collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OdoBan Success on Plush Toy!  (Read 669 times)

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
OdoBan Success on Plush Toy!
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:33:17 PM »
i bought a gigantic stuffed furby in january; however, the seller failed to disclose the fact that "Big Furbie" had some serious midlew odor.  :X

i tried everything. removed his stuffing, tried at least three enzyme deodorizers, left him in a bag of newspaper and baking soda for months, laid him out in the sun; nothing worked! i was seriously concerned i was going to have to throw him out :-(

a few days ago, furby was left outside during a storm, so i decided i'd try soaking him again. my mother suggested i try odoban.

i left him in a bucket of about two gallons of water and a cup of odoban for a day. the smell was gone! :dropjaw:

i soaked him in an additional fresh bucket for another day, just to be sure, then rinsed him and put him in the washing machine with a bit of sports detergent.

he's out drying in the sun right now, and i thoroughly inspected him: no smell! :-D now all i have to do is restuff him and sew him back up!

i thought i would share my experience in case anyone else has this problem! i did not notice any fading or damage to his faux fur or body. i also did not notice any damage to his plastic face and eyes, even on the paint.

i'm not ready to try it on any ponies yet, but i might someday if i come across a really ratty one i can use to experiment on. :-P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: OdoBan Success on Plush Toy!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »
I'm happy to hear you could save the big furry guy! (and yay! another Furby lover! ^^ ETA: and frog&toad lover! *hugs vira*)
I remember those giant Furbies, they are super cool, cute and cuddly! Back when they were available in stores I always thought they'd look so cool with my Furbs collection, but they are just too big, and we are always battling with the lack of room. If I had to choose to use that space for just one giant plush or for several regular ones I'd always choose the latter. Maybe someday when we have a bigger flat :rolleyes:

Do you have a picture of him? I'd love to see! :lovey:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:11:46 PM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »
im so glad youre a fellow furby lover! i always wanted them growing up, but i've only recently got this guy and a valentine one. :-)

here is the listing that made me fall in love with him! just everything, the misspelled "Furbie", his vacantly hopeful expression! i wanted to be sure he would be loved, and i figured the best way was to buy him myself  :blush:

then here he is right now! admittedly, the whole scene looks a bit ghoulish, but he'll be back to tip top shape before long!  ^^;

i'll post pictures when i get around to re-stuffing him!

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 05:52:28 PM »
update: here he is!!

full belly! i stuffed and hand sewed him!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 05:55:34 PM »
That's awesome that you were able to remove the smell.  I had a large red Furby like yours and funny thing is it had the same terrible mildew smell.

I think he was donated or tossed because of it. 

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »
I do wonder how many of these were made, and are there different ones.

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:16 AM »
I do wonder how many of these were made, and are there different ones.

i have seen a few other kinds of them, namely a pink flamingo one and a ladybug one!

ive been wondering if they were carnival prizes, since they have loops on top of their heads that you can hang them from.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal