collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flaws you can't stand  (Read 8070 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
Re: Flaws you can't stand
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 08:04:34 AM »
The worst for me though  is cat pee.  When a pony arrives covered in cat pee nothing helps it.  Argh

LOL, this has happened to you often?

There really isn't anything that I can't forgive.  Head body mismatch bothers me the most, but I can ignore it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 08:48:57 AM »
Considering many of my ponies come from flea markets and such, I've gotten used to flawed ponies joining my herd. What I can't stand are stubborn marks and stains. I've got a couple white G3s with stains that won't come off even after weeks in the sun.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 05:04:49 PM »
Hmm.. most of the really big flaws, really. I like my ponies to be as mint as possible :) Stickiness is one thing I just can't abide, I can't *stand* the feel of sticky things, I hate it!! >_< Head/body mismatch is another one. Tail rust, mold, major hair-cuts.. I prefer non-faded hair but I don't mind it sometimes. Particularly if it's a G3 with just a small streak of fading pink in her hair, like Cotton Candy or Wysteria - both of mine are faded and I don't really mind that.

Heh, I'm kind of picky, I guess ^^; But I'm not really into upgrading; if I buy something, I buy it for keeps, unless it doesn't 'click' with me or whatever. If it's not the perfect one for me then I just move on :)

Also I don't like restored ponies. I consider reroot or repaint to be a 'flaw' as they are alterations on the original. So I avoid restored ponies like the plague - if you gave me a choice between a reroot and a pony with a hair trim I would take the cut, probably, even though I don''t like cut hair.

Ah, it's nice to see someone else that feels like this!! Especially reroots, they're nice but they're just not my thing - I'd rather my ponies be as original as possible, in general. :) Nice to see it's not just me, haha.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »
Cancer.
I am SO picky with cancer! I'd rather have ANY flaw on a pony than that.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 08:11:10 AM »
Mine are probably highlighter body marks from hair, rubbed off symbols/eyes, and pony cancer, since I can't really fix any of it. Maybe the symbols and such if I sent it to be worked on by someone else, but not on my own.

Another peeve would be frizzy hair, but that's not always an irreversible flaw.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 08:34:04 AM »
It really depends on the pony and price. I won't turn down any pony if I think the price is right. Whether or not it stays with me is another question.

I have some ponies with flaws I normally can't stand but somehow bonded with the pony before buying so it doesn't bother me.  These are normally things like symbol rubs or hair issues. For example my Little Flitter has a symbol rub, but we bonded at the yard sale. I have a Dazzleglow missing hallf - three quarters of her hair length, but she was love at first sight so I just cleaned up her haircut and styled it. My Salty has a forelock cut, but it's actually a pretty endearing one so it doesn't bother me at all. It's generally a toss up on how picky I'll be and I may not even know until I have the pony in hand.

Head/body mismatch is probably my biggest one though. Pony cancer is a close second. Oh! Regrind. I really have a thing about color consistency.

NightDriver1988

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 08:47:51 AM »
Body and head mismatch and bad hair cuts.

All others I can live with. A few marks here and there tells a story for the pony, which I kinda like :)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 09:03:58 AM »
Bad hair cuts (most of my G1 have no mane), tail sticking out (had to remove them from four ponies)

Rust (caked up inside of Mummy Apple Delight, cleaned her up and she's going to be Cupcake)

Pony cancer

Yellowing on white ponies (majesty was the worst)

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 10:05:08 AM »
head - body color mismatch is a big one for me.. though maybe it depends on the pony.

btw - Bait Reference Guide in my sig ;)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 07:41:49 PM »
I have some ponies with flaws I normally can't stand but somehow bonded with the pony before buying so it doesn't bother me.
Yeah -- I'm fairly picky and aim for nearly perfect ponies. But I know what you mean by the bonding thing. Sometimes, even if the pony has a significant flaw, I'll grow to like her in spite of it (or maybe because of it). It's mysterious sometimes. I came to have two Baby Applejacks, for example, and was going to sell the one with an eye rub (one of my pet peeves). But the one with the eye rub looked so much cuter overall to me -- her hair just looked right and she was adorable despite the eye. So I sold the nicer one. As I type the flawed and very cute Baby Applejack's on display nearby with her mom ^.^

The usual flaws bother me, with the notable exception of age spots and related marks. Maybe I should care more about those, since they could affect more of the pony later on, but if they're not in a hugely distracting area I can live with them. All the same I aim for blemish-free ponies. When I can afford it.

I'm a restorer and general rescuer of dilapidated ponies, so there is no flaw too great for me. And yes, I have bought ponies who were missing manes, tails, symbols, limbs, ears and, on one occasion, a head (carved a new one for her out of wood).
That's awesome! I remember finding a pony's head (!) at a thrift store (Squeezer's) and selling her on in a bait lot; glad there are collectors who can give ponies like that another chance!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:45:03 PM by Haruna »

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 09:56:08 PM »
Probably the most random flaw I'll avoid is faded pink hair, I don't know why, it really irks me for some reason and I know that in the world of flaws it's a pretty silly one.

Heck no! I am a big fan of unfaded pink hair and have gone through a lot of ponies to get certain ones to the pink level I have them at, lol! So yeah... Pinky hair for the win! :D

I get most of my ponies through lots nowadays, so often don't get to choose who comes my way and what condition they are in, but so far as what does irk me and IS a big no no in my collection... well, hair is a BIG one. Hair cuts are a serious no no, and ponies I don't already have and that are in such a predicament are place fillers until a superior model comes along, lol! I don't go near re-hairs nowadays, either.

Chews are an obvious no, but I also hate eye rubs. I find that a very distracting flaw!

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 11:36:39 PM »
I don't like flaws as I'm a pretty picky collector. Any kind of damage and marks to the body is probably the worst! (but I love the satisfaction when I manage to save a bad looking pony)
Frizzy hair can often be fixed and cut hair can be replaced so that's the only flaws that doesn't bother me much.

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2017, 05:18:41 AM »
I don't want to be picky, but I'm afraid that I am. :lookround:

Head/body mismatch is definitely the worst, along with frizz and restorations. I don't mind (small) haircuts as much as it can look nice if a pony has shorter hair (my Swirly Whirly is missing a chunk from her mane, but it actually looks sweet!), but buzzcuts are a big NOPE. Stains and such are nasty too, but as long as you can hide it I don't really mind.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2017, 05:37:37 PM »
Well I don't like pony cancer/age spots, ink marks are so so for me I do have some ponies with pen marks but it doesn't bother me as much. I can't restore missing limbs so that is a no on my list. As for mold it is fixable in some respects but I normally wouldn't want that on a pony. Also regrind/plastic discoloration its mainly the one I can't stand.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »
I don't really mind marks or stains on bodies. For some reason, I can't stand frizzy hair. I will tolerate a blotchy, agespot-filled pony, as long as it has nice hair!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal