collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Did You Start Getting Into Other Gens?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How Did You Start Getting Into Other Gens?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 04:54:15 PM »
I found this site in Google XD

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »
I grew up with G3, and had no idea about the previous generations until I began collecting a few years ago. I was restoring McDonald's Minty and discovered the G1 Minty while googling her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 10:50:43 AM »
I grew up with G3, and had no idea about the previous generations until I began collecting a few years ago. I was restoring McDonald's Minty and discovered the G1 Minty while googling her.

Thats cute.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2017, 12:07:57 AM »
I grew up with both g1 & g2, I was born '92 :) I found g3s while identifying my childhood ponies when I started collecting '06, and sort of fell in love. ^^ I did get into g4 by kind of rolling with it as it came out, but I also got out of g4 so to speak, just by losing interest in that gen. g4.5 is more interesting to me, but not so much that I'll start collecting them :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2017, 01:26:08 AM »
I grew up watching G1 when I was three. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes during that time. When I was discharged from hospital the nurses gave me a VHS copy of My Little Pony episodes, it only had three episodes on it Return of Tambelon, Pony Puppy, and Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt.

When G3 came out I didn't like it, because it wasn't like the one I grew up watching.

I took a hiatus after G3 that I call nightmare fuel.

I was flicking through channels and spotted MLP FIM I can't remember what episode it was. I fell in love with My Little Pony all over again.

That got me collecting not only G4 ponies but restarted my collecting of G1 ponies again.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
I never did. When G3 first came out, I was like "OMG ponies! In stores!". So I bought three ponies I liked (Merriweather, Rainbow Swirl (both in the diva pose) and Starcatcher), and I enjoyed them for a while. But that was because it was such a huge flashback to my childhood, they even smelled the same as my new G1 ponies. But when G3 developed further I really started to dislike their style, they just couldn't live up to "real" ponies for me.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 12:40:17 PM »
My Little Pony and I have a complicated history with many misses before I actually started collecting, which is essentially what got me into collecting other generations.

I spent about 4 years liking My Little Pony and being afraid to admit it because I was so used to be teased for literally anything and didn't feel like I was allowed to have any interests or grow/change.

I started collecting G4 when I got to the point where I couldn't deal with life anymore and decided I was going to do what I want and if anyone had a problem with it I was going to cut them out of my life. Most importantly from this I was willing to cut my mother out of my life if it meant I had a shot at being happy. (She actually did come around eventually and even pony hunts for me!) Before this G4 and I had had quite a few run ins and misses as well. More than I can count honestly.

I came here after I started collecting G4 because I wanted to know other people who shared my pony love. While here I learned a lot about the other generations and each time I remembered the miss I had with that generation. Which resulted in a tiny wishlist that just kept growing and expanding into other areas of that generation.

G1: My Mémère had a huge box of G1 ponies that I believe belonged to my step sister's mother at one point? She kept them in a box in their basement and we would play with them sometimes at their house. When I was in High School she actually offered to give them to me because she was clearing the basement and my step sister didn't want them. I sadly declined because I was afraid, but just said I was too old for toys. So when I saw a Dazzleglow on sale here and immediately bonded with her through seeing her picture I jumped and it just didn't stop at her lol.

G2: I owned one G2 pony as a kid. I was sick and upset, it was middle of summer and I was missing something I had been looking forward to. To try and cheer me up my mom was actually out looking for what I last night learned was a set from My Pretty Dollhouse but couldn't find it. She did however find Dainty Dove's Wedding Chapel. She thought it was cute and brought it home. I actually got frustrated with it but I always did love that veil and ring. I played with the pony a bit. No idea where she ended up. When I found her online one night my mom encouraged me to get her. First time she ever told me buy a pony, so I ended up with that and Ivy's Pretty Parlour with the first encouragement from my mother in a long time. About a month later I was itching for another G2 but short on cash and there was a Light Heart with the canopy bed up, and a Sea Breeze. I mentioned them and she immediately offered to pay for them for my birthday.

G3: I had actually tried to discreetly collect some of them in high school.  My younger sister was collecting the McDonalds ponies - the 2007 set. So I'd always give her my toy even though I totally wanted it because again I was afraid of being teased by her and my mother. She started giving me her doubles or we'd swap whatever I had for her duplicates with some lame excuse from me about why I was keeping any of them. That Christmas my mom put a Tiny Tin pony in each of our stockings. When I dug those up I ended up wanting to finish those two sets, and the other I had one pony from very badly. I recently polished off one of those and ended up with some Avon Ponies in the process. Oh and I just found a custom that I'm dying over... so slowly that is growing. I actually sent the list of them to my mom to keep myself from picking up the ones I want though. She's been learning slowly about my toy collections and was a bit upset she couldn't surprise me because she always had to ask. So I split my collection list in half and wrote her a guide on what to look for on the half I sent to her. Best way to semi-reign in my spending since I'm not allowed to touch anything on the list I sent her until after xmas lol.

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »
A girl in my class bought in the first few G3s - Sparkleworks and Minty, I think? Possibly Rainbow Dash...? And my five-year-old self wanted them! Luckily my birthday was coming up soon, and I'd peeked in the back of the closet enough to know what I was getting - Starcatcher!
Later on the same day, at my party, I received Thistle Whistle and Blossom Forth & Spring Fever bundled together in a two-pack - and then the collecting never really stopped.
I wanted to know how many ponies there were, so went online and found the Dream Valley site! That's where I discovered G1s and G2s and wanted them just as badly - but unfortunately I was too young to buy anything online, so it's only in the past five years that I've been able to do so. Luckily I did manage to find a G1 pony in the wild though - Sweetsteps Ballerina Posey Rose :heart:
I finally found my grail! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal