collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sound Clips from G2 Ponies  (Read 843 times)

PurdyPony

• Trade Count: (0)
Sound Clips from G2 Ponies
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:30:01 AM »
So I have a question . . .

Like it or not (fan or not), I do my own quirky youtube show about My Little Ponies.

So I try to do tutorials on ponies that have sound clips, which I record from my own collection. I want to preserve the sound clips of these toys so people can enjoy them and listen to them down the road when the batteries run out in the packaging . . or run out period.

I am wanting to know if anyone has sounds clips, or know where I could get sound clips, of the G2 Musical ponies such as Muse, Jazzy, Rocky, and Melody . .

Since they were not released in the US . . I have only in the past few years recently acquired them and of course they are no longer working.

I would really like to hear what they sounded like . .  Any help would be apprecaited!

lostpony

Re: Sound Clips from G2 Ponies
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:24:51 PM »
You didn't include a link to your youtube and the one on the left isn't working for me.

G2s have sound? I wanna hear!

I'm pretty!  Comb my hair.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
I think it will be very hard to find some that are still working..
All mine don't unfortunately.. 
Maybe we should also film the light up ponies before the batteries are completely run out haha
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PurdyPony

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 03:15:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/brandimermaid

Here is my site . . but it's more for adult collectors so . . fair warning . .lol

Also . . Yes I am trying to do pony's with lights as well. I already dd the G4 SDCC DJ Pon-3.

I was wanting to see if anyone collected the sounds of those G2 ponies through as I have the entire collection . . but none of the sounds play anymore.

lostpony

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »
Subscribed!  Ponies and a tutu...even a witch hat.  I'll be scrutinizing all your videos soon!

Are the batteries not supposed to be replaceable on the G2s?  If I can get my hands on some, I can get them to work by hook or by crook...does anyone have a list of the names so I know who to buy??

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 01:19:06 AM »
The batteries are irreplaceable, they mention that on every card.. (I have seen it on my mocs).
But the names of the musical ponies are: Jazzy, Rocky, Muse & Melody.

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 01:49:26 PM »
I recorded them when maintained a G2 site! Sound clips aren't great as they were done in the early 2000's on an ancient microphone,  but here you go!

Musical Ponies:
http://www.angelfire.com/80s/ponymarket/guide/royal/muspon.wav

Romantic Ponies
www.angelfire.com/80s/ponymarket/guide/royal/ROMANTIC.WAV

LMK if they won't open and I need to email. I'd give you my Youtube name, but I think the word is banned here! You'll have to click the link. :)

*edit* apparently you have to copy and paste the links into a new browser.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:48:11 PM by MoonShadow »

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 04:12:42 PM »
Purdy pony-You're adorable! I love that first video of all the ponies you got as kids (and opening a Blueberry Baskets!!)
Subscribed!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

PurdyPony

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 07:43:54 PM »
I recorded them when maintained a G2 site! Sound clips aren't great as they were done in the early 2000's on an ancient microphone,  but here you go!

Musical Ponies:
http://www.angelfire.com/80s/ponymarket/guide/royal/muspon.wav

Romantic Ponies
www.angelfire.com/80s/ponymarket/guide/royal/ROMANTIC.WAV

LMK if they won't open and I need to email. I'd give you my Youtube name, but I think the word is banned here! You'll have to click the link. :)

*edit* apparently you have to copy and paste the links into a new browser.

I got it I think!!!!! Do you know which pony the sound clip went to? It was just one sound clip . . . .I sent you my email address . .  could you send it to me though email as well?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:46:41 PM by PurdyPony »

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:02:46 AM »

I got it I think!!!!! Do you know which pony the sound clip went to? It was just one sound clip . . . .I sent you my email address . .  could you send it to me though email as well?

Emailed the clips! 

The "I love you clip" was spoken by Princess Golden Dream and Princess Flora.  These came in the Prince/Princess 'Romantic Ponies' two-packs.  The prince had a magnet in his nose that would activate the sound when he kissed the princess's heart emblem on her cheek.

The tune definitely goes with 'Musical Ponies' Melody and Muse.   It looks like I had a different file associated with Rocky and Jazzy but it is defunct.  I'll need to dig further.  Anyway, these ponies had a magnet in their brush that activated the sound.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal