collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404671 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1950 on: January 14, 2020, 02:23:45 PM »
that surprises me, i’ve only ever seen hate/general dislike for it :0
I'm an avid fan of it as well, I've only ever seen extreme opinions, not so much general thoughts or an "eh".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 14, 2020, 03:27:37 PM »
unpopular opinion: i LOVE the whizzer pose, its one of my favorites. and for g3 i like the crystal lace pose a lot. theyre fairly similar imo so that’s probably why hah. everyone seems to hate them though 😔

I like the Whizzer pose too. Its not an unpopular pose however.

First I've heard of it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: January 15, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »

I like the Whizzer pose too. Its not an unpopular pose however.

First I've heard of it.
[/quote]

Same 0_o That pose is so cute!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1953 on: January 15, 2020, 06:13:42 PM »
I'm an avid fan of it as well, I've only ever seen extreme opinions, not so much general thoughts or an "eh".

I think it frustrates people because they fall over forwards if the toes aren't right, but I like it too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 16, 2020, 07:10:43 AM »
Have mentioned that I have nothing against Daring Do being a real pony?  Because I don't.

I get how there are other ways they could have done it, but I'm fine with it how it is - I view it is a like a Clark Kent/Superman kind of thing, and it often leads to fun adventurous episodes which I enjoy.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 17, 2020, 07:46:14 PM »

I think it frustrates people because they fall over forwards if the toes aren't right, but I like it too.
To me, the biggest problem with it is that it makes the pony appear much taller when placed next to another pony.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 06, 2020, 08:56:37 AM »
I have mocked g4 for having so few dynamic poses. This is actually incorrect and hypocritical.

All generations consist of ponies in stationary poses.

And while it's true that they have different head and body moulds and may be lifting a leg or turning their head, or shifting their stance, the stationary poses FAR outnumber the moving poses.

Not just in the ratio of standers to movers, BUT in the sheer number made. You have more ponies made on the Crumpet and Wysteria poses, then you do on the Sugarberry and Whistle Wishes poses.

The G3 Pegasus are the rare and probably only exception to this thus far, where the flyers outnumber the standers.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about G2 to include them, so hopefully G2 fans will chime in.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:08:07 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #1957 on: February 08, 2020, 09:40:47 AM »
I really like G2s! Dainty Dove was my first pony ever and I think G2s are just so elegant and beautiful (granted, the magic motion ones with the mechanism in the neck do look a little weird . . . giraffe ponies :p).

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 08, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »
I really like G2s! Dainty Dove was my first pony ever and I think G2s are just so elegant and beautiful (granted, the magic motion ones with the mechanism in the neck do look a little weird . . . giraffe ponies :p).

AAA I love G2s as well! And I also agree about that weird magic motion neck, somewhat of an eyesore.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 09, 2020, 05:28:53 AM »
White ponies with blue manes look boring. Including Majesty.
I only have two exceptions, Dangles and Denim Blue. The rest can croak :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 09, 2020, 06:42:10 AM »
White ponies with blue manes look boring. Including Majesty.
I only have two exceptions, Dangles and Denim Blue. The rest can croak :lol:

Denim Blue has such pretty hair

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 09, 2020, 07:53:57 PM »
I adore Beddy Bye Eye babies. I have the complete set already, but every time I see one, I want it. I naturally have a few duplicates, and its reasonable self control that has thus far kept it to only a few duplicates! I just really love them. I think they are sweet and cannot understand why they creep so many people out.
:happy: :awake: :enthralled: :accomplished: :good:

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 09, 2020, 10:08:28 PM »
I think all those exotic Argentinian/Greek/Venezuelan/Zimbabwean etc. variants are really overrated. I mean, if it's just the same pony in a whole new pose then it can actually be interesting (for example I have to admit that Wind Whistler in the Surprise pose works really well), but what's the point of completely altering a pony's colors and sometimes even race? That's like pretty much a completely different character at this point. Let's just imagine a little girl somewhere in South America really likes North Star in the cartoon and asks her mom to buy her a North Star toy, buy instead she gets some weird yellow earth pony. What is even the point? Wouldn't Hasbro want to keep their copyrighted characters consistent across different markets? I could never understand this.
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1963 on: February 10, 2020, 09:20:12 AM »
I think all those exotic Argentinian/Greek/Venezuelan/Zimbabwean etc. variants are really overrated. I mean, if it's just the same pony in a whole new pose then it can actually be interesting (for example I have to admit that Wind Whistler in the Surprise pose works really well), but what's the point of completely altering a pony's colors and sometimes even race? That's like pretty much a completely different character at this point. Let's just imagine a little girl somewhere in South America really likes North Star in the cartoon and asks her mom to buy her a North Star toy, buy instead she gets some weird yellow earth pony. What is even the point? Wouldn't Hasbro want to keep their copyrighted characters consistent across different markets? I could never understand this.

I wonder how widely the TV show was aired in those places, and also whether it happened at the time the toys were available, I don't think that's a connection since the TV show isn't as important everywhere.

Also here it wasn't uncommon for the species thing to happen. Like Songster and Player were drawn in the comic with wings because of the  US prototype but were ultimately earth ponies :/

But I sort of agree and disagree. I started off with variants a long time back before the word nirvana was used and I still don't really like it as a term, but I'm not mad crazy about all the gazillions of variants that are now out there. I mean, they're great, but they're not really for me now. I like a few but I prefer to be selective with them and not go nuts about trying to get whole sets.

Though I love the Brazilian versions of pretty much any of them, pose difference or species difference or whatever.

So maybe I'm a hypocrite, who knows.

Can't understand the hype on the Takara ponies though. I saw one on a Japanese sale site for 250,000 yen this morning. This is what Western obsession has done to the price market, as they used to be much cheaper there - but it's all because people in the West are nuts enough to spend four figures on them and the Japanese have learned as much. Even as someone who speaks Japanese, loves Japan and Japanese culture/history/etc, I think they're ugly little moomins and hugely overrated and overpriced.

I just wish I'd hoarded them back before everyone got clued up about them, because it'd have paid my university fees last year :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Perikoala

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1964 on: February 10, 2020, 01:18:22 PM »
Can't understand the hype on the Takara ponies though. I saw one on a Japanese sale site for 250,000 yen this morning. This is what Western obsession has done to the price market, as they used to be much cheaper there - but it's all because people in the West are nuts enough to spend four figures on them and the Japanese have learned as much. Even as someone who speaks Japanese, loves Japan and Japanese culture/history/etc, I think they're ugly little moomins and hugely overrated and overpriced.

Pretty much what happened with other "nirvana" ponies. I can only speak in the case of Spain. Most collectors here cannot afford the current prices Spanish ponies are sold, unless they are literally destroyed. It's cheaper buying ponies from abroad. And about piggies, I still don't understand how a doll that is for son long considered fake and ugly & had no value, people fight today and raise prices ridiculously and all because one day they discovered that it had the rainbow logo. Lipstick on a pig...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal