collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No pony left behind  (Read 3728 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
No pony left behind
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »
Which type (who am I kidding - types :D) of pony can you never leave behind if you find at a boot sale, secondhand shop etc?

I used to never leave any behind. In recent years, I will never leave a G1, even baits, or good condition G3.

I will leave one-eyes G2s, duplicates of any gen besides G1, McDonald's ponies, fakies and bait G3s. G4s depends on my mood.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: No pony left behind
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 07:01:47 PM »
I can't leave G1 behind.  Usually G2 as well, unless they're asking a ridiculous price for them.  Any G4s I don't have will be picked up too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 07:04:00 PM »
I really only leave behind mcdonald's ponies, I'll take anything else because at the very least I can make it into a custom. I have a few bait ready ponies I keep in my closet that I've collected from goodwill.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »
g1s. i always grab them, no matter the condition, even if i dont want them. Id much rather have them safe and sound on my shelf than in the mouth of a toddler or something. Many of my baby ponies have come into my collection this way, i dont want nearly any of them- but i grab them anyway! i got a mail order ember this way...i didnt even realize it was her i just grabbed it and ran.

i leave many g3s behind, and i will almost never take home a g4. ive yet to see a g2 in the wild, but i would likely not pass it up.

wishlist

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »
I wouldn't be able to leave any pony behind that is on my want list, or I might of owned as a child... or some of the later year ponies like Sweetheart sisters, teeny tinies, etc.

I can leave other G1s. I remember once I left a baby crumpet at the thrift store then a day later someone here made a brag about it. :) I felt much better that pony went to someone who wanted it... I would of just flipped it.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 07:34:31 PM »
It may sound strange, and this only applies to G1 ponies, but it really depends on how they're being presented. I can rationalize walking away if they're being displayed as collectibles because I feel like someone who will appreciate them will get them.

On the other hand...I recently bought G1 ponies I didn't really need because they were displayed on the ground (in the dirt) at a swap meet. I also took home another that day that was squished up in a box and baking in the Florida sun. I just couldn't walk away and leave them to that fate...I had to rescue them!

Hope that doesn't sound too silly  :redface:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 07:39:46 PM »
It may sound strange, and this only applies to G1 ponies, but it really depends on how they're being presented. I can rationalize walking away if they're being displayed as collectibles because I feel like someone who will appreciate them will get them.

On the other hand...I recently bought G1 ponies I didn't really need because they were displayed on the ground (in the dirt) at a swap meet. I also took home another that day that was squished up in a box and baking in the Florida sun. I just couldn't walk away and leave them to that fate...I had to rescue them!

Hope that doesn't sound too silly  :redface:

this is true!!! if i went to like, an antique store and saw a case full of g1s, id only pick my favorite of the bunch-or none at all if theyre overpriced ; )

but everytime i see g1s at the thrift store or at a swap meet i scoop them up. my collection is pretty small, im always looking to add more in general, even if they arent on my wishlist.

wishlist

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »
Anypony I don't have. My goal is at some point in my life, before I shuffle off, to have at least one of every my little pony toy, set, etc. Ever made.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »
I haven't been put to the test yet (the secondhand pony market around here is kind of nonexistent XD), but I get the feeling that I'd have to take ANY G1 home, regardless of their condition or whether or not I have them already.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
G1s I take home if they are at the flea or yard sales, unless I know another collector is planning on going there that day. :)

If they are in an antique store, it kind of depends; if they are reasonably priced and in fecent condition, and if I haven't found any in that store before, I buy at least one.   That way the seller knows someone in the area buys them, and will keep bringing them. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 09:28:40 PM »
I do not like to leave anything behind! Unless the price is outrageous like $10 for a peachy.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 11:19:41 PM »
I used to leave no pony behind but I was drowning in G3's for a while and I don't actively collect them so I stopped buying them. For G4 I only buy non mane six and usually only if there are more than 1 in the bag. Since I have all the G4's so the extras are for custom bait or reselling. I wasn't picking up G2's but then I started to because I thought one day I might get into them and regret not getting them. For the most part I buy every G1 except recently I left behind a Peachy because I have like 5 and I left an Up Up and Away because I already have 2. At the Antique Mall I only bought 3 of the 15 or so because they were higher priced. 

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 11:40:09 PM »
No G1 left behind, as long as they're not overpriced.  Overpriced ponies aren't likely to wind up in some kid's grubby mitts anyways.  (Nothing against kids, but they're messy and put stuff in their mouths all the time, and G1's don't meet modern safety standards.  They're better off with older kids and/or collectors.)
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 02:00:42 AM »
Which type (who am I kidding - types :D) of pony can you never leave behind if you find at a boot sale, secondhand shop etc?

G1, but these days it depends on the price. I DO leave them behind often now, at the toy fair, because otherwise I would have a lot of common ponies and no money. The prices are often stupid for these.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 02:42:35 AM »
I can't leave any ponies behind because it's so rare that I find them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal