collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Packaging Issue  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Packaging Issue
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:45:52 AM »
I bought a MLP G3/G4 lot on German "Mamikreisel" which is a site similar to ebay but catering to young families.

I paid for the lot and included the following message: "Would you please wrap the following items *insert list of 4 animal friends* individually in white tissue paper to avoid any paint damage? Thank you very much!"

Their reply: "I have already thrown everything into a plastic bag."

My answer: "I have bought the lot for the items listed above, and I wouldn't want those items to incur any damage during transit. The parcel has not been dispatched, yet, it shouldn't be a problem to fix the packaging."

No further reply from them, although I can see that they have been online and have read my answer.

I am fearing for the worst ... Here is a picture of the lot. Can you imagine the possible damage if thrown into a plastic bag and put into a parcel like that? :( (I bought the lot for the G4 Riding Along sets and the G4 Animal Friends and I had planned to resell the rest.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:50:02 AM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Packaging Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:49:53 AM »
Dont worry too much... G3 and G4 things are pretty sturdy, there will hopefully not happen too much. Crossing my fingers for you!
Id though insist on her to answer your question! Ask again!
This kinda happens often...Non-collectors dont see too much of a problem since the toys probably lives through being thrown into the toybox many times. Reminds me of "I unpacked the MOC for you to save on postage!" ... there goes MOC Firefly and Dancing Butterflies *sigh*

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:35:20 AM »
Dont worry too much... G3 and G4 things are pretty sturdy, there will hopefully not happen too much.

Like I said, I bought the lot for the G4 Riding Along sets and the G4 Animal Friends. The Riding Along sets are virtually "unbreakable", so I wasn't worrying about them to begin with. However, the Animal Friends are prone to paint damages: as soon as something painted touches them, the paint rubs off on them and is virtually irremoveable without taking off the paint of the animal friends as well. :(

This kinda happens often...Non-collectors dont see too much of a problem since the toys probably lives through being thrown into the toybox many times.

Their "I've already thrown them into a plastic bag and I can't be bothered to sacrifice two minutes of my lifetime to wrap them for you"-attitude infuriates me. If somebody asked me to wrap something carefully - thereby even saving me the trouble to wrap every single item out of a huge lot - I'd gladly do so.

Crossing my fingers for you!

Thank you! ^.^

Reminds me of "I unpacked the MOC for you to save on postage!" ... there goes MOC Firefly and Dancing Butterflies *sigh*

Please tell me this isn't true! :shocked: Even non-collectors cannot be that stupid ...I'd never unpack an item or change it in any way from the auction pictures. You sell something as pictured, it's as simple as that.

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 07:10:49 AM »
Hm I wish you all the best for the animal friends! I hope they will not "run around" in the package too much, maybe youre lucky and they are stuck between the bigger items! :) Crossing my fingers for you!!

Mamikreisel in general is difficult when it comes to damages and such. I dont know how it is these days but I bought some pony items last year and one of the (the G4 train set) came to me not working. It wasnt damaged during shipping, it was just not working (ah and the small pony on the front of the train was broken...). And did they do anything? Nope... I tried messaging the seller, no luck. They just said "It worked when I had it." and the mamikreisel.de team just told me I should try talking to them again. Nothing else. Gave them negative feedback. They had it deleted because they claimed "It worked when I had it." Lol... yeah. Its a nice platform in general but when it comes to buyers safety there is not much they do :/

Reminds me of "I unpacked the MOC for you to save on postage!" ... there goes MOC Firefly and Dancing Butterflies *sigh*

Please tell me this isn't true! :shocked: Even non-collectors cannot be that stupid ...I'd never unpack an item or change it in any way from the auction pictures. You sell something as pictured, it's as simple as that.
[/quote]

yes sadly that happened. I had just re-started collecting back then (2004) and it was an Ebay auction, I mean two seperate ones lol. No pics just the name of the pony and no description on each, both same seller (still dont know why I even bid lol). I paid then the seller messaged me what I said before. They were MOC... and they unpacked then!! gosh... they didnt even save the darn card or brush!!! GAAAAH! Lol. Nowadays I can laugh about it but back then... man.
I even had a seller cutting the backcard to make it smaller o.o "Because it didnt fit into the package"... or that man throwing away the box of Grooming Parlor because "it was old" ... I only bought it for the box lol. Or that one using the original box from Show stable to pack said playset o.o it was over and over damaged with duct tape when it arrived -_- Lol.
Sometimes I though think you make it worse the more you ask for better packaging... I had it happen that sellers backed of from a bargain I got because I asked for save packaging. They might have sensed it was worth more than the ebay auction gave lol. Some made up pretty funny stories why they now just could not sell it like "Oh the dog chewed ot it!!!!" or "Oh noooooo, my daughter has accidentally given it away to a kid" blablabla.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »
I remember the "I unpacked the MOC for you" thing!  Also another one where the seller had a picture of MOC Glory with a yellowed bubble.  The auction said "I took the pony out to see if she was white.  Yep!  Still pure white."  *cries*

I also remember a seller who packed rocks, yes, literal rocks, with Mimic.  Something to do with postage from UPS being less if the package weighed MORE?  But yes.  And they didn't put them in a baggie or separate them from Mimic in any way.  The weird thing about that one was it was someone who sold ponies pretty regularly, I think they were a collector too.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 04:28:29 AM »
I have nothing extra to add other than  I hope that everything arrives ok! I would not be happy with that seller response (and then the lack of response after your reply!) :(
TBH I'm face-palming right now  :facepalm:    *shudders at memory of what some people think is acceptable and helpful..like deboxing MOCs* :yikes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:31:50 AM »
did the items arrive in the meantime? Everything fine with it?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal