collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's Your Popular Pony Opinions?  (Read 3048 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Popular Pony Opinions?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 02:51:25 PM »
People who think that all older characters are prototypes and carbon copies of current characters  irritates the crap outta me. It invalidates the fact that they have their own personality, history and way of handling situations. Plus it perpetuates misconceptions, confusion and for those who actually know otherwise, but do it anyway, flat out lies.

OOOOHH yes, I hate this too. Especially when I see people say stuff like "oh in G3 Rainbow Dash was like *insert description here* but her current personality.." they're different characters!! Or when people call the ponies that the G4 main 6 were based off, the "Concept 6", I hate that. They existed waaaayy before the Main 6 did and they don't exist solely to be "the ones that the main 6 were based off"....

And I hate it when people draw Surprise with blonde hair >_< Her hair's chartreuse, dammit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 03:00:36 PM »
People who think that all older characters are prototypes and carbon copies of current characters  irritates the crap outta me. It invalidates the fact that they have their own personality, history and way of handling situations. Plus it perpetuates misconceptions, confusion and for those who actually know otherwise, but do it anyway, flat out lies.

OOOOHH yes, I hate this too. Especially when I see people say stuff like "oh in G3 Rainbow Dash was like *insert description here* but her current personality.." they're different characters!! Or when people call the ponies that the G4 main 6 were based off, the "Concept 6", I hate that. They existed waaaayy before the Main 6 did and they don't exist solely to be "the ones that the main 6 were based off"....

And I hate it when people draw Surprise with blonde hair >_< Her hair's chartreuse, dammit.

Carrehz your awesome.  ^.^

I guess they don't like using highlighter markers for Surprise and Baby Surprise. Do they have chartreuse in those digital drawing pallettes?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:03:38 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 10:36:44 AM »

Meh, everyone has their own way of viewing older generations. I imagine if you come in with G4 it is hard to realign yourself to see that there were generations and characters that were already established before FIM began. I find it annoying too, but I also kind of understand it, except where it gets to levels of offensiveness. I don't think that any of the mane six really represent any of the ponies people connect them to from the original eighties line. They have some loose similarities but they are really just themselves.

Rainbow Dash grew wings between G3 and G4. Considering that the only other example we have of 'wing-growing' is when Twilight grew them to become a princess (wings and horns), I'd be much more interested to see that if people are insisting on making G3 and G4 Dash connected, they started discussing the possibility it makes Dash in G4 some kind of illicit illegitimate princess ;) At least it would be imaginative XD.

...It's really hard not being able to type the number that comes before 2. Sigh. Stupid PC.

I think most early pony art draws Surprise with yellow hair. I actually prefer it yellow to the icky green colour they sometimes use, but that looks like being an unpopular opinion, so maaaybe I should take it to the other thread ;) But I remember being surprised when I first saw Surprise and Honeycomb irl and they had neon hair like Shady. I think I spent most of my childhood believing Shady was the only one with that bright hair colour xD

On the subject of prototypes/carbon copies, Surprise and Honeycomb are absolutely different ponies and are absolutely not clones. They are both amazing and epic ponies and I love them both.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:27:07 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 11:19:31 AM »
OT But I  think it sucks that computers are built to bite it within 4-5 years. I have game systems older then that and they work well! Computer companies need a big kick in the rear!

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 11:26:52 AM »
I think most early pony art draws Surprise with yellow hair. I actually prefer it yellow to the icky green colour they sometimes use, but that looks like being an unpopular opinion, so maaaybe I should take it to the other thread ;)

I think the trouble is that it's really hard to replicate Surprise's very distinct shade of highlighter yellow in flat digital shades. I dunno, maybe something about how the light hits the hair on the toy is really hard to reproduce? Anyways, that's how most of the art you see online ends up depicting her with either corn yellow or snotty green hair. :P I used to draw digitally and I would encounter this problem with trying to represent multidimensional color in a simplified style all the time.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 12:55:01 PM »
I dunno, I prefer dull green!Surprise to blonde!Surprise. I particularly dislike it when people draw her with pale yellow hair - c'mon, Surprise has gotta be bright! XD But I'm rambling.

On the subject of prototypes/carbon copies, Surprise and Honeycomb are absolutely different ponies and are absolutely not clones. They are both amazing and epic ponies and I love them both.

Yes, this!!! I love Honeycomb.
(Also slightly off-topic, but I feel your pain wrt keys not working right, been there myself and it's the worst >_<)

Carrehz your awesome.  ^.^

Aww, thank you ^o^

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2017, 01:29:36 PM »
honestly i love rapunzel
and i love nirvanas
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
Ponies are fabulous!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2017, 03:58:43 PM »
Ponies are fabulous!

Absolutely! And I bet that's the most popular opinion on the arena :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2017, 02:36:20 PM »
Baby Ponies are cute!

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
I love the CP G1s. Those big rumps and shy down looking heads are adorable and they look great together on the shelf! :lovey:

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »
a million times this
cus new moon dancer isnt the type to put a pony in a coma and g3 cotton candy doesnt like to eat flowers
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2017, 12:00:22 PM »
All the yellow ponies, all the time. Can't get enough of 'em, even though there's practically millions of 'em. XD
I also absolutely love Rainbow Ponies; their multicoloured hair and glittery symbols always made me feel like they were extra special when I was a kid.
And there is nothing greater (to my mind) than finding a Sunshine Pony whose hair still changes colour in the light. :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
All the yellow ponies, all the time. Can't get enough of 'em, even though there's practically millions of 'em. XD
I also absolutely love Rainbow Ponies; their multicoloured hair and glittery symbols always made me feel like they were extra special when I was a kid.
And there is nothing greater (to my mind) than finding a Sunshine Pony whose hair still changes colour in the light. :D

Hear hear! I don't even like yellow very much, but I sure do love a yellow pony!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal