collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I finally got a job.  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I finally got a job.
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:16:30 AM »
Well, after three or even four years, but I finally managed to find a way to make a living for myself and please my family about my situation. It's administration at our town's old sweets shop. Or more like sweets factory, to be honest, the shop part has been closed down because no customers.

The two practice days went smoothly enough, and I just came back from my first real day at work, and I'm worried because I was mostly left alone to do all the things. And when I'm nervous I mess things up, and I have a lot of things to be responsible for. Taking different companies' orders for tomorrow to deliver, putting them into the PC (using an old, OLD DOS program), and then printing out the papers. Lots of room for little errors and I still need to get comfortable in using all the things and getting into the 'groove'.

I just hope my boss is tolerant of my messups, I already did tiny miscalculations that we could fix together afterwards but today something almost slipped past our attention and I'm worried something major may slip past it that could end in a disaster. Otherwise, its five minutes from where I live with cycle, and the job times are flexible so once I'm done with the daily routine (circa three hours) and there is nothing else to do I can go home. Friday I only had to work a whopping four hours, which was great.

I won't put down my dream of making money online, though. If anything, this could actually serve as an incentive for a backup plan. Now that I have some stable income, I don't feel the pressure of time anymore, which is great.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: I finally got a job.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:37:17 AM »
Congrats on your new job! It sounds ideal for what you want!

Hey, everyone makes little mistakes at first, I get the feeling you're going to be just fine!

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:46:13 AM »
Congrats to you, it sounds like you are excited! I agree don't worry to much about mistakes, that's just natural the first month or two of any job. I had a similar job a few years ago putting orders into a computer for a book publisher and I did a few big mistakes haha, but they never got mad at me. Ask questions all the time, even tiny ones, it's the easiest way to avoid mistakes (in my experience) Do you get any free candy? I hope you are enjoying the job!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:05:38 AM »
Congrats! :D
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
Well done, congratulations! I got a job recently after 18 months of being under employed. I'm scared of making mistakes too, I think it's harder at first you have so much new stuff to take in.  My family were also very pleased!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:22:17 AM »
Congrats.  I'm sure after a while you'll be in the full swing of things and all will be well.  So nice that it's near home.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 11:42:03 AM »
That's great news! Congratulations on such a big accomplishment. I wish you luck in your new endeavor.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 02:39:30 PM »
Congrats on the job.

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 02:15:55 AM »
Congrats! I think the job being near your home and withn flexible hours make it so nice :D

Offline Lore-Lei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 07:43:14 AM »
Thank you all very much for your kind responses. It feels great to actually have something accomplished.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 12:22:20 PM »
The job sounds pretty awesome, congrats!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 04:12:23 AM »
Congrats ;)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Remember, you're not going to be expected to know everything on your first day, week, or even couple of months. It's a learning process. We all make mistakes when we're new at something. Do your best and learn from any mess-ups, and be honest and acknowledge when you need help fixing a mistake. If the company or boss isn't okay with that, then this might not be a job you want after all.

Different jobs have different learning curves but I'm sure you'll be a pro in no time. I hope this even lowers your stress level so you can focus on building toward your ultimate dream job.

Offline Lore-Lei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 06:51:58 AM »
Thanks for the kind words once more. And... I don't want to turn such cheery topic into WYP territory but I may just be scammed. My contract says I'm in for working 20hours a MONTH. But allegedly it's only 'on paper'. The fact that you can put '...on paper' after everything rubs me the wrong way a lot. And my brother's classmate who worked there told that my boss doesn't like to pay people. It may well be that she'll just pay that twenty hours worth in the end of the month (practically nothing) and will not pay the rest, which also was the reason the girl after her (and before me) left after hardly a month. A track record like that ain't reassuring, and explains the company being on the edge of shutting down altogether.

On the other hand, if they really plan on opening the shop area back up, they absolutely need me, so I think I have some room for 'negotiation' should things go awry. I don't want to let this opportunity pass, but I don't want to be used either.

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 07:14:26 AM »
Congrats! I hope it's not a scam and it works out for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal