collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seeking Quick Help With Ebay Purchase  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Seeking Quick Help With Ebay Purchase
« on: April 30, 2017, 02:51:51 PM »
Earlier today I bought a pony on ebay Germany. I wired the money to the bank account registered with the seller's ebay account and marked the item as paid.

Later today I received a message from the seller asking me to wire the money to a different bank account.

What should I do? :blink: I really, really want the pony for my swap partner in the Girly Swap, so I am trying to find an amicable solution here. ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:55:13 PM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
Re: Seeking Quick Help With Ebay Purchase
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »
Have you contacted the seller letting them know that you already transferred the money to the registered bank account on file? If so, have they sent any response?

I am not familiar with bank transfer as a method of payment on eBay since it isn't common in the US, but I know it is common on ebay.de. I would be hesitant to wire the money to a different bank account though. I am unfamiliar with the protections on ebay.de but would you still be covered if you did send the money to a different bank account than the registered one? Perhaps someone more familiar with those rules would be more help on that point. If you do decide that you will send it to the alternate bank account make sure they send you a refund for the payment you've already sent before sending any more money.

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 03:55:22 AM »
Have you contacted the seller letting them know that you already transferred the money to the registered bank account on file? If so, have they sent any response?

No response so far.

I am unfamiliar with the protections on ebay.de but would you still be covered if you did send the money to a different bank account than the registered one? Perhaps someone more familiar with those rules would be more help on that point.

I wasn't able to find any information on bank transfers others than ebay's accepted payments policy. I cannot call ebay's customer service today, because it's a national holiday.

To be honest, I'm a little scared right now. The bank account registered with ebay lists the name of a male person with one surname, the bank account sent to me via message list the name of a female person with an entirely different surname. I hope I haven't walked into a divorce drama or something. *headdesk*

Wishlist

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »
I wouldn't do anything more until you speak with ebay. But I would say, if you paid to the registered account, then you have done your part. It sounds like an attempt at a scam to me.

Didn't something like this happen to someone here? Only the user on the Arena was the seller. They had the 'buyer' contact them wanting the item shipped to a different address, which the seller did, and then the buyer said it never arrived. Since the seller had shipped to an unregistered address they were outta luck.

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
I wouldn't do anything more until you speak with ebay. But I would say, if you paid to the registered account, then you have done your part. It sounds like an attempt at a scam to me.

I spoke to ebay today. They asked me to wait for a couple of days and to open a case if I won't have received the item/heard from the seller by the 7th.

I really hope things will turn out well in the end. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed both for myself and for my swap partner.

Wishlist

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
Update:

I received a message from the seller on the 4th. They were letting me know that the pony was on the way and should arrive on the following day. When I hadn't received the pony by the 6th, I asked the seller for a tracking number. They replied on the same day with a tracking number. However, when I entered the tracking number, the website told me, it didn't exist. I messaged the seller again, but haven't received a reply, yet.

I will wait until Monday. Either I will have received a valid tracking number by then or I will ask ebay to intervene. Last year, I fell prey to a MLP seller who was scamming people on a grand scale. They, too, were sending out fictitious tracking numbers to buyers, but none of them ever received their items (in fact, the items were relisted under a different account a few weeks after ebay had closed the original account of the seller, proving that they never shipped any of the items). That's why I'm a bit suspicious/worried now.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:07:10 PM by Libelle »

Wishlist

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 05:24:50 AM »
Another update:

The seller is now claiming that there had been a delivery attempt on the 5th. I was home sick on the 5th, and nobody rang the doorbell. Moreover, no notice about a failed delivery attempt was left in my mailbox or anywhere else in/around the house.

The seller has ignored my request for a valid tracking number thrice (!), so I cannot confirm what they are saying.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:28:17 AM by Libelle »

Wishlist

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 05:39:03 AM »
Wow, definitely sounds like a scam. Have you contacted eBay yet? And when you do, have the messages they've sent you and the tracking number ready because they will want that information. Hopefully they will be able to help you!

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 06:32:21 AM »
Final update:

I contacted ebay and they send an email to the seller. Things went more smoothly from there. I'm just glad, I've finally received the pony. It looks stunning and worth every bit of headache I've had about it. ;)

Wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 02:42:10 AM »
So glad this had a happy ending.

With the tracking numbers, I have had cases where someone sent something to me and it had a valid tracking number but the local postal service just didn't bother to update it on the system, so it arrived with the tracking number quoted but the system still said it didn;t exist. That might be what happened in your case, although it is suspicious that the pony arrived right after ebay got involved.

Either way, I'm glad the pony arrived, and you didn't get scammed.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal