collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NOT FAIR EBAY!!!  (Read 2455 times)

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
NOT FAIR EBAY!!!
« on: April 05, 2017, 04:40:41 PM »
I purchased a "buy it now" lot of ponies with freaking bangles in it for 4.00.  The seller then cancelled my order and refunded me and relisted as an auction.  Can they do this?  How is this fair?

Offline tracyjason616

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NOT FAIR EBAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »
Not fair at all, had it happen to me too. All you can do is leave a neg which of course no one wants to do :(

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
I would leave a negative, too. It's up to the seller to have done their research ahead of time before making the listing. They shouldn't punish you for getting the deal. Shame on that seller.

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 07:05:59 PM »
I think I will leave a negative.  They first told me they "meant" to list as an auction but made a mistake, then they told ebay it was because the ponies were unable to stand up and were damaged.
Seriously upset. 

Watch out if you see an auction with a bangles, paradise and North Star.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 05:16:35 AM »
Ugh! really disappointing for you  :(   The seller seems like they are after more money. They changed their story twice already. If the seller  had really messed up with descriptions they should have contacted you first and let you know, given you the choice to go ahead with the purchase or get a refund, but  the seller just cancelled the sale, told you two different tales as to why and then relisted ? not good at all.
  I had a similar thing happen to me on ebay too -  I also left a neg feedback because they told me there was mistake and that they didn't have the items - and were stupid enough to relist the same items the same day they lied to me for 3 times the amount I paid  *eyeroll*  . I also reported the seller to ebay.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Its not fair, and I do hope you find another Bangles soon from a better seller :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:13:36 AM »
Leave feedback, report them to Ebay!  :(  *pony hugs* That's such an awful feeling.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 09:55:42 AM »
That's so shady  :devious:

I'm so sorry it happened to you.
I think they're basically begging for your negative feedback with that kind of behavior!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:39 PM »
Definitely a negative for that one. Urgh, greedy buttface.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 10:24:57 AM »
Ugggh I know the feeling, Iv had 6 auctions cancelled on me since January on Ebay UK and another just cancelled on me today, it's pretty sad to think another collector? must be checking completed auctions!

Babydoll~

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 07:49:50 PM »
That's super disappointing. Of course there's no way to prove that the seller isn't telling the truth - except that we've all seen this happen time and time again with pony listings. I'm sorry that happened to you and I'd be inclined to leave a negative, too, especially if it wasn't a seller I knew well enough to believe it was an honest mistake.

The MLP community used to be able to keep a really tight pulse on who was selling what on eBay, and of course we all knew each other's eBay names, but now there are so many non-collectors in the market too, and they're mostly the ones pulling this kind of crap.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »

but now there are so many non-collectors in the market too, and they're mostly the ones pulling this kind of crap.

I wouldn't bet money on that.  Not by a long shot.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »
Oh no...  Didn't realize there was a thread on here about it. I'm the one who won the relisted auction. I can tell you that so far the seller has sent me two "thank you" messages that gave me a weird vibe- can't really explain why, they just feel off- and hasn't shipped or said anything about shipping even though I paid on Wednesday... I might just be being paranoid but I've felt off about this lot since I bid. Definitely wouldn't have gone for it if I knew the seller was being shady. Sorry this happened, Gullideth. :(

Silverdawn, I do agree that there are lots of shady sellers, scammers, and liars within the collecting community who cause this kind of trouble too- but I definitely think this person isn't a collector. They didn't know the ponies' names, or the terms So Soft or even G1, so I'd say this is someone outside of the community.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 03:14:34 PM »
Silverdawn, I do agree that there are lots of shady sellers, scammers, and liars within the collecting community who cause this kind of trouble too- but I definitely think this person isn't a collector. They didn't know the ponies' names, or the terms So Soft or even G1, so I'd say this is someone outside of the community.

I think I misunderstood.  I thought dragonfly meant that it wasn't collectors who were offering sellers of closed auctions more money for their items.  Most collectors know the value of their items and, as sellers, aren't going to be persuaded by by requests like that.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:17:55 PM by silverdawn »

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 06:59:04 PM »
Oh no...  Didn't realize there was a thread on here about it. I'm the one who won the relisted auction. I can tell you that so far the seller has sent me two "thank you" messages that gave me a weird vibe- can't really explain why, they just feel off- and hasn't shipped or said anything about shipping even though I paid on Wednesday... I might just be being paranoid but I've felt off about this lot since I bid. Definitely wouldn't have gone for it if I knew the seller was being shady. Sorry this happened, Gullideth. :(

I hope you got your items, give Bangles my love when she arrives, lol!  The seller was so rude.  I had sent a message to him telling him that I would leave negative feedback due to his actions, he was very nasty about it and said he was a single dad with starving kids and do whatever he had to do to make more money and made me out to be the bad guy.  I gave him a chance to rectify the situation but he wasn't hearing it.  So it is what it is.  I won't ever bid on anything of his again, obviously.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 07:48:43 PM »
I hope this seller knows​ as well everytime he cancels a sale it leaves a mark against his metrics

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal