collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got a very manky Mummu Apple Delight  (Read 152 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1Topic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
Got a very manky Mummu Apple Delight
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
I've just got Mommy Apple Delight in the post today and the legs were uneven so I took the head off and OMG the body and head is thick with rust and mould. So I just cleaned it up and I'm going to fill the with hot water to try and sort out the body.

This pony is going to be Cupcake when I take the symbols off.

Online Roogna

• Trade Count: (+576)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: Got a very manky Mummu Apple Delight
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43:31 PM »
I use antibacterial soft /liquid soap, a toothbrush, and sometimes q-tips to get into the legs to help clean inside :)
good luck
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Xenotropos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »
Anyone know if using a mild bleach solution on manky ponies would harm them?  I know it kills black mold on walls, so a soak should kill mold on plastic, although it might not be able to get spores inside the vinyl.  What about an oxyclean style bleach (oxygen bleach) solution soak instead (that should cut down on potential lightening of the figure's colour and penetrate into the plastic itself)?

I've also heard that you can boil a pony to disinfect it.  I guess this infers you're going to re-hair it and have cut off the mane and tail first.  Any truth to this?

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 04:37:42 AM »
Bleach and ponies is a no-go combination. Boiling or antibacterial soap should be sufficient. If you don't want the hair to loose its bounce, use the soap strategy, or pour the boiling water in the body, dump out, and dry thoroughly before reattaching the head.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sig by Corona
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
:heart:You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login:heart: