collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Secret Suprise Saddles HTF?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Emberly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are Secret Suprise Saddles HTF?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »
I've been meaning to get the rearing pose stand so I can recast that but I lose every auction with one I bid on somehow.  Maybe I'll pick up a saddle pony and borrow it's saddle.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 11:23:20 AM »
There's a lot of nice customs with decorated felt etc used for the saddle.

If someone's going to produce a functional replica make sure to copy the key too, those thing seem to run like $30 by themselves and are always missing when the saddle is gone.

Also what about installation? The hinge piece is usually still in the pony so be sure it's installable before making functional replicas.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 12:04:47 PM »
I love papercraft and I'm thinking papercraft replacement saddles would be easy! and cheap!
One downside though is I wouldn't want the ink on the paper (or dye in the paper) to leach into the pony when it came in contact.   Does anyone know if that could be prevented if I used some sort of spray on sealant?

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »
I've been meaning to get the rearing pose stand so I can recast that but I lose every auction with one I bid on somehow.  Maybe I'll pick up a saddle pony and borrow it's saddle.
I actually made a mold of a stand - haven't had the time to make any! I thought they'd be fun with gears embedded in them. Glitter is always an option too, of course. Hopefully this summer I'll have time. :)
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 03:29:07 PM »
I have yet to see them in the wild saddle or no, I have my childhood one, but her saddle is long gone.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »
I actually made a mold of a stand - haven't had the time to make any! I thought they'd be fun with gears embedded in them. Glitter is always an option too, of course. Hopefully this summer I'll have time. :)

I want some when.you make them. I was planning on making several stands from acrylic discs with a bit of rod of whatever diameter set into them.

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 09:24:42 PM »

I want some when.you make them. I was planning on making several stands from acrylic discs with a bit of rod of whatever diameter set into them.

I would also be interested if you ever make stands. Or if anyone has come up with good homemade versions that work well enough. I have a couple Truly's that need to stand.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »

I would also be interested if you ever make stands. Or if anyone has come up with good homemade versions that work well enough. I have a couple Truly's that need to stand.
Okay. I'll see what I can do this summer. :)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »

My husband made me a few wooden stands- they're fancy, but they only have one peg in them. They do the job, though, and he was really proud to be able to make me a pony thing!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 01:47:55 PM »

My husband made me a few wooden stands- they're fancy, but they only have one peg in them. They do the job, though, and he was really proud to be able to make me a pony thing!

Those sound neat, Aurora! :D Do you ahve them on display so we can see them during the meet? ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal