collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay- Seller's (Eaglesfan73) PP Hacked - Received package, but incomplete  (Read 10932 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Ebay- Seller's PP Hacked
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »
If it's the person I am thinking of with the recent multitude of lots on eBay, yes she has been a problem for people on here and the MLPTP. It's why I avoided bidding on any of her auctions. Apparently, she's up to her same old scams and sob stories.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:40:04 PM by bluerose9978 »

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 05:53:18 PM »
What are the chances of both spouses being sargeants and having cancer and one stealing funds from the other?

Mr Spock, calculate please. I believe it approaches zero.

Is everyone referring to the same bad ebay seller?? Glad i barely ever buy ponied outside of the arena anymore.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »
This just sounds fishier than fishy. Also, if they are police officers and thus should be rule-obeying people, why is she so reluctant to follow eBay's rules?
OK, being a police officer isn't about obeying eBay rules, it's about enforcing laws. And if they claim to be NYPD, it's city laws and state laws. Outside work, they are allowed to be human. Sorry, as a police wife, it had to be said.
I do agree with that, but being human outside work shouldn't involve 'scamming' and acting like this - what she does is not OK in my books, and it definitely does not fall under "being human off work" (and knowing you based on your posts I'm sure it's the same for you. Like... I could never even imagine you doing something like this) :P and that's something I'd especially not expect from someone whose work is like this. That's what I was trying to refer to :)

Fingers crossed for you ChipsteRJ! I hope your lot turns up fast and in the described condition!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:37:07 AM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 01:29:23 PM »
I'm certain I know who you are talking about. Good luck

She recently had something listed that I really wanted, but she is just to dodgy to deal with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 03:34:21 PM »
This just sounds fishier than fishy. Also, if they are police officers and thus should be rule-obeying people, why is she so reluctant to follow eBay's rules?
OK, being a police officer isn't about obeying eBay rules, it's about enforcing laws. And if they claim to be NYPD, it's city laws and state laws. Outside work, they are allowed to be human. Sorry, as a police wife, it had to be said.
I do agree with that, but being human outside work shouldn't involve 'scamming' and acting like this - what she does is not OK in my books, and it definitely does not fall under "being human off work" (and knowing you based on your posts I'm sure it's the same for you. Like... I could never even imagine you doing something like this) :P and that's something I'd especially not expect from someone whose work is like this. That's what I was trying to refer to :)

Fingers crossed for you ChipsteRJ! I hope your lot turns up fast and in the described condition!

What I meant is that as a police officer you are expected to know the laws you are enforcing. However, outside of work, if you are a police officer and you sell on eBay, you don't have to have the eBay policies memorized and you are implying that as a police officer you must know all of the policies of eBay and therefore must follow them strictly above anyone else as a duty of your job. When it's possible they may not know they are breaking any rules or just don't know all the rules. I know in my husband's case, he doesn't know all of eBay's rules.

In the OP's case, I neither believe this seller is a police officer nor do I believe their story. But, you never know since there are people who do this job who really are not the type you would expect to be doing it and they are the ones you'll see in the news being recorded in cell phone videos.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:41:22 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:36 AM »
Her responses to the negative and neutral feedback left is very immature. Why would you want to buy from this person?

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 08:41:49 AM »
Might sound kinda mean; but if so many people have had problems with buying from her and she does stuff like this regularly.. Wouldn't it be better to name and shame her? To prevent others from falling for her trap and such. :huh:

I hope your items arrive safely and soon, ChipsteRJ!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
Sounds like she's just trying to avoid paying the ebay fees.

OP is actually violating ebay rules by paying outside of ebay.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
Might sound kinda mean; but if so many people have had problems with buying from her and she does stuff like this regularly.. Wouldn't it be better to name and shame her? To prevent others from falling for her trap and such. :huh:

I hope your items arrive safely and soon, ChipsteRJ!

I was thinking the same thing.  When someone says "dodgy seller" and a bunch of people correctly guess who it is based on their shady habits . . .  well, that's a bad sign, lol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »
If it's who I think it is, here are some threads on the arena about the seller I was referring to in my reply. The first one is a thread I started. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the OP is dealing with a different seller.

The mods can let me know if sharing these threads is inappropriate. If she's up to her old tricks and guilt trips maybe other members should know. And as CoonhoundBetty said, read her replies to negatives. They really say something about the seller's character, or rather lack thereof.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »
I tried looking for other complaints before I posted mine, but yes it was Eaglesfan73.

Package arrived, but at least 1 item was missing and about 20-30 other items were thrown in. I'll have to go through eveything to see if anything else is missing, but what I really wanted/ needed it was there- I got a decent deal, so it might be in my best interest to not mention anything at all based on those other threads ....

lostpony

1 missing and 20 to 30 extras.

By the numbers alone it doesnt seem like bad intentions so much as serious issues with reality.

I've certainly had much worse and slightly weirder experiences on eBay.

That name is superfamiliar. Ive either bought from or almost bought from that person, id have to check.

Now to what's important: which ponies did you get, and who's missing?
(Pony obsessed mind wants to know)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:06:12 PM by lostpony »

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not much of a pony collector, I'm more an accessory collector... the massive brush lot. An icecream barrette was missing, but a few extra BNG ones were thrown in, so a pretty even trade off.

lostpony

An ice cream barrette hm...i dont really have any barrettes yet, oh no...trying not to need some now, ack. Its not working.

What does BNG mean again? Big new good?

Galactica, i dont think that violates ebay rules because unless the transaction is cancelled or the amount changes, the listing/final value fees still get collected from the seller.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:35:39 PM by lostpony »

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
An ice cream barrette hm...i dont really have any barrettes yet, oh no...trying not to need some now, ack. Its not working.

What does BNG mean again? Big new good?

It's not easy to resist accessories.... is it???

BNG= Brush N Grow

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal