collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where is everyone buying their G1's from these days?  (Read 2690 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Where is everyone buying their G1's from these days?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 05:10:16 PM »
Usually I buy through ebay,esty sometimes local. I dont get very many chances to go thrifting. I hope sometime during the summer.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2017, 05:26:57 PM »
Mainly eBay, the Arena, and Facebook. I don't really visit flea markets or thrift shops anymore.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »
The Arena, the TP, Etsy and eBay. I bought one pony through fb and that went fine, but it's not my preferred way. I also check Value Village when I get the chance.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2017, 07:16:53 PM »
I haven't been buying at all lately.
Doesn't help that I'm all down to the rarest of the rare, super expansive on my wish list.
I'm getting to that point, too ^^; Those ponies come up most often on Ebay, so that's usually where I'll buy them; sometimes I find them in Arena sales postings here, too. Also sometimes I buy groups of ponies that need cleaning up to bring down the cost; a lone pony might cost $10ish, but a pony in a group with crazy hair and a bad photo tends to go for $5ish when you do the math. There are risks and rewards to that approach (hidden tail rust has been the latest bump in the road), but it's how I've built a lot of my collection so far without breaking the bank.

Offline WaterRaven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »
I have only ever found two G1s at the thrift store. I have had the best luck price-wise with the Arena and Kijiji/craigslist. People on kijiji/craigslist don't sell them for as much as ebay sellers.

My friend puts on a local toy show and I attend every month--I just bought Bow Tie, with one  pony cancer spot, for $15 :/ Not my best decision, but I figured by the time I paid for shipping here in Canada-- that's about what I'd be paying if I bought her online--and she was right there! It felt almost painful paying that, especially since I was selling my ponies for much cheaper prices. I was actually cleaned-out my last show because I was selling my ponies at such good prices.

With limited finances and space, I'm only collecting specific ponies online these days. I might check out the local thrift store here soon though, I'm feeling the itch!

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2017, 01:45:20 AM »
Thrift Shop, Secondhand Market, mostly MLP forum (like here) and somethimes ebay.
It's harder and harder to find what I want, I regret no to have buy more in the past :cry:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2017, 05:48:27 AM »
I get mine off of eBay.uk when the price is good, but trying to get some on the auction line is so frustrating because people keep bidding on them and the go up to like £22 for a pony.  I get  :cry: ed when I can't win that specific pony I want, and I say I hope the person who won that pony burns in hell. (Been watching to many Game of Thrones episodes)

Hopefully if the weather is good I might go to a car boot sale.

Or wait till I go on holiday and see if any car boot sales there have them.

U.K charity shops are out of the question because all that they have are either fakes or G2 ponies.

Or I buy from here (forum) if the person is from the U.K

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

NightDriver1988

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2017, 08:49:15 AM »
I have sies eBay a lot, but international shipping is expensive, even worse when the seller uses eBay's global shipping system. After I discovered the arena I think I will stick to buying ponies here. I also keep an eye out on Facebook groups :)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »
Mainly eBay, the Arena, and Facebook. I don't really visit flea markets or thrift shops anymore.

this!

I do miss the golden years of the arena when sales threads were a plenty and there was a lot to look through- seems like the forum gets quieter every year :(
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal