collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paradise Estate weight  (Read 372 times)

Emlun

• Trade Count: (0)
Paradise Estate weight
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »
Hi everyone,

would someone be so kind as to weigh the Paradise Estate for me, please? I'd like to buy one here in Europe and I would like an estimate on the shipping based on the weight of the set. Or is there any thread about it? I tried searching arena but haven't found anything useful.
Thanks for all the help!  :lovey:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Paradise Estate weight
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
I can't help with the weight, but I did want to add that the size of the box will also have an effect on the postage. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »
Hi everyone,

would someone be so kind as to weigh the Paradise Estate for me, please? I'd like to buy one here in Europe and I would like an estimate on the shipping based on the weight of the set. Or is there any thread about it? I tried searching arena but haven't found anything useful.
Thanks for all the help!  :lovey:

You also might need to consider which country in Europe, as different ones have different rates and options for shipping even within the EU. If you already have a potential sale/seller in mind, then you've probably already done that bit, but just in case you were looking generally, that;s something to consider.

From a UK perspective (we still count as EU at present >.>) the price of regular mail skyrockets when it goes over a certain size, too, like LM said. It might also be worth looking into continental courier services as they may offer better value than a national mail carrier would.

I also don't know what weight it is, but since our parcel service at least focuses more on size before weight (ie, it will put the price up to a higher weight band if the box size is over a certain level) that's something to consider too.

Maybe someone with the PE box can measure it for you?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Emlun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:49:05 PM »
Thank you both for the answers. Luckily for me the seller is based in Belgium, so it would be traveling only through land countries, not across the sea from UK :)
I was curious about the weight since the postage is based on it. I havent found anything about maximum sizes of the parcel, though I know that somewhere it can play a huge role. But this doesn't seem to be the case. If it fits under 10 kg with everything, I will be fine. If not, the shipping would cost almooost the same as PE  :sad:

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
I've received one, without packing material a year ago and it was just within the 10 kg's. With packing material it really is more.... (and you really need to pack it correctly, mine had arrived broken, the seller misjudged the weight and shipped it like this to fit it within the shipping costs :( ).

If you do it correctly you should think of approx. 15 kg's, but possible split in 2 packages. The single package is normally too big to ship internationally. I've shipped one from Europe to Australia in 2 packages and it went well :). Shipping costs are a bit high though.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal