collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share a favorite childhood memory of opening/unboxing a pony :)  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Share a favorite childhood memory of opening/unboxing a pony :)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 09:46:05 PM »
Wonderful stories!!! I think I remember most of mine very vividly too. Let me think of a favorite.

I remember how I was in a toy store with my Oma, and she let me pick out a pony, maybe the occasion was my birthday, I don't know. I chose Masquerade, and I remember how we walked to the bus station to take the bus back home, me holding the already opened pony in my hands. I even remember which way we walked.

When I was maybe 8, I had my tonsils taken out, it was one of the worst experiences ever. My mom stayed with me in the hospital all the time, but some afternoon she went out. When she came back I got Sticky and Sniffles. I remember sitting on the bed, taking them out and admiring all those tiny accessories the twins came with.

I remember opening the buggy and the parlour, I got them on the same birthday.

Does anyone remember opening a flutter pony? And the sadness and disappointment when the wings broke so easily.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 10:47:42 PM »
I remembering opening a Windy Wing- It was Flurry. I remember being awed by her. She was my favorite pony for about two years. Eventually her wings got shredded and her hair became terribly frizzy so I cut it all off because I was a child @_@ If I still had her I would have restored her because I loved that little bab so much.

My mom refused to let me get the flutter ponies after a friend of mine got one and the wings broke.

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 02:26:35 AM »
I have no real memories of actually opening my ponies - I was saying this to my mum just yesterday! I had them from the age of 3 and someone must have bought them for me but I never remember opening them.

I do remember however, having lots of parties with all the partywear, plates and tablecloths. My dad even made me a fabulous Little Pony Birthday cake with Buttons (or Bow Tie) drawn on the top! I'll see if I can find the photos!  ^.^

And one of my earliest memories of playing with a pony was in my bathroom with Twirler. I would dunk her in a sink of water then spin her tail getting myself and my sister completely soaked. I'd do the same with DJ... then leave them in the airing cupboard for hours while they dried!  :lol:

Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 02:29:44 AM »
These stories are the best! I don't remember opening many of my ponies, but I do remember getting some as presents.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
I received Dreanm Castle for Christmas one year. ^.^ Spent the entire morning with my older brother putting it together. :satisfied:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
The first pony I remember opening was my G3 Scooter Sprite. I had gotten a couple other ponies beforehand,  but I was too little to remember them. But I vividly remember my parents' friend getting me Scooter Sprite for my fifth birthday, and I tried to hard to pull back the scooter and make it move on the carpet, haha. It worked best on tile. I still have her to this day.

Offline Starfrey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 02:11:57 PM »
My best memory was Christmas when I was 6. Like all kids, I was up ridiculously early, 5am or so, and went to wake my parents up. They groggily told me that I could open one present if I would go back to my room for another hour at least. So I picked the biggest one I could see. It was the ice cream parlour with Scoops! They put it together for me quickly and sent me back to my room. I didn't bother them for another two hours. :)
:cold:

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 05:14:13 PM »
I actually don't remember receiving most of my ponies, only playing with them at my granny's, but there is one instance I remember:

It was near my birthday, and a family friend of ours took me to a shop while babysitting me (she watched me and my brothers after school every day until our Mom got home). And. At the time, I thought she was being mean, because she walked me down the toy aisle and asked me which toys were my favourites. I pointed out a Tropical Sea Breeze pony that was on the peg boards, and she teased me a bit about the pony being all wrong before we left. I felt really sad, because she made it sound like the pony was bad somehow, and that I was a bad kid for wanting it. Fast forward a week or so to my birthday, and I met her after school with my brothers like usual, but her daughter handed me a present and they all sang Happy Birthday and what not.

When I unwrapped it, it was the pony I'd pointed out to her. I distinctly remember sitting there and bawling my eyes out, and when she asked me why I was crying, I said something like I thought she didn't like me anymore, because she teased me about the pony, and that she thought I was greedy or spoiled. She gave me a hug and laughed and told me she had to find a way to trick me like that, because I was smart enough to know she was scoping out potential birthday presents otherwise.

It hadn't actually occurred to me at all, because I was so focused on the idea that she might not like me anymore. ^^;

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
I dont remember ever opening a pony - even though I had plenty back in the 1980's.
All I remember is picking up a plush parasol from TRU when I was like 6 or so.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 07:35:17 AM »
I love all these stories, they're so sweet ^_^ Don't really have any to share myself but I love reading these! :)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 08:07:13 AM »
Hmmm I don't recall much un-boxing. I remember receiving ponies (my first one was actually pre-unboxed). I was actually reminiscing the other day about buying Fancy Pants Baby Dots and Hearts. I was in the basement of Woolsworth (when it was still in the US) in the toy aisle. My mother said she would buy me one and put it in the "surprise" closet (for when we were good or needed a distraction lol). She said i could only get one and I remember agonizing over the choices... I wanted them all but I choose baby dots and hearts because she was a REAL Pegasus. Before that point I used to just pretend that my ponies could fly without wings. :D My mother says to this day she wishes she got me them all if she had known the obsession that would be ponies. XD
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal