collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need some knitting help  (Read 153 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13Topic starter

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • knitting pony
    • Voices by Share
I need some knitting help
« on: April 15, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »
So I am working on a temperature blanket. Here is a link to give you more information. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now I am knitting mine:) still have not grasped the concept of crochet yet:)

I am all set up with colors and my border. It's a simple 2x2 rib stitch. But I want something different for the center of the blanket.

In short give me some such patterns:) do you have a favorite? Feel free to post pictures. I will try and get a picture for you. Photobucket and I have been having issues lately:p

YOU can give me a picture or even post the pattern and I will try it out:)

Thanks for the motivation...hate having a knitting block:)

Here is my blanket so far:)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is my gage of colors. It has been adjusted and I replaced the pink.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Some of my finished projects
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ok I will stop showing off. I do take commissions and trades:) I have tuns of yarn to choose from.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:56:42 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or trade

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • a.k.a. Haawan
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: I need some knitting help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:42:24 PM »
Never heard of these before but I love the idea!

Sadly I don't knit so I can't offer any patterns or inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what others come up with, though. And please post pics of your blanket, I'd love to see!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Vanillavirus and Crystal Valley for my profile artwork! ♥

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 01:02:55 AM »
Oh I always love the temperature projects (a variation I've seen is sky colour - ends up being white, grey, and blues). I keep trying to figure out how to turn it into a plastic canvas project....but it's hard coming up with something that's 365 rows.

Made by Kiwi (that's me)!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

• knitting pony
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:22:48 AM »
Some temp blankets go only 30 days. I need to get pictures...so behind:p

Post Merge: April 20, 2017, 10:00:44 PM

Updated with some pictures. Oh I do make wings too. eBay has more pictures:) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I will post with more fun from time to time:) thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:00:45 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or trade

Offline lostpony

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »
All i can do is crochet a chain...

But i have a cheap pun for you:

Knot a problem!

Hope it helps.
:lovey:                                      You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
lost in the pleasure of
35 years of Pony treasure        It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness

• knitting pony
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »
Lost pony you so made my day:) I stink at making a crochet chain.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • a.k.a. Haawan
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »
Love those knitted pony blankets!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Vanillavirus and Crystal Valley for my profile artwork! ♥

Offline lostpony

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »
I didnt say it would be a good chain...my grandpa taught me when i was little and i vcould never improve or learn more crochet.

Im glad i was able to help!

You already know but i too love all those goodies you made in your pictures.  So wonderful!  I think my favorite is Cotton Candy snuggled into her royal cloak.  So perfect!

Im curious can you knit with skinnier yarn to make closer-fitting things like the way crochet can make doilies and such? Im thinking pony-scale thicknesses. Probably be a ton more work to do, right?

I just read the link and it seems you could do this for all sorts of data. Pretty neat!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:05:44 PM by lostpony »
:lovey:                                      You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
lost in the pleasure of
35 years of Pony treasure        It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness

• knitting pony
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 08:24:32 PM »
I use a very thin yarn and needle for my pony stuff. I have not tried knitting thread. It is a thought as I would live to knitvthings for G4 ponies, but they are small.