collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bought lot on Ebay but didn't get everything pictured-Updated got my item. :)  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hi,
For the first time I didn't get everything pictured in an Ebay lot.  I was happy to find what I thought was a hidden gem in lot on Ebay. I got the package today but did not get everything included in the pictures. What should I do?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:30:09 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Bought lot on Ebay but didn't get everything pictured
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:53:21 PM »
Did you get your gem? If not, consider that the seller didn't send it on purpose.

Either way, contact the seller and let them know there were items missing. That is the best place to start. Find out what they have to say, if they didn't send everything for a reason.

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:56:52 PM »
Definitely contact the seller.  Even if you received your hidden gem they still did not send everything that was listed.  I hope everything works out for you and it was a simple error in shipping.   
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »
No, the hidden gem was not included in the box I received today nor were the other pieces that went along with it. I doubled checked the auction to see if I missed something in the description that mentioned it not being included but there was nothing. I was so excited because I thought I scored a great deal but this has taken my excitement out of the Ebay win. I hope there is a chance it comes in a separate box but that doesn't seem likely.

Ponyfan

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »
Kinda looks like they snuck the gem in there to get buyers, then removed it? Or maybe they didnt realize how valuable it was until right before they sold it. Regardless you paid for the lot and it should have been included, especially if you say you've double checked the description, sounds like something fishy is going on with the seller.

Sorry this happened :c
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
I think True's right; one of those situations or the other. I'd contact them and let them know you didn't receive those items.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
Am I allowed to post the auction number? I will probabaly contact the seller if the item doesn't arrive in the next few days. It wasn't a Mimic that was hiding but something unexpected that I was excited to get. I just checked the auction pics against what I received and I got all of the things in the first set of pictures but nothing in the last pictures.

Ponyfan

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 04:10:54 PM »
You should do is contact your seller now to see if this was a mistake or not. You don't have to wait for this. If there was a second package, they could of added the details.

Use the first contact option that says "I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message". I think that's the only option that doesn't trigger a dispute.

Ask about the missing items... and hopefully it's a decent seller and it was an accident. Depending on their response, they should resolve the issue for you... (again, hopefully, they forgot it and will send it to you). Or you will need to go back to the contact link and select "I received an item that wasn't as described". And if you don't hear from them within 1-2 days, absolutely just do the contact for INAD.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:14:18 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 05:08:58 AM »
Am I allowed to post the auction number? I will probabaly contact the seller if the item doesn't arrive in the next few days. It wasn't a Mimic that was hiding but something unexpected that I was excited to get. I just checked the auction pics against what I received and I got all of the things in the first set of pictures but nothing in the last pictures.

Ponyfan

As long as the auction has ended, I believe you are able to post the auction link or number. Please let us know whether the seller responds!

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 06:02:23 AM »
Make sure you save the auction page and take screenshots in case you have to report them.  Of the text, and of the individual pictures.  If they shipped to you and there was no note explaining why/if anything was missing, they may have done it on purpose so you need to make sure you have proof.  This is in case like banditpony said they don't respond appropriately.

Hopefully they just forgot, but it would depend on their feedback/scores.  I doubt many people on ebay forget unless they have a large batch of orders or something.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 04:10:46 PM »
Thank you everyone. I've sent a message to the seller telling them how excited I was to get the box but that I was disappointed that some of the items were missing. I didn't accuse the seller of intentionally leaving anything out. I will update this thread if I get a response.

Ponyfan

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 07:09:03 PM »
Sounds like a good first step. Accidents can happen. I once sold a box lot of he-man stuff, the buyer got the box and there was a weapon missing from the package. And like in your case, it was the 'gem' of the lot. They messaged me asking what could be done. Turns out, the missing piece was still on the table here! I had meant to wrap it separate and it got overlooked.  So I packed it right up and sent it, and they got it, and all was well.

So it could just be a simple mistake, and not something malicious. Or it could have been deliberate. We'll all be waiting to hear what they have to say and what happens.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I heard back from the seller and he said he will send the missing items if I resend him my address through Ebay. :) Hopefully they will arrive soon.

I got another message that the item wasn't supposed to be in the lot but the seller is sending it anyway since it was in the pictures but I feel a little guilty now.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:25:28 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
:hug:  don't feel guilty! if the seller made a mistake that's not your fault. The seller must honor the deal and send the items that were pictured in the auction. They messed up, they have to suck it up.  We all make mistakes sometimes but if we (talking as a seller at this point) make the mistake then we need to deal with it and not our buyer. make sense? So enjoy your item and hopefully your seller will be more careful in future if they did make a genuine mistake :awake:  (if it was on purpose and they  were hoping to get away with not sending the hidden gem, hoping you were a buyer that wouldn't notice that one was missing from a lot, and selling it for higher price in another auction then hopefully they have learned that that they cant try to do that and get away with it either ;)  )
Hopefully it was a genuine mistake though and either way at least you seller is going to send the rest of what you've won

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
Thank you Ringlets. The seller was honest and my hidden gem arrived today. I am so happy that they did the right thing and sent me everything in the auction that was pictured. Brag post coming soon.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal