collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404819 times)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1875 on: November 30, 2019, 07:19:08 PM »
All mine are second hand - I never saw them from new but they're not my favourite set so I don't know if I would have bought them. I have had a few with very pungent smell though. I remember Butter Kiss's smell vividly because I bought a lot from the US and she perfumed the whole box kindly for me. I eventually sold her to someone who was actually happy she still had her scent...and I was thrilled to no longer have her in my trade box xD.

The worst one is Chocolate Chip/Coco Berry, though. Although she is also the prettiest (at least the HK one is) in the set as far as I am concerned, so she hides her deadly behind her beauty.

*shiver*

I think the only one with a vaguely bearable scent (for me) is Sorbet Surprise/Sherbet
I have Coco Berry, and I couldn't remember if it was because I soaked her but she smelled something awful. It could be age, since I've heard some people do like it, but I wouldn't know. My Sherbet no longer has her scent either. That's too bad that they age so awful because of it often times and it isn't even worth it! XD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 24, 2019, 07:31:55 PM »
All mine are second hand - I never saw them from new but they're not my favourite set so I don't know if I would have bought them. I have had a few with very pungent smell though. I remember Butter Kiss's smell vividly because I bought a lot from the US and she perfumed the whole box kindly for me. I eventually sold her to someone who was actually happy she still had her scent...and I was thrilled to no longer have her in my trade box xD.

The worst one is Chocolate Chip/Coco Berry, though. Although she is also the prettiest (at least the HK one is) in the set as far as I am concerned, so she hides her deadly behind her beauty.

*shiver*

I think the only one with a vaguely bearable scent (for me) is Sorbet Surprise/Sherbet

What does Sherbert smell like?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1877 on: December 26, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »

*shiver*

Coconut. At least, mine does...it's meant to be grape, but...I never smelt a grape that smelt like that..O.o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 26, 2019, 12:58:06 PM »

*shiver*

Coconut. At least, mine does...it's meant to be grape, but...I never smelt a grape that smelt like that..O.o

How...how does grape get confused with coconut?  :blink:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 26, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »

*shiver*

How...how does grape get confused with coconut?  :blink:

Ask. Hasbro. ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »
They should lay off the mai tais during production then Taf.  :lol:

I like the G4 Merponies better then the G1 and 3.5 Merponies. I just wish they'd given us proper character distribution. The only thing the mane suxx mers are good for, is customizing.

That being said, I do own pearly mer-Rainbowdash because of her amazingly thick, (if coarse) hair and pearly mer-Fluttershy because I do like her color scheme, she hasn't annoyed me by being constantly packed in and her hair is soft. I also didn't have any of her at all.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:59:52 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1881 on: December 27, 2019, 08:17:55 AM »
You have a soft haired Fluttershy LaW? I'm surprised they exist. :P I would have loved to see more merponies, like Salina Blue truly being released.
I cleaned up a 2011 ish Fluttershy with tinsel in her hair and she's absolutely adorable with it. I'm surprised by just how much tinsel can make me love a pony.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 27, 2019, 08:40:35 AM »
You have a soft haired Fluttershy LaW? I'm surprised they exist. :P I would have loved to see more merponies, like Salina Blue truly being released.
I cleaned up a 2011 ish Fluttershy with tinsel in her hair and she's absolutely adorable with it. I'm surprised by just how much tinsel can make me love a pony.

That's her name! I always forget her name.

I didn't know Fluttershy was prone to un-soft hair? 

I'd like to see your picture of Tinselly Fluttershy pretty please? I like tinsel.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:23:04 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1883 on: January 02, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »
Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion, but G4 Star Swirl and G4 Blossomforth are MUCH better than their G3 selves. I have some nostalgia for G3 Star Swirl but Blossomforth was so boring.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 02, 2020, 10:48:49 AM »
Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion, but G4 Star Swirl and G4 Blossomforth are MUCH better than their G3 selves. I have some nostalgia for G3 Star Swirl but Blossomforth was so boring.

Blossomforth would probably have stood out more if not for the six hundred other white/pink combo G3 that followed her.

I really love G4 Starswirl and probably agree with you on G4 Blossomforth, tbh. I like G3 Starswirl for nostalgia reasons but G4 Starswirl is one of the prettiest G4 brushables IMO.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 02, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
Despite being a victim of the horrible black market jaw trade, I do like the green/blue unipeg and would love to see her, whoever she is, in a more horsey and jaw-friendly generation.

As an aside I don't understand people's issue whenever a new unipeg/winged unicorn/alicorn whatever, is revealed.  No one complains when its a new toy in another species.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:23:17 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1886 on: January 02, 2020, 01:33:51 PM »
As an aside I don't understand people's issue whenever a new unipeg/winged unicorn/alicorn whatever, is revealed.  No one complains when its a new toy in another species.
It's a complaint because it makes alicorns less "special" or whatever. Or, like, "there are only 2/3 alicorns" depending on who you talk to when the Twilicorn thing was strong.
The pony life ponies are surprisingly nice quality, I'm officially all on the pony life train. Choo choo!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 02, 2020, 01:49:21 PM »
It's a complaint because it makes alicorns less "special" or whatever. Or, like, "there are only 2/3 alicorns" depending on who you talk to when the Twilicorn thing was strong.
The pony life ponies are surprisingly nice quality, I'm officially all on the pony life train. Choo choo!

Still seems petty to me. That's like griping about how the Windy Wings or the lone changeling who isn't queen Crysalis makes Summer Wings and Queen Crysalis un-special. Personally I'd like to see more of the lesser species.

I'm glad your enjoying your PL toys.

*hands tailleaf engineer hat*

Post Merge: January 02, 2020, 02:00:36 PM

I agree partly. Though G1 Star Swirl is the best. Those color swirl girls rock! I like the colors of G4 Blossomforth. They remind me of Baby Dipper and Zippy Zinnia.

Star Swirl's colors are berry themed for lack of a better description. And I like those deeper shades. The G3s have the nicer moulds though. It'd be pretty to see customs that combined the two.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 02:03:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 02, 2020, 03:04:27 PM »
I like both Blossomforths pretty much equally (maybe G4 Bloss has a little bit of an edge, because of her eyes - she looks like a hippie, I love it), but I definitely like G4 Starswirl better than her G3 namesake. G3 SS is cute too, but a bit generic.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 03, 2020, 07:24:53 AM »
I'm officially all on the pony life train. Choo choo!

I think the PL brushables look really cute from the front. I love how they did Trixie. The lack of jaw is too apparent from the side but I am happy about better hair.
PL >>> FiM big head reboot

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal