collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay- Seller's (Eaglesfan73) PP Hacked - Received package, but incomplete  (Read 10938 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I have purchased from the seller before....

I just won one of her massive lots, but was immediately messaged that her Ex hacked her PP & drained her out. She sent me another PP address to pay her with.

States she & her current Spouse are both NY police SGTS, battling cancer etc. I feel bad for the sob story, but dealing with a $150+ purchase I can't afford to take a $200 risk. What should I do?

I suggested we cancel the sale and she setup a private listing for just me using the correct PP address, so I could use PP credit. Her reply was to offer a second chance to another buyer. I don't want to lose the purchase, but I still want the ebay protections on my $150+ purchase.

4/13/17 update:
Package received, but it had some un-pictured items and at least 1 missing item, but what I really wanted was in there!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:49:33 PM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay- Seller's PP Hacked
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 07:15:00 AM »
I wouldn't risk it. Sounds way too fishy.

Aren't payments outside of ebay also against their rules?

I'd actually probably report the seller to ebay for the request, since it's clear she will be going after an off site payment whether from you or the next person.

Either it comes back on the seller for rule breaking or it ends up being found out that someone else is using her ebay account.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:18:48 AM by Duenia »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »
I wouldn't risk it. Sounds way too fishy.

Aren't payments outside of ebay also against their rules?

I'd actually probably report the seller to ebay for the request, since it's clear she will be going after an off site payment whether from you or the next person.

Either it comes back on the seller for rule breaking or it ends up being found out that someone else is using her ebay account.

This. For all you know it's her ex sending you the messages, lying about being a police officer (my husband is a police officer but he doesn't throw that out there when he makes eBay sales) and trying to get sympathy about cancer which would be terrible if they don't even have it.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »
This is super suspicious. If its the seller I think it may be its even more fishy.
Say you'll only pay through Paypal via ebay. If you breach the contract you are not protected. Even if you've dealt with her before this has Scam written all over it.

Also the fact that she said No to a private sale raises more red flags.
If you feel comfortable PMing me the ebay ID I can confirm if its who Im thinking of.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 10:55:16 AM »
"we are both police sgts from NY and both battling cancer" is the fishiest statement I've ever read. Definitely cancel.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »
It doesn't seem like a good situation.  At all.  Especially if they aren't willing to work with you on a private listing or anything... :pout:
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Loona

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 12:25:23 PM »
This just sounds fishier than fishy. Also, if they are police officers and thus should be rule-obeying people, why is she so reluctant to follow eBay's rules? An illness should not prevent you from being able to follow rules, especially if it does not prevent you from being able to put up eBay sales (and I don't want to sound mean or ignorant towards a deadly illness. I do have close experience with cancer unfortunately, having lost a parent to it and having another parent battling it).
I do understand that you'd really want to have the lot, but that amount of money seems to be just too high a risk to take. If I were you, I'd cancel - and report too. Just as Duenia said, there's a chance she might do this also to others, eBay should be made aware. And if her PP is indeed hacked, eBay should also be made aware...
I'm sorry you have to deal with this  :huh:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
This just sounds fishier than fishy. Also, if they are police officers and thus should be rule-obeying people, why is she so reluctant to follow eBay's rules?
OK, being a police officer isn't about obeying eBay rules, it's about enforcing laws. And if they claim to be NYPD, it's city laws and state laws. Outside work, they are allowed to be human. Sorry, as a police wife, it had to be said.

Anyway, this whole thing seems fishy, and as others said I would just cancel and report if the seller seems unwilling to work with you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:47:53 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »
I think I know who this seller is (does her user name start with a e and end with a 3?), if it is the same one I am thinking of I have brought from her and found she can be so slow on shipping but items get there eventually as described, however she caused a lot of upsets of fb last year, she has stopped selling on fb (maybe got banned), most of the upsets where due to late shipping and cancelling sales she agreed to buy from memory, she then started saying she has cancer but it only came up as an excuse so it didn't sit well with many people.
At this stage if she suggested this to me as she has to you, I would say no. Yes my dealings have been fine with her but yeah her life stories are becoming more and more involved in her sales which is not right

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 02:11:25 PM »
I think I know who this seller is (does her user name start with a e and end with a 3?), if it is the same one I am thinking of I have brought from her and found she can be so slow on shipping but items get there eventually as described, however she caused a lot of upsets of fb last year, she has stopped selling on fb (maybe got banned), most of the upsets where due to late shipping and cancelling sales she agreed to buy from memory, she then started saying she has cancer but it only came up as an excuse so it didn't sit well with many people.
At this stage if she suggested this to me as she has to you, I would say no. Yes my dealings have been fine with her but yeah her life stories are becoming more and more involved in her sales which is not right

Yes, that would be the correct seller. I've bought 2 ponies from her and neither of them had fully disclosed flaws. Ebay had to remove one of the responses to negative feedback she has received... not the most polite or easy to deal with, but most ebay sellers know you always run into upset buyers that aren't willing to work toward a resolution.

The most recent I have heard is that she has agreed to relist in a private listing for me.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 02:19:25 PM »

Yes, that would be the correct seller. I've bought 2 ponies from her and neither of them had fully disclosed flaws. Ebay had to remove one of the responses to negative feedback she has received... not the most polite or easy to deal with, but most ebay sellers know you always run into upset buyers that aren't willing to work toward a resolution.

The most recent I have heard is that she has agreed to relist in a private listing for me.

I've had two negative experiences with her, one that really was blown out of proportion, so I personally would advise against dealing with her. Just be sure you are protected via Paypal/Ebay.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
may we...know the sellers name? : O
i don't want to run into this person and buy from them..id rather just stay away.

wishlist

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:41 PM »
I just got it resolved.... well I just paid for the lot anyway, we'll cross our fingers for safe arrival.

I'd rather not post the ID until it arrives, but here is the win:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
let us know if all goes well! im sorry you got a rough treatment.

wishlist

Offline northstar3184

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »
If it's the same seller I'm thinking (and she fits the description with the sob stories and her user name starting with e and ending in 3), there are multiple threads about her. I started one myself when she sold me a pony she claimed was in  mint condition who it turned out had several spots of pony cancer not shown or mentioned in the listing. When I said I wanted a partial refund she initially agreed, then started stringing me along with excuses and sob stories. She finally issued a partial refund when I told her I was going to open a case if the matter wasn't resolved within something like 24 or 48 hours. She's been a problem for multiple arena members.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:32:49 PM by northstar3184 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal