TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Help with eBay cancel

(1/1)

banditpony:
Sorry for shortness and typos I'm on my phone.

I had a new ebay buyer make an offer for an item and I accepted. They eventually decided they couldn't buy the item. I am fine with this. Sort of.

How can I tell them how to cancel the transaction so I can get my fees back?? A quick Google search says for buyers to cancel is only within an hour

They are also from another county and I have a language barrier. So if anyone could help me out with simple directions that would be really great!

Or do I need to cancel it and get dinged for fees? That doesn't quite seem fair.

Can I open a non paid case and let it go through? Or is that not fair to the seller...

Ugh, I've never had someone back out before

Libelle:

--- Quote from: banditpony on April 25, 2017, 04:00:34 AM ---They are also from another county and I have a language barrier. So if anyone could help me out with simple directions that would be really great!

--- End quote ---

Which country? Maybe somebody could help translate (for example, I'm from Germany and would be happy to help with any German translations). :)

banditpony:
Thanks Libelle. They are from Austria

I should be able to find a .At version of an ebay page if I know a .Com page. But ... The only one I found didn't seem to help me.

They said they understood that if they could cancel so I get back my fees but couldn't find how to do so. :/

Libelle:
Ah, so they will probably be speaking German as well. I'm happy to translate any messages to them for you.

I'm not sure what the best way is to cancel the transaction and ensure the fees are returned to you. We definitely need some help from other members here! ;)

Once you know how you would like to proceed, I'm happy to refer you to the relevant help page on ebay Austria. (Here is a help page explaining how to cancel a transaction: http://pages.ebay.at/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html. The way it is explained, the seller has to cancel the transaction and the buyer has to agree. Apparently, you would get your fees back if the buyer agreed. However, I don't know whether this kind of procedure is in any other way detrimental to the seller. Some input from other members as to whether this is the best course would be great!)

banditpony:
Sweet.i guess with the buyer agreeing to the cancellation, it just gives me the fees automatically... All is good now.

I always thought sellers were penalized for canceling.

Thanks again Libelle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version