collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you found a super expensive pony, would it be wrong to sell for cheap​?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
I would do it for a pony friend that I knew fairly well... but not for someone I don't know.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
I don't think so- I had an autographed muffin pony card from comic con that I sold very cheaply when someone inquired on it. Passing on good things to fellow collectors is not just good vibes and good karma, but it makes people happy <3 Spreading happiness is something this world needs <3

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I even like gifting rare ponies. I see no problem with it. I like to bring a smile to someone's face. The pony community has done so much for me.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I agree with others, gifting it or making it a prize would be so fun! As for selling I think it's ok because like it's been mentioned there's PayPal protection and they can choose the risk. If you got the rare pony for like 3$ then sold it for 40$ it's still a good profit. Personally I'd just do it as an auction with a .99 starting price and let the market decide (in reality I'd keep the pony as I have no rare ones haha)

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
So many interesting answers.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
My solution to this question when pony (or Breyer) hunting, is that if it is a piece I don't really care for & there are no extenuating/odd circumstances, I leave it for someone else to find. I love the feeling of when I find something really special, something that truly excites my collector's heart, in the wild for a reasonable price & would rather pass that chance on to someone else than buy something that won't make me happy in the long run. Probably not a popular solution but I believe in collecting for my own enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I have before, and I would again :)

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I do it most of the time because I want people to have the chance to buy a htf pony for a nice price. But trading for another htf pony is also an option.
I had it several times that me and a collector looked at each other as in "we both know we didn't pay full price so we might as well trade"

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
I even like gifting rare ponies. I see no problem with it. I like to bring a smile to someone's face. The pony community has done so much for me.

This!

I'd definitely do it. The first pony I ever bought online was a Baby Sugarberry. My husband and I wanted her so much, but there was no way we could afford her. But a very kind Arena member sold her to me for a much lower price. Okay, the pony did have some flaws, but still, she could have asked a much higher price for her. I am still super grateful for this, especially because I didn't even have any feedback at all back then. It's nice when people are willing to give you a chance. ^.^

He knows that they're the fool...

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
I just bought Mimic from a member here for well below eBay value with one flaw I don't mind and otherwise in much better shape than on eBay so I guess I'm already a beneficiary of this concept....though the person had owned her for some time and didn't get a very good deal on her so she was super generous with me.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
but let's be honest, if I find Rapunzel at a boot sale for $5, I'm either keeping  her or selling her for market price. Because that's a lot of money and I can buy a lot of cheaper ponies for all that.  :drunk:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
If I was in this situation I would either sell cheaply / gift to a friend or I would find a way to raffle / donate it to an auction for a good cause. I'm not a big seller--though I do have some stuff I need to get sorted, just so I'm not putting my foot in my mouth saying that!--and I far prefer swapping or gifting ponies over dealing with eBay sales.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
but let's be honest, if I find Rapunzel at a boot sale for $5, I'm either keeping  her or selling her for market price. Because that's a lot of money and I can buy a lot of cheaper ponies for all that.  :drunk:

Oh thank god it's not just me thinking it XD

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I don't see why it's a problem.  I think it's a good thing to make people smile.  :) I know that I've lowered the prices on some of my rarer ponies if people tell me that it's their grail or something they've had their eye on forever.     

I did that a few years ago at the Fair.  I had several Mimics that I'd gotten cheaply and had sold all but one.  She was priced fairly for her condition, and a little girl had been eyeing her all weekend.  Finally her parents asked how much she was, and said they'd go to the hotel's ATM to get the rest of the cash they needed, because the little girl had seen Mimic's Golden Horseshoes episode and fallen in love.  When the found out that the ATM had actually run out of money due to the number of Fair attendees withdrawing from it, I sold them Mimic for whatever cash they had on hand and the little girl's promise that she'd love Mimic forever. 

So, no, it's not wrong unless the money you're missing out on is some that you need for a vitally important purchase, in which case it wouldn't be monetarily responsible to sell it for less (like if you're paying off a bill and the full amount of the pony would cover it, etc.) but would still be perfectly alright to do so if you wanted.  Your pony, your call. 

That's such a lovely story!  :lovey:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
I just bought Mimic from a member here for well below eBay value with one flaw I don't mind and otherwise in much better shape than on eBay so I guess I'm already a beneficiary of this concept....though the person had owned her for some time and didn't get a very good deal on her so she was super generous with me.

UM... Pics please when she arrives lostpony! :heart:

I do this sort of thing all the time- not with ponies but with things like, online currency/etc. i use chickensmoothie a lot, and i give away "rare" pets all the time. especially to younger players or people who dont have a large collection under their belt. Now..would i ever give away a mimic if i found her? PROBABLY NOT IMO... but i don't think its in any way "wrong" to share the love!

wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal