collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: sent wrong address through ebay as I was paying  (Read 1859 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
sent wrong address through ebay as I was paying
« on: April 06, 2017, 08:53:28 PM »
Ah so I was rushing as usual, I paid for an ebay item I won and as I clicked pay I realize I didn't change my address from a default address, ugh. I tried to click out of it to cancel the payment but it was to late, how do I proceed from here. Is there anyway I can send my correct address through ebay and or paypal?

Thanks

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: sent wrong address through ebay as I was paying
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:15:30 PM »
I'd message the seller and let them know of the error ASAP. I've never done it, but I'm sure there is a way to change it someplace. But definitely let that seller know so they don't ship to the wrong address!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:35 AM »
There is a way to change your address but I'm not sure if that is possible with a transaction that's already happened  :wonder: .
I would contact your seller first ASAP and let them know what has happened and give them the correct address, then try and  change your address on ebay/paypal to the correct one. If you cant do it for this transaction it might be worth phoning ebay to let them know what happened and ask for advice since the seller might be suspicious and  also would lose their seller protection if they ship to a different address if something went wrong .
Hmm does that make sense? I don't have a lot of time today and I'm a bit incoherent! sorries :blush:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

StyleOfTheTimes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 05:36:34 AM »
Could you send a private message to the seller explaining the issue and then send them the right address? I've done this before when I moved. Most sellers will be understanding. But I'd do it soon incase they have already posted it.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 05:53:26 AM »
What would most likely happen, I would think, is if you let the seller know what happened and they refund your payment. That way, you can resend the payment with the corrected address and they would still have their seller protection. The problem with this is I don't know whether the seller would be hit with double the fees. When I send refunds (for like combined shipping or such), eBay doesn't refund my fees. Only on Paypal's end do I see a refund for their fees.

The post below this one is redundant. Apparently, this post was invisible.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:52:02 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »
Message the seller and let them know what happened.

What I would recommend is having the seller refund your money, you change your PayPal address to the correct one, and then repay the seller.

The seller is not protected unless they send to the address that is on the payment, so they likely will refuse to send unless you repay.  (I don't think the address will be updated on Payment #1, even if you update your info with PayPal.  Which is why a new payment is necessary)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 01:28:01 PM »

What I would recommend is having the seller refund your money, you change your PayPal address to the correct one, and then repay the seller.

The seller is not protected unless they send to the address that is on the payment, so they likely will refuse to send unless you repay.  (I don't think the address will be updated on Payment #1, even if you update your info with PayPal.  Which is why a new payment is necessary)

This. ^

Message the seller & explain what happened, then initiate cancelling the transaction. If the buyer requests to cancel, eBay refunds the seller's fees, and the seller doesn't end up paying for a buyer's error. Then the seller can relist & you can purchase & pay using the correct address.

Alternatively some sellers will agree to send to a different address, although by eBay's rules they are not required or advised to send to any address other than the one in the payment because they lose their seller protection.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 01:46:30 PM »

This. ^

Message the seller & explain what happened, then initiate cancelling the transaction. If the buyer requests to cancel, eBay refunds the seller's fees, and the seller doesn't end up paying for a buyer's error. Then the seller can relist & you can purchase & pay using the correct address.

Alternatively some sellers will agree to send to a different address, although by eBay's rules they are not required or advised to send to any address other than the one in the payment because they lose their seller protection.

I said this a little further up. But, like I pointed out in my post, the seller may be hit with double the fees because of the refund and the resend. So, you may have to call eBay just in case.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 08:47:50 PM »
thanks for the advices: ) Its such a pain I cant actually get a hold of ebay or paypal and they have made a perfect looped up system that when I try to email about the issue they say either its paypal or ebay problem and then send me back to them. I have messaged the seller but haven't heard back yet.

Post Merge: April 08, 2017, 01:53:12 AM

Yippee seller said no worries she would post to my correct address :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:53:12 AM by nhal039 »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 05:19:34 AM »
That is great news! So glad you got that worked out so easily! Some sellers are really understanding!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 05:25:02 AM »
That's great news , thanks for the update :bigups:  I'm so glad your seller was understanding :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »

This. ^

I said this a little further up. But, like I pointed out in my post, the seller may be hit with double the fees because of the refund and the resend. So, you may have to call eBay just in case.
I explained the process to take so that the seller would not be hit with double fees. As you mentioned in your first post & again here, you were unsure if the seller would be hit with fees on both transactions. As long as the buyer initiates a cancellation, the seller will be refunded for the fees on that transaction. I have had many buyers cancel over the years, and fees were always refunded automatically.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 06:17:34 PM »
Quote from: kitkatvintage
link=topic=385614.msg1633868#msg1633868 date=1491783408

This. ^

I explained the process to take so that the seller would not be hit with double fees. As you mentioned in your first post & again here, you were unsure if the seller would be hit with fees on both transactions. As long as the buyer initiates a cancellation, the seller will be refunded for the fees on that transaction. I have had many buyers cancel over the years, and fees were always refunded automatically.

Sorry, I guess I haven't had any buyers wanting to cancel transactions so I haven't had a lot of experience with that. I just know eBay loves to keep fees and they don't refund them easily.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal