collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No pony left behind  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: No pony left behind
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2017, 04:42:35 AM »
I used to have a "no pony left behind" policy, but as I'm now hip deep in them I am more selective. I still won't leave G1s at a thrift store, but I'll only pick up certain G3s and none mane 6 G 4s ( or fashion style size, as they seem to sell well. )

Elf

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2017, 07:24:45 AM »
I'm with most other people here - toy fairs and antique markets, unless it's rare or one I don't have, it has to stay. Charity shops, bootsales etc unless it is super common and baity it stays behind. G1s are never left behind :D Though to be fair if I haven't bought anything or am feeling flush I will buy anything. *looks at overflowing pony doubles box*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 12:13:01 PM »
SundanceSadie, that totally makes sense to me! :) I also have a tendency to prefer rescuing things I collect from poor conditions, and have caught myself buying something I already had and didn't need, just because of sad circumstances, several times :blush:

If found at second hand shops or charity shops I never leave behind any G1 or G2 ponies, regardless of condition. They are usually priced decently in these places (e.g. a G1 pony will never be priced higher just because of its age and availability, a G4 pony and a G1 baby will have about the same price, as they are about the same size and have the same function, meaning they are both toy ponies).

If at flea markets, from people who sell them for profit and thus often overprice them, I do leave them behind, even if I don't have them yet. I am usually good at keeping the limits of what is the price I am willing to pay for a pony, and if they are more expensive than this I don't have an issue leaving them behind. I know I wouldn't be able to enjoy them, and everytime I looked at them I could only see the high price I paid if I bought them.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 11:14:10 AM »
No G1 left behind unless it's common and overpriced. 

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »
Some of my best gen one ponies have come from free, or junk boxes, they are dirty but never left behind. Every last one I have gotten have cleaned up very well. I know a few venders, and get a good deal from them too.

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2017, 12:12:35 AM »
 :biggrin: I have never left a pony behind! Especially when G1's that are in pretty good condition are only a dollar apiece. That was a really great day for me.
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2017, 05:34:40 AM »
I usually take everything that I don't have or think that I can make someone happy with. And that counts for all gens. I do not need to take all peachy, blossom and the whole g3 core 7.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2017, 08:21:04 AM »
My policy was always that I would take any G1 home with me, leaving one behind was unthinkable. However, I think I have enough manky Cherries Jubilees now, I left at least three of those behind in the last couple of years. I'm afraid I'm a lousy pony mum. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »
I don't think I could leave and G1, G2, or G3 behind. G3.5, G4, I could probably let someone else have. I've brought home ponies in all conditions- just as long as they're not overpriced, I'm fine with it.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »
I leave them behind all the time unless they are a highly favored pony for me.  Most of the time I can't justify more and more as usually the ones I find are in abundance on ebay and don't sell really.  If it is a pony I don't have I grab it, but I have noticed lately they are asking more and more for G1's so someone must realize they are collectible now. Argh

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
I snagged a firefly at vv yesterday, and this topic was on my mind. At first I thought I might already have her, but I wanted to yoink her anyway. Good news is I don't have her! I had Baby firefly.. So now I have my first complete mommy/baby set. Sometimes it pays to leave no pony behind!

Everytime I go to vv I have dragonflys words ringing in my head.. "I can spot a G1 bum from a mile away.."

wishlist

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »
I can barely leave a McD pony or bad condition G4 behind and only if it's in a bag of junk with nothing else I want.

Everything else, is coming with me.

Dragonfly, those poor one-eyed G2s!  I barely care if gems are missing; it's so easy to stick in a Zirconia.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 07:58:38 PM »
All G1s and G2s come home with me.  :)  Doesn't matter the condition; I've brought some pretty manky g1s home.  And, honestly, I find g1s *slightly* more than I do g2s - so both are relatively rare in this area.

I will leave behind Core 7 and common g3s: Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Starswirl, etc.  However, all G3 unicorns and pegasus tend to come home.

I only bring home fashion style g4s and uncommon ones (special editions and one-off characters.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2017, 01:56:52 AM »
All G1s come home with me no matter the condition or whether I have it already. 80s ponies are so rare to stumble upon in the wild around here that I just couldn't leave them behind. I found a nice pile of ponies last week at Goodwill but I only bought the G1s and left behind the G3s. It used to be I'd take home ANY pony (even McPonies in the toy bin :P ) and anything MLP related --- puzzles, books, games, playsets. Now I try to limit myself to stuff I don't have in my collection. I recently left behind three BAB ponies from Goodwill because I had all of them and they'd been priced at a whopping $10 each!!  :yikes:  I usually leave behind G3.5 and Ponyville now since I'm not so interested in those anymore. I do pick up a G4 if it's one I've never seen before and also because they don't take up too much room lol :silly:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:56 AM »
I left behind an apple jack BAB the other day and I still feel a little bad. I don't like apple jack but.. BABs are so pricey..

Well, I'm packing anyway. She would have taken up too much room  :P

wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal