collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Would Child You Think Of Your Current Collection?  (Read 4095 times)

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Child You Think Of Your Current Collection?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 03:18:31 AM »
Little me would just ruin them like I ruined my G3s. Little me was a cruel brat.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 06:13:13 AM »
Young me would be over the moon over Princess Tiffany and baby Princess Sparkle (but bummed I don't have her carriage). Younger me would also be squealing over the fact I have baby Applejack and Bowtie; I know adult me did when I first found out they existed!!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 06:20:37 AM »
Child me would be surprised, considering ponies weren't at all my favorite toys to play with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 06:29:06 AM »
Disappointed my childhood collection didn't fully make it. But that wouldn't be a surprise for how many times my dad saved them from the trash and warned me.

But that's ok since it was mostly my childhood best friends collection that was at the heart of it all. (she had well over 100 of them lol)

I'd also be impressed with creamsicle. Didn't know she existed back then and totally was in love with giraffes.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:30:57 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 07:43:37 AM »
I just don't think I would ever leave my room again.

This was exactly what I thought.

Also I would be super excited that Medley, Glory, Firefly etc actually were real and I could hold them and groom them and play with them like I always wanted to as a child (my mother actually looked reeeally hard for Glory when I was little because I wanted her so much, but she never found her, because she wasn't sold here :()

I would be happy that my childhood ponies were still with me after all this time. (That thanks to Mum saying 'keep them a while and think about it, don't get rid of them' and she was right).

Childhood me would also probably then alert childhood sister, and a whole lot more sunshine ponies than just our childhood two would go hanging out of the window on shoelace bungee jump ropes...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 07:47:17 AM »
Child me would be absolutely horrified and confused. I hated super girly things like dolls and ponies, and the pink aisle was scary. I was a tomboy with two elder brothers that I played video games with, I was constantly mistaken for a boy because of my short hair but always shouted I was a girl despite how much I disliked girly toys... plush toy dogs were my thing.

It wasn't until I was 18 and FIM came out that I fully embraced my ideology that I can like whatever I want and who cares what other people think. Before then I was only vaguely aware of MLP, and only G3s... I had no idea what I was missing out on lol. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 08:00:14 AM »
Child me would be absolutely horrified and confused. I hated super girly things like dolls and ponies, and the pink aisle was scary. I was a tomboy with two elder brothers that I played video games with, I was constantly mistaken for a boy because of my short hair but always shouted I was a girl despite how much I disliked girly toys... plush toy dogs were my thing.

It wasn't until I was 18 and FIM came out that I fully embraced my ideology that I can like whatever I want and who cares what other people think. Before then I was only vaguely aware of MLP, and only G3s... I had no idea what I was missing out on lol. ^.^

Same tulips!! I was more "girly" than my tomboy best friend, but ponies were a step too far XD I was I stuffed animal kid. I remember one birthday my mom asked if I wanted any ponies and we agreed I didn't really like those. Now how I wish she did get me some!!

wishlist

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
I think younger me would be shocked. I was a pretty androgynous child, more into roleplaying and imagination than dolls... I was kind of raised to not like girly or childish stuff, because my parents didn't like it, so I always "hated" ponies and stuff as a kid. :( But at the same time, I think she would be relieved to see that I'm able to enjoy "girly" stuff and would want to play with them. Ultimately I feel like she'd be alarmed by some of the prices I pay for my collectibles though!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:35 AM »
Child me would be so disappointed! Pink was not only my least favorite colour, but probably my least favorite thing in the universe :P Horses were my least favorite animal, specifically because that's what the other girls liked, and unicorns? EWW! I always liked playing with toys, but they had to be cool toys with moving parts and whatnot. None of that cute or beautiful nonsense... With that said, I would probably be somewhat excited about having this many toys :lol:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »
Younger me: Why are the pony houses in the attic? :pout:
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 12:55:08 PM »
Well I still have all of my childhood Ponies somewhere which she would probably be happy about though entirely expecting it (I've never liked to throw things out) and now I have nearly all the ones released here as well as several from Europe. I remember wanting my babysitter's childhood Ponies too, so I'd probably be glad I have some like those since the only G1 Pony I found as a child was Baby Sweetstuff, I would definitely be glad that I could easily watch the original T.V. show too.

The current series I'd probably enjoy as well along with the current toys (yes, they're small, but I've always loved small things, plus my hands have always been a bit small too), and believe it or not I'd actually understand keeping some of them in boxes; the first toy I decided to keep in it's box was a Barbie doll my grandparents brought back from Europe for me when I was about 8, she's still in her box and I saw her just the other day

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 01:40:14 PM »
Kid me would be happy that eventually I ended up with so many more ponies than the three I had my entire childhood (granted I had /tons/ of toys as a kid but only three MLPs^^;).

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »
When my nephew was very young, his reaction was to look around and go, "Too much, Aunt Shan." 

Letting my niece into the room is like giving her an immediate sugar high. 

I imagine my child self would be somewhere in the middle. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:33:15 PM by Skeen »

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
Child me would be having a ball tearing open all of my G1 MOC's :scared: :lol:

Babydoll~

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 03:02:16 PM »
I would be like you have how many ponies now, and some are from WHERE! YOU HAVE MIMIC?!  Play sets galore!!!   :enthralled: :enthralled: :happy: I would be thrilled that all of my childhood, gift ponies and flea finds are still with me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal