"
I'm a space/science nerd. I feel this would be quite the entertaining toy, in addition to encouraging young girls to study astronomy and space related fields. We need more female rocket scientists!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 06:31:23 PM »
I'd like to see a talking g1 Milky Way. When you put a little telescope next to her eye, she will blink and give a random fact about space."Did you know the closest star to ponyland is the sun?/ Did you know that earth is the only planet with intelligent life?/  did you know Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system? Interesting!/ did you know that all the gas planets have rings?"

i love this! i'm also an astronomy nerd, and i think a talking Night Glider would be a good friend for your talking Milky Way.
i remember being frustrated when i bought my talking Celestia... "My wings are sooo pretty!"  -_-
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
Nothing! I've never been a fan of talking toys.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 01:02:05 AM »
Nothing! I've never been a fan of talking toys.

Same here.

Although I would find it amusing if a pony said "Put me down!" when picked up.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 01:53:44 AM »
I'd have G1 Star Hopper play that cheesy little tune from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". 
 :biggrin:
-

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 03:52:39 AM »
The sweet sound of silence ;) I hate toys that talk/make noise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
I would love the idea of "hidden" buttons. Like the G1 sweet talkin' ponies. I have always found symbols with buttons to look kinda cheap.

My Sweet Talker speaks in German. I think I prefer it in a language I can't understand. Haha.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 10:22:08 AM »

Haha, that would crack me up! :mrgreen:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:16 PM »

Haha, that would crack me up! :mrgreen:

G4 Fluttershy would be the perfect candidate for something like that.  :lol:

If I remember correctly, they did a little better with the talking Queen Chrysalis toy and made her sound more in character than say Cadence or Celestia.

'Brush my hair, my dear minion' and 'Your love makes me grow even stronger!' (or something like that) are two of her lines that I can remember off the top of my head.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »
Ah so many negative nellys in Ponyland sometimes. If you have nothing nice to say...

I love the sound gimmick but i've never liked sounds that cycle through a small set, like 4, on the same button. I want a "comb my hayer" button that doesn't waste my time with three other phrases, though i AM pretty.

I have a fisher price dragon that knows when it's picked up and makes an awful sound.  If we did have a pony that says "put me down" when picked up, let's be honest: we'd pick it up constantly just to make it say that. How about a pony that can feel when thevhair is being combed too hard and it screams followed by whining about now its hair is frizzy not pretty and no one will want it now.

For talkers, Star Lily is the best. She has some words but also many sounds of affirmation or delight, some sparkly sounds too and even some bored sounds. Oh yeah also some munching sounds cuz she includes feed-me play and when she's really deep asleep opening her mouth is the only thing that will wake her up. Shes a product of modern integration and cheap memory. Chatterbox from the 80's has a fixed, highly compressed sound in a tiny amount of memory that is written into the chip permanently when it's manufactured (not even write-once) so there is a large investment to make one that must be recouped by selling many, many of the exact same thing.

I think the new talking twilight is basically a reprogrammed star lily with a new skin over the same electronic and robotic core so i'm of course looking forward to buying one of those.

Did i already mention, "im pretty!" Oh yeah and, are you a princess too? I agree the Queen has the best lines, also NMM and both are funny to be talking about their hair and not overthrowing Celestia.

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 07:46:11 AM »

Did i already mention, "im pretty!" Oh yeah and, are you a princess too? I agree the Queen has the best lines, also NMM and both are funny to be talking about their hair and not overthrowing Celestia.

Well... if you're going to overthrow the monarchy you might as well look fabulous while doing it. ;)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »

Well... if you're going to overthrow the monarchy you might as well look fabulous while doing it. ;)

Especially if the only reason you want the throne is because it so perfectly matches your favorite barrettes.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »

Especially if the only reason you want the throne is because it so perfectly matches your favorite barrettes.

Hey. Perhaps ponies are more easily overthrown and controlled by expert accessories that go with the throne.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
This topic reminds me of the Pinkie Pie doll I picked up at a carboot sale which gave me the fright of my life when I got home and opened my bag and she went "Hiii!"

...I don't really like talking ponies, but I do think some of them could have amusing talk-back dialogue to overenthusiastic play. For example, a Brush and Grow saying "Stop pulling my tail!" or a Dance and Prance pony, "I'm pooped!" "You dance!" etc.

My Fluttershy would probably say things in Japanese now. Probably things she heard on repeat on Japanese buses, like "the doors are closing", "thankyou for riding with us" and "we're turning right so take care."

I think there's a gender stereotype issue with cutesy lines about weddings, hair. being pretty etc in girl's toys so I would really like to have one that gets grumpy or sinister and threatens to eat someone.

I probably need my Twilight Sparkle to say "stop procrastinating and finish your work!"
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal