collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need help!!  (Read 484 times)

artful_fox_customs

• Trade Count: (0)
I need help!!
« on: April 28, 2017, 12:37:42 PM »
I'm trying to get the hair out of g3s and I'm having a really hard time since it's different from a g4. Help please?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: I need help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »
The basic construct is the same - hair poked through holes in a pony head and glue on the inside. But some G3s have a looottt of glue. Is that the problem you're having? Boiling the head helps a bit, and then you might have to kind od squish the head around to help break up the hardened glue.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 02:03:53 PM »
Seconded. Just be careful not to get the pony's head against the metal pot when the water is boiling. You might want to wear gloves while pulling the hair out, too - nothing like red marks on your hands from holding a pony tight in one hand and pulling hard with the tool in the other. >_< Escpecially since pain is not our friend. :yikes:

As we have said often of the G3 line, "what kind of glue are they using, and why aren't they sharing??" :silly:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Xenotropos

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • the blindbag addiction is real
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 09:09:30 AM »
As we have said often of the G3 line, "what kind of glue are they using, and why aren't they sharing??" :silly:

Seriously though, I was recently in a thread conversation about paint - the kind they used on the toys at the factory level.  It turns out the reason we can't use it is that it's horrifically toxic when wet.  Once dry it's fine, but when wet it's a carcinogen nightmare.  We literally can't get it in North America (or at least, not if you're a crafter/artist and not a giant corporation factory).

Probably this superior glue is the same.  Before curing it's probably poisonous as all get out, so we mere mortals can't get access to it.  Once dry it's safe.

All the same, I'd wash your hands and equipment really well after handling it.  It's probably nothing to worry about, but ... I worry about everything (*goes back to workroom and soaks in acetone for 3 hours getting paint off a blindbag rubber horse*). :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal