collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Hello" said the awkward robot  (Read 716 times)

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
"Hello" said the awkward robot
« on: April 19, 2017, 06:49:32 PM »
Hi, everyone. I'm Cswift and I'm a 20-something-year-old currently living in Southern CA but wanting to move elsewhere -- hopefully with my girlfriend -- soon! I've avoided online communities like the plague for a while now because I've had some fairly bad past experiences, but I figure that this fandom might not be a bad place to start getting involved again.

I've considered myself a "doll collector" basically since high school. My interest was initially in Pullips, but these days I mainly collect Blythe, goth toys, and various other odds and ends...which includes MLP now, apparently.

When it comes to My Little Pony specifically, I'm the very definition of a noob collector. I somehow completely avoided G1 and G2 as a child, was "too old" for G3, and didn't really care for the G4 toys (though the cartoon kept my interest for about one season.) I came across the toys again while researching a completely different vintage toy, Furby. I noticed a lot of Furby collectors also kept G1 ponies for some reason, realized that the toys were actually rather cute and charismatic, and well...my very first pony, Cherry Treats, arrived yesterday. Ha.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Apologies for the terrible picture.

As you might guess, I'm mostly into G1. I love their chubbiness, sweet equine faces and doe eyes, lol. G2 is growing on me a little and I do like G3 customs, though!

I don't think I need a massive herd, but I definitely have some favorites that I want to add to my collection.

Thanks to anyone who sat through that massive, rambling wall of text. I hope to have a nice time here!
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline roye387

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "Hello" said the awkward robot
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:54:17 PM »
Hello! And welcome to the Arena :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:58:32 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

I'm very glad you've been bitten by the pony bug.  Cherry Treats is a wonderful first pony to start off the collection - and I'm sure in no time that number will really grow too!!!  You always think there's a few you want... but then others appear and somehow 5 turns into 50 :silly:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 03:30:21 AM »
Hi and welcome!

I'm happy to see another fellow doll collector join us!

Congrats on Cherry Treats, she's a stunner! And I agree with Spinky, you may think you'll only want a small herd, but just you wait..  ;)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 06:40:21 AM »
Hi and welcome! I think you'll like it here, the community is so helpful and kind. :) Love your Cherry Treats! G1's are my favorite too!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 07:05:11 AM »
Welcome to the herd, my friend!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Cswift

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
Thank you to everyone for all the love I've gotten in this thread. c: A lot of you are saying that my collection will likely grow a lot...and to be honest, you're probably right. I forced myself to write a list and be selective-ish to keep myself at least a little in check, but if there's anything I've learned as a doll collector, it's that sometimes all it takes is the right photo to get you hooked on a toy you never even thought about before, LOL
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 03:41:31 PM »
What a wonderful first pony!

Be sure to checkout our dollhouse forum which is there just for people like you. Lots of us are doll collectors including Pullips which i try to stay away from because if i get hpoked on those, it will ruin my pony budget! Yes collecting toys is a slippery slope so, clear some display space and fasten your seatbelt.
:
To grow your pony collection be sure to checkout the For Sale forum, we'd love to see pics of your ponies in the Pony Brag forum (and theres somewhere in the dollhouse for sharing your doll pics if you like) and Furby and other toys go in the Toy Box.  I just got my first Furby but then i killed him so, until i fix him or find another,..sigh. i'm into Star Lily who doesnt seem to learn which is just as with me for a teacher.

Check out the Customs forum too see customs, and if you buy or make any we always love to see pictures of em there.

I too withdrew from the internet for 15 years and am so happy i'm here where a lot of effort by good people goes into making sure its a safe fun space for us to hang out.

So glad you've joined us!  Hope you have a great time here.

I forgot to mention, love that dog-girl with pigtails in your signature!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:46:12 PM by lostpony »

Offline Cswift

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:05 PM »
Thank you, Lostpony. I certainly will check out the dollhouse forum. c: Funny enough, I too am attempting to cut down on collecting "large" dolls like Pullip and Blythe due to dwindling space, and ponies at least might be a way to curb that desire.

I would definitely like to use the For Sale forum in the future...just a bit nervous about if people would want to work with me since I don't have much of a "reputation" in the pony world. Still, I have to start somewhere, right?

I'm sorry to hear about your Furby. :c What happened to him? It might be possible to fix him, depending.

I will definitely be checking out customs as well! I already have a lot of ideas I would want to try myself, but until I can live somewhere where nobody would be bothered by my work, it'll have to wait. Maybe I can commission someone...

Once again, thank you so much for the warm welcome. c: I'm enjoying my stay here already!

Edit: Oh, and the dog in my sig is a Pinkie Cooper doll! They were sold by The Bridge Direct for a short amount of time before being discontinued due to unpopularity. You can still get one on eBay for prices that won't break the bank, if you're interested. They're also pretty small for fashion dolls, so they don't take up too much space...!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:35:44 PM by Cswift »

lostpony

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 06:11:48 PM »
I knocked him off the counter and he don't move no more. Or do anything else. Im working on getting him open n found the
tiewrap holding his skin to the bottom, which i lifted up exposing some tiny screws but i havent gone any further. Whatevers broken i can probably fix but no time now.

I usually dont l like dog replica stuff but she's totlly cute. Pullips are big? I thought they were small.

Well thanks for talking to me. See you around!

Oh yeah plenty of members here will sell to beginners and you get much better deals than on ebay. That you dont have any ponies yet means you can get really great deals on common ones that most people already have and you can get an even better value buying a bunch at once. I just got some of my biggest pony shipments ever and its amazing!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:16:08 PM by lostpony »

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
Hello and welcome! Wow, what a stunning first Pony! I'm sure you will enjoy it here. :) There are many G1 collectors (me included, although I haven't bought any for a couple of years and focused on G4 instead).

NightDriver1988

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 12:15:41 PM »
Welcome and congrats on your very first pony! May you find many more here :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal