collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Summer  (Read 22392 times)

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Re: Healthy Pony Summer
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2017, 09:32:31 PM »
Saturday 3/5
I was going to have a really low, barely above a mile day where I sat in one spot and cleaned until that couple of arms length radius was more than half complete kind of day until after I put the wee one down to sleep and a storm romped through. I'd prepped the garden earlier that day for heavy rain but nothing I could've done would've helped out with this... Almost a half mile of back and forth in about 30 minutes setting up battery LED push lights instead of candles so we can move from bedroom to kitchen or bathroom without needing one of the strategically placed flashlights or our phone lights when a transformer or three died on our side of town. Also grabbed the battery packs we got to better play Pokemon Go in case they couldn't get power up by morning.

Sunday 3/5
Not quite a mile walked but a lot of cleaning accomplished.  ^.^  Cleaned up a little outside after church and a lot more inside, trying to get that one spot complete. Youngest is fighting helping me to clean up her toys. ("Sunday is my day to not have to listen to anyone!  :pout:") Made it really easy to snack on fresh fruit with new "berry baskets" populating the fridge.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2017, 07:20:20 AM »
So my contest has ended, and I will finish up my swap this week. That means, I am going to focus. Reading from start to finish of all posts and get my butt together. It's time to focus on me and this group:) let's go my pony peeps. We can do this!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2017, 08:39:20 AM »
Saturday. 2/5. It was very low key. The husband and I went grocery shopping as usual, but this time I did all the driving. He's having a problem with his vision or his old glasses. Up close, he can see fine. But he has a sort of double vision the further along he looks. I don't want him driving like that. Guess it's time for new glasses.

Sunday. 3/5. Again, low key. I didn't get to walk to church for aforementioned need to drive. However, my older son wanted to get a Pokemon card from the game store after church. I combined his want of the card with my need to walk, and we both walked downtown to get it. In the middle of the afternoon, to boot. Good sunlight right there. ^_^ It wasn't 4 miles, just three, but it was still good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »
Low key days are just as great as 5 point days. Ticker is back and forth so I just gotta relax for now. My husband and I just got a work out machine...right in front of our tv. Says 15min a day and you will see results...well I am going to document to see if that is right:) walking/slow movements help the ticker...sometimes.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
5/29 4/5

I walked extra steps at the mall, was careful about how much I ate at lunch and the scale says I've lost another 2 pounds.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »
Sorry for the large wall of text

5/21 +5
reached my step goal.  I did lunch prep for the week and worked out with my trainer.

5/22  +5
stayed home to cut the grass and do other house stuff.  Doubled my step count.

5/23 +2
almost reached my step goal

5/24 +5
step goal reached ate really healthy

5/25
step goal reached ate really healthy

5/26 +5
crazy workout with my trainer and doubled my step goal.  I did allot of work outside collecting/bundling stick and worked on my garden.  My herbs grew back this year better than they did when I planted them last year.  The only issue now is that the bed is infested with weeds.

5/27 +5
went for a 8+ mile bike ride (my butt is not used to riding this year).  Doubled my step count.

5/28 +4
I met with my trainer and had a great workout but I didn't eat great.

5/29 +5
I went for a much shorter bike ride today and worked outside for a while.  I did reach my step goal but I'm hoping to double it by the end of the day.

I joined a fit bit contest at work.  It's helping me hit my step goal and pushing me to do more.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2017, 02:51:03 PM »
Way to go ponyfan! That is awesome news.

A note to all. Can you give me a total of points of each day to June 1. (I know we are not there yet). I have been writing down points, but I think some are missing than others. I want to match the points up. I would like to send each of you a small card/item to all of you who joined. This is a joy for me:) I do want to give my top scores some extra goodie like a job well done:)

I took the time today to go over all 13 page as of posts. I collected scores, but I also took some notes. Really want to see how far you have come, read the past:)

ponyfan you have some low numbers. I think you are being hard on yourself with your scores. I would write down what is a 1 point, 2 point, and so forth. This might help you see how wonderful you are doing. From the winter healthy pony to now, you are making amazing progress. You have to be doing well to have the weight loss. This is meant to be positive, and know that you are making amazing progress, and a great cheerleader to this group.

kakenterprise how are you doing? Falling can be so rough on the body. I hope you are mending well. You do have some great ideas and inspiration. That challenge at work was just what you needed to get your fire going! We might need to find you another challenge.

sourDoughStomper you are doing great. You really have some great days, and a few sprinkles of off days. That is an awesome track to be on. I can say keep it going. You might be ready to bump up your goals.

I have more, but I am being interrupted, so I will be back. Husband wants to ply a game:)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:34:36 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2017, 03:10:32 PM »
Thanks Crowning_Glory13. I probably am being a little too hard on myself on points.  Maybe the problem is taking points away instead of adding them up. I will try adding points up instead and see if that works better.

Ponyfan

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
I got a little bit more time:)

archidraca You are doing great. Your number are in the middle, but I see very few 5. What makes a 5 for you? Write it down, and maybe that will give you a way to get more fives. You don't need to be hard on yourself. Find a way to really put a fire towards your goals!

banditpony I love your inputs. I don't see numbers, so I am not sure if you are in the healthy pony game, or the wonderful cheerleader who is making great progress. I feel I am reading a super model work out, when I read your posts...whew.

heathersmoo high roller! Your numbers barely drop below a 3! Great job! Do you thinks it's time to make your goals harder? Don't stress yourself and keep what you got going, but maybe a 5 point day could be a little harder to reach:) love the knitting.

pokeyonekenobie you had a great start, and it's starting to go middle ground. How can we inspire you to those 5.? Take the time to reward yourself for the high numbers. Even cheering for yourself is a great thing.

rainbowrificrenia you are starting out great. It's all over the board, but that's how we learn what works and what does not. Look at your 4 and 5 and take the time to see how easy it is to get there. Bring back the focus.

I meant for these posts to be positive, and my own personal opinion. I am only one person, and only know what you post. I even had to reread it:) but I am so proud of everyone so far. It's 1 month, and there is 2 more to go! We can do this.

As for myself I need some work, but I also need to ease up on myself. So I am adjusting things for myself.
1. I want to post on here for my recording. I want to focus on this project better than I have:)
2. I need to be playing piano, singing, and doing more to build my studio.
3. Knitting is going well, but just keep knitting. I hope to be able to sell at a farmers market in the fall.
4. Workout. We got a new tread mill, so I need to do 10-15min a day.

Simple and basic. All 4 items is a 5 day. This is easier than my first list. Maybe I can get some fives, and make it harder as time goes on. It is almost June, so let's keep working hard!

Post Merge: May 29, 2017, 04:10:45 PM

Just an update I did 10 on the treadmill and went on a walk with hubby...woo. won't get to piano today, but I have contest prizes to ship out:)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:10:45 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2017, 05:33:33 AM »
I guess I'm more or a cheerleader. I can't rate my days because I would get obsessive and non healthy about it.

I've been super stressed lately. Some not great stuff is brewing behind the scenes :'(
I feel like I've dropped the ball but we still have 2 months left! So I'm eager to try to pick up the pace! I might try whole 30 for the month of June. Has anyone done that before? Tips?

Or anyone have some favorite go to healthy meals?

I love reading everyone's accomplishments ^_^

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »
I've been busy, still stressing over this job because I haven't heard anything back yet (yesterday was a holiday so I'm not too surprised, but I don't expect to hear a peep this week either). I'm assuming I didn't get it and they're just working with the person they want to hire before sending out the rejection emails, calls, etc. Yay anxiety making me such a negative person! I came into work today and everyone asked me how things were going, but I honestly just want to go back home and sleep. I also know there's the possibility that this place won't ever get back to me (it's happened to me with other places) so I should honestly just move on and keep applying to other places like I've been doing, put this job out of my mind and quit obsessing over it.

So yeah, this past weekend wasn't that great. I give myself a 3/5 for yesterday because it wasn't too bad of a day, but definitely a 1/5 for Sunday and a 2/5 for Saturday.

On the plus side, I woke up this morning and exercised even though I really didn't want to and I'm already at 6k+ steps, so halfway to my daily step goal! I plan on walking later if it doesn't rain.

@banditpony: I've been considering doing the Whole 30 program, but I feel like I'd fail after a week in. I have friends who have done it and enjoyed it, others who have done it and didn't enjoy it, but it seems to be an overall effective program.
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »
Aw, Renia, I'm crossing my fingers for ya.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline heathersmoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Send the Goddess of Smoo your unwanted keychains!
    • View Profile
    • SEND ME A KEYCHAIN!
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »
Summaries:

5/26
walked 4.5 miles
ate 1500kcal
drank 1.5L water
no knitting

My rat passed today so I can't give it anything but a 0/5

5/27
walked less than a mile
ate 1500kcal
drank 0.5L water
knit 8 individual mittens
1/5

5/28
walked less than a mile
ate 2500kcal
drank 0.5L water
knit 3 mittens
2/5

5/29
walked less than a mile
ate 3000kcal
drank 0.5L
knit a pair of xl mittens
3/5

If it isn't too late, I was thinking of posting some pictures of my trip, which really made me happy prior to my rat's passing and some keychains I got while I was away as I collect them and am basically completely obsessed.  I need to read several posts to catch up with all of you :)

Post Merge: May 30, 2017, 09:46:40 AM

I just read your critique, CG and I'm glad you did that!  It is funny that I apparently am the positive person because I am way more of a pessimist in my own eyes.  I told my roommate about healthy pony and he's been looking at my posts before I hit submit and usually he is like "hey, you met your goals, why is that day only a 2?" and we talk about it.  I'm not sure if that is fair but I know that looking at the glass half empty is my natural state so I thought getting another opinion to balance was a good idea.

I guess my numbers that I assign my days have less to do with the goals being met (which I am the type of insanely self disciplined person that I will not let myself sleep if I don't feel like I am making decent progress, I'm trying to work on going easier on myself because I know that I am my own worst critic usually) and more to do with the vibe of the day.  Maybe I am approaching this incorrectly?  For instance, it was pretty legendary to visit 9 countries in less than two weeks so how could I possibly NOT have given each one a five?  It was an amazing time that I will treasure for the rest of my life.  On the flip side, my very special rat friend died.  Even if I won the lotto on the same day, it wouldn't matter.  At the moment, not much feels like it matters because I miss her so intensely.  I'm trying to shift my focus onto her brother because he is my only sweet baby rat left.  I hope I am making sense here and not just rambling like a nut.

CG, you really are a mind reader because I was just thinking last night about toughening up my goals.  I'd love to lose 8-10lbs by the end of June.  Usually I average about 1.5lbs/week.  I'm already wearing my new ankle, wrist,and waist weights to make my exercise more vigorous.  I jogged first thing this morning and did a bunch of weight training.  I'm also going back to calorie restriction after letting myself off the hook for my travels.  I am strictly keeping to 500cal/day during the week and tightening up my weekends to no more than 750-1200 (still working out the exact details by this weekend). 

Rainbow, I'm sorry that you haven't heard back yet.  Also, have you tried P90X or even beach body?  My mom has had a lot of success and has been doing them for years.  Everyone is different though but I know you will find something new and exciting to help you out.

Bandit, every group needs a cheerleader!  I completely understand how you can feel obsessive about numbers and take it too far because I feel like I have to watch myself from doing the same.

PF, I am doing the opposite of you with counting so I think if we both just switch, maybe we will have more accurate results?  It is worth a try and I look forward to seeing if this helps you out.

Kakenterprise, have you posted a pic of your herb garden?  If so, I may have missed it while I was overseas but if not, you totally should!  I'm getting my act together in that regard as well.

SDS, how has the weather been in Alberta?  Are you by Banff or Jasper?  Your assessments of your days seem very spot on.

archidraca, berry baskets sound like a great idea.  Feel free to send me one, I won't complain :P

Pokey, your boxes are amazing, what lovely work! You have a gift.

I think I got everyone.  Wow, that was really fun, commenting all in one spot.  I was trying to do it all separately but maybe this is better because it keeps the comments much more organized :)

Good luck to day, all!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:46:40 AM by heathersmoo »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2017, 09:54:39 AM »
Bandirpony. I have done the 30. In my younger pageant days, it was a norm. I did it too much and got burnt out.

Rainbowrific, just apply to other jobs. Good news you get this one. Or you don't get this job but another job around the corner. It's best not to fret. I had a job call me 6 months later.

Heathmoo, more pictures the better. If it helps you be healthy, we want to share in it:)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »
5/30

I'm going to give myself a 4/5 today. I walked 3 times around the mall with just one short stop, ate a really healthy lunch when I really wanted something else and am not snacking even though I'm still hungry.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal