collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay buyer wants to do an off-ebay sale? What to do?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Ebay buyer wants to do an off-ebay sale? What to do?
« on: April 08, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »
[edit to add: find my etsy shop by searching their site for "skyglory"]

Nothing subversive intended- I just started listing/selling some watercolor prints on ebay (for the first time ever! I'm so nervous!), and it didn't take long for someone to inquire about commissioning an original piece. Of course, I DO take commissions! ...But at my esty shop or here on the Arena.

How can I let her know this without getting reprimanded/shut down by ebay? I feel like, if I even MENTION in the *monitored* ebay message that I take commissions through my etsy shop, ebay will shut me down.

This is our only correspondence so far...

buyer: I'd love a twinkle eyed gingerbread. Do you take commissions? If so how much

Me:  Good afternoon! Thanks for your interest in my pony watercolors! Unfortunately I am unable to take commissions through eBay.

buyer:  If I gave you my e m a i l could we do it then?

Me: (composing this Arena query!)

I suppose there might be a way to do a commission on ebay, but I'd really rather not! I prefer the process on etsy/arena or independently.

Thoughts?

fyi, my etsy shop is located at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SkyGlory?ref=hdr_shop_menu

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:15:06 AM by ponyqueen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Ebay buyer wants to do an off-ebay sale? What to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 04:09:40 PM »
I have told people I am called Thunderwing on the MLP Arena, and have never had a problem. You could phrase it like "You can find me on the MLP Arena as *username*."

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:15:54 PM »
That is tricky :/ Good on you for trying to abide by Ebay's rules. That's the honest thing to do and not every seller does. One thought I have is that what Ebay actually doesn't want you to do is sell the item currently up for auction offsite; their rules don't cover items that you haven't listed or that don't exist yet (as in this case). It seems like it would be safe to mention your Etsy shop and that you take commissions there, since Ebay doesn't deal in commissions. Anybody else want to weigh in on this?  I feel a little nervous advising you to do this, since I'm not 100% positive Ebay would be okay with it. Hopefully more people can weigh in.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 10:20:23 PM »
say ok.

If they can get through the filter and provide an email, then give them your Etsy through the email. I'd give as little info as possible through ebays messages.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 05:08:34 PM »
If you are not discussing buying a specific item you currently have on eBay outside of eBay, it is not really breaking any of their rules.

Has she bought something already? If so she should be able to find your email connected to the Paypal payment. ;) Alternatively if you write a note on a piece of paper such as "email me: name@service" then send it as a picture attached to a message, it will not get caught in eBay's email filter. :bigups:

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »
I would simply tell the person you don't want to discuss it through ebay, but they can find you on etsy as "name" or here as "name".

If they seriously want the pony, they will be willing to put in a little work, even making an account if they have to would only take a few minutes. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 08:18:01 AM »
I would simply tell the person you don't want to discuss it through ebay, but they can find you on etsy as "name" or here as "name".

If they seriously want the pony, they will be willing to put in a little work, even making an account if they have to would only take a few minutes. :)

I think this, too. You're not actually selling anything that's already on eBay to her, so I don't see anything wrong with letting her know how to contact you outside of eBay :)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
Thanks everypony!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal