collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else like Little Live Pets?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Anyone else like Little Live Pets?
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:18:20 PM »
I bought a Little Live Pets Turtle out of curiosity, I was interested in the mechanics. I thought it was charming and cute, fun to put in the pool but I mostly just use it for display in front of my computer because it's so loud. I did try to show my partner's nephew but the poor little guy kept getting upset and rescuing it from the water, I think he thought I was trying to kill it haha! I'm tempted to get more designs, but not in any rush.

The Hedgehogs looked fascinating so I bought one, I loved it but thought it would be more interactive if it had another to run around with and bump into... so I bought the rest when they went on sale (I'm such a sucker for 'collect them all' when they're so cute!). It's mayhem when I set them all off together, I love it rofl!

Then the other day I saw someone local selling two mice and a house 2nd hand for cheap. I jumped on the chance even though I had decided the mice didn't interest me much, it was a very good price.. Well, after I had cleaned them up and turned them on they were a laugh, the cat stared at them but didn't bother attacking. My partner begs me to turn them off because wow they make the weirdest noises... I want more mice!

I've not got any of the birds, I'm more interested in the Little Live Pets that move (except the frog and butterfly) but the birds are still cute. I hopefully won't amass too big of a collection, but I'd like to see more waves of the Hedgehogs and I might get some more mice and turtles at some point. (I really just need a small pet of my own. I'm keen to get dogs and cats when we have our own place, but I think I'm desperate to bring rats back into my life asap!)

So, does anyone else have any Little Live Pets? Please share, especially if you've got opinions on the birds that might make me cave and buy one lol.  :biggrin:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else like Little Live Pets?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:00:15 AM »
I've got one of those! I have the blue bird one, and I like to sing song lyrics and have it repeat them back (it's entertaining for a while!). I got it for my birthday last year, and I've been wondering about getting another one some time, the mouse one looks cute.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 11:51:05 PM »
Aww sweet, the birds sure are cute, maybe I should reconsider them after all. The cages they sit in are darling as well. Maybe my singing will sound better repeated back to from a toy lol.

I saw the Owl & Baby set and thought it was quite cute, then I saw that they'll be releasing Ducks soon, I am already completely sold on the yellow duck... I need it!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 07:54:28 AM »

I must have that duck!  :)
A quick Google search shows there's a pink one too and I know what I want for my birthday this year now lol

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »

I must have that duck!  :)
A quick Google search shows there's a pink one too and I know what I want for my birthday this year now lol

They are adorable aren't they? I've been wondering, do the birds flap their wings? I know the Cleverkeets do (plus their head and body, which makes me want one lol), but do the smaller birds?
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 05:00:27 AM »

They are adorable aren't they? I've been wondering, do the birds flap their wings? I know the Cleverkeets do (plus their head and body, which makes me want one lol), but do the smaller birds?
Not really. On the one I've got, the wing is attached at one end but not the other, but they don't really flap, and there's not a mechanism that does it. I keep forgetting to take photos of mine to put on this thread!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 05:46:00 AM »

Not really. On the one I've got, the wing is attached at one end but not the other, but they don't really flap, and there's not a mechanism that does it. I keep forgetting to take photos of mine to put on this thread!

Cheers, I'm going to hunt down a blue Cleverkeet because he just looks so darling. ^.^
I'd love to see pics of your pets. ^.^ I should take photos too, maybe make a gif of my hedgehogs going crazy lol.

I'm tempted to get another turtle and see if their shells are swappable. I think it's just a few screws holding them on, but removing might affect their buoyancy. Hmmm...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:47:42 AM by Tulips »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 12:55:53 PM »
my cousin had one of the butterflies, and it was probably the most boring of all of the Little Live Pets ^^; it was pretty, though!
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 10:11:23 AM »
My kids love them. We have one mouse, two hedgehogs, two parakeets, and two mom and baby owl sets. Out of all of them I think the mouse is the most entertaining. I love the owls also. So pretty! I'd love to get a mommy duck and a ducking!
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline Sukey

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 02:01:36 PM »
These things are so cute! I have two sets of owls- the blue ones and the white with purple ones. I was excited when the store my hubby works at for them in at a discounted rate! I had been eyeing them at Wal-mart, but thought they were too expensive for me.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 06:15:57 PM »
I found one of these at a thrift store, no idea what it was so I left it.

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 05:18:07 PM »
I have one of the parakeets! It fills the bird-shaped hole in my heart since I can't have a real one right now.

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »
My friend's little girl is obsessed with the parakeets from this line. I think she has at least four or five different ones, and they have to all be sitting in a row to watch her do anything before she'll do it (in particular, she lines them up on the buffet in the living room to watch her "fly" off the couch arm into the ottoman; she also pretends that they give her advice on flapping her "wings"). They're pretty cute, but her dad has let the batteries run out on purpose, because they were just constantly making noise otherwise.

Reminds me a bit of when I was a kid with my Furby. haha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal