collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What new things are people learning about Collecting Ponies?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: What new things are people learning about Collecting Ponies?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 09:08:32 PM »
The saddest thing I learned about ponies is that G4 Neon Rainbow Power hair bleeds colors into the body :(

Really? That's bad. Which ones exactly?

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »
oh I have had a couple of rough learning curves, the most tramatic one was to learn the symbols from brazil ponies can literally rub off so no scrubbing with tooth brushes.

Also the heat symbols don't like hot water :/

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
I just recently learned that hydrogen peroxide doesn't always leave your ponies looking nice and white again. Poor Blossomforth.

When I first started collecting, I thought G1s were really rare and worth a lot of money. Now I've learned that some of them are really cheap to obtain in good shape.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
I've recently been learning about all the fiddly bits I'll need to find if I really want to fulfill the idea of being a "completionist." ^^; And some of said fiddly bits can be pricy! :yikes:  I'm also learning that the hunt for said fiddly bits (and other ponies) is a lot of fun! And makes your "watching" list very long! :awake:

Sadly, when I first started collecting as an adult, I learned the hard way that so soft flocking will come off if you wash one of those ponies with warm water. Poor Wind Whistler... She looked so pretty, only had that funky chunk of crusty red I-don't-know-what between her wings... :cry: (Looked like petrified sugar; came off like petrified sugar, too. And then so did the flocking. Why yes, I did literally scream when that happend, however did you guess?)

I also have learned of the nirvana ponies! And the wiki has so many gorgeous ponies pictured...  :satisfied:

Edit to add: I also learned that G1 line continued for at least two years after my local TRU stopped carrying them. Movie Firefly was the one of the last ponies I remember seeing at the store beforfe the ponies just vanished without a trace. And then I promptly  lost interest in going to the toy store until I got more into video games - and the G3 line happened. :lol:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:38:24 PM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal