collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404763 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1365 on: September 11, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »
Banana Surprise has a pretty cute color scheme IMO, but her colors certainly don't match her name.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1366 on: September 11, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
Banana Surprise has a pretty cute color scheme IMO, but her colors certainly don't match her name.

I guess that's the surprise.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1367 on: September 11, 2018, 04:51:25 PM »

I guess that's the surprise.

Haha, it must be! There's something that attracts me to her colors though, not quite sure what. I just like that color scheme, for whatever reason. Even if the colors have absolutely nothing to do with bananas....

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 11, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
Does anyone else have a "weird affinity pony"? Like for me I'm just drawn to Sew-and-So. I love the colour orange but I'm indifferent to Sew-and-So design-wise. But I'm SO attracted to her. Another one is Summer Bloom. She's a very plain, kind of boring pony, but there's Just Something About Her. My taste in ponies is otherwise predictable, I know what I like (yellow ponies with bright green in their hair, please!! I LOVE Guava Lava), so Sew-and-So and Summer Bloom are just. Weird.

Also Muse and Romperooni are some of my favourites. Purple and orange look really good on a pony! I can't think of a lot of ponies that are purple with orange hair. Probably because whoever's designing ponies are more gravitated towards saturated colours? Which admittedly orange on purple look kind of bad, unless you're designing something for Halloween. If you desaturate them, I love it!! It reminds me of a really late summer sunset or something.

I like the second set of G1 rainbow ponies better than the first set, and Confetti is on the top of my most wanted list. Pink/yellow/green/blue is common on ponies, but orange/pink/yellow/blue is unique. The body colours and symbols are unique too. The only rainbow pony I got out of the repros was Moonstone because I don't have much interest in the others, but I'd be more inclined to buy them all if they released this set instead ;)

A weird affinity pony? Like a pony you army build? Or one you wouldn't normally go after otherwise?

I don't army build.

But thosefrom each gen that I wouldn't go after otherwise and absolutely adore are:

G1
Earth: Sunsplasher. I'm not a big fan of orange and I think the smiling suns look tacky on other ponies, plus I'm not too into SHS. But I MUST HAVE her someday. She's a grail of mine.

Pegasus: Sea Breeze. Orange, with three shades of hair that shouldn't work and would normally be npleasant to my eyes. But I'm in love with her and think she's stunning. I'm looking for her right now actually.

Unicorn: Skyflier, peach and radioactive red do not sound like an attractive color combo. But she's very cute and underrated, especially in hand.

Merpony: Baby Pearly. She's generic, boring and all pink and I'm not sure about that face. But she has a WHALE symbol. I love whales! If only she weren't so expensive. :(

G2:
Lady Waterfall. Her joints absolutely ruin her! But she's so lovely I think I could overlook that.

G3:

Earth: Blushie. She's generically colored, she has a really dumb name. Her symbol is flowers and she screams booring. It was love at first sight. She's so very pretty. I love her pose and her harmonious color scheme and her 3d flowers with its little, real ribbon. She was a gift from my aunt and even more special to me.

Pegasus: Snow'El. Her name is dumb, her symbol is childish, her colors generic and yet I think she is positively elegant. Man
I would love to have her, but it is so unlikely.

Unicorn: Valentine Sweetie Belle. She is so lovely.  I love her hearts and arrows and how her mane blends from pink to various shades of purples. She was my first G3 Unicorn. DD was gonna chuck her in the charity bag. I rescued her.

Breezie: Zippy Zinnia. Breezies have awful faces and I no likey their antennas. But white/green/pink is so pretty and springtime.

G4:
Earth Pony: Pursey Pink. She's cute. That's all I hafta say.

Pegasus: Water Cutie Blossomforth. I hate that the one wave of water cuties didnt match the rest and they have oversized, gawky wings. But I would like to have her because she reminds me of Baby Dipper and Zippy Zinnia in her color scheme.

Trixie Lulamoon: Her character is annoying. I can't stand people who speak in 3rd person constantly. But she sure is pretty.

Unipeg: Baby Flurryheart. Generic color scheme and looks like a severely deformed piglet/human baby hybrid. She's awfully cute though. I'd like to find a fakie baby Unipeg with a proper horse face and make a custom.

Merpony: Baby Ocean Gem. She's a bit bland colorwise, but oh-so-cute. I MUST have her!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:47:50 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 11, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »
I love white ponies, or at least light color with dark hair, so Waterfire is a bizarre favorite for me.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 13, 2018, 03:33:29 PM »
I also find Trixie constantly talking in 3rd person annoying.   ;). I don’t like the FIM episode “Slice of Life” I think Peek a Boo babies are cute. I don’t think Hasbro should have advertised Sundae Best ponies as “ponies smell like ice cream” when they don’t.  I thought Banana Surprise’s symbol was a banana split. Why does Baby Noddings have a bunny symbol? I get. Cherry Treats and Merry Treats confused sometimes when I read their names. :lol:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1371 on: September 13, 2018, 04:22:06 PM »
I don’t like the FIM episode “Slice of Life”
Ponyfan

A very pandery episode. Maybe it could've worked if they weren't three years late with some of the references... and a lot of people found the Gummy part funny but to me it was kind of... tryhard? Like, "How do you do fellow kids? Existential crises are cool, right? We're hip. We're funny. Be sure to gif this and put it on social media. 'Top Ten Moments When MLP Got Too Real', amirite?"

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1372 on: September 14, 2018, 03:32:43 AM »
Why does Baby Noddings have a bunny symbol?

Ponyfan

Good question. I got nothing.

I don't like the Sundae Best as a set in general. I try to love all G1 ponies, but the reworked poses are awkward, the colours are largely insipid and the perfumes are noxious. Three strikes and all out. Though it doesn't help that at one point years back I had so many doubles of Banana and Sorbet in my trade box that I had to give them away to get rid of the smell...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 14, 2018, 03:52:16 AM »
I thought (on here at least) that not liking "Slice of Life" was the popular opinion - I was actually toying with saying I liked it on here as an unpopular opinion, along with the fact that I actually didn't find it too pandering, even though I get why people feel that it is.

I guess the reason I feel this way is because, they focused on ponies that meant something to me personally (one of them meant something to a friend, which by extension meant something to me because of him), and I'd basically distanced myself from brony memes, so the fact that a lot of the ponies they used were the bony-popular ones (maybe they all were?  I don't know) wasn't at the forefront of my mind.  Also, I think the fact that the references were late was because they were referencing the whole thing, if that makes sense, but yeah - didn't look like pandering to me, but I get why people see it that way, and like I say, it was probably my state of mind at the time.

It wasn't perfect, and the Gummy part wasn't needed (it just seemed too random, and yeah... like they were trying to create another meme or something) and giving the Big Lebowski ponies more screen time and actual line over explained what was originally a quick background joke to me - they didn't need to give them that much exposure.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 14, 2018, 04:01:48 AM »
Scented ponies give me a headache, only one that doesn't is strawberry.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 14, 2018, 06:35:15 AM »
Liking Slice of Life is unpopular? Then I guess I have an unpopular opinion because I enjoyed it. I have a soft spot for stories about background/other characters.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 14, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »
Does anyone else have a "weird affinity pony"? Like for me I'm just drawn to Sew-and-So. I love the colour orange but I'm indifferent to Sew-and-So design-wise.

I think mine is Cotton Candy.   I generally don't care for ponies with pink bodies.  Hair is ok, but pink bodies can be so over the top and she is way over the top.  But she's become so familiar to me, that I can't help but love her like she's a part of the family.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1377 on: September 14, 2018, 07:16:25 AM »
I liked most of Slice of Life.  (Some of it did feel a bit pandery, but eh.)  It was nice having focus off the Mane Six.

I don't like the Sundae Best ponies or, really, any ponies with 3-D symbols.  Except maybe the Merry Go Round ponies.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 14, 2018, 07:31:16 AM »
I don't like the Sundae Best ponies or, really, any ponies with 3-D symbols.  Except maybe the Merry Go Round ponies.

MGR make sense because real carousel horses generally have 3D saddle/etc.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 14, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »
I love carousel animals and to this day, I still argue over whatever one I've picked to ride with other people. Yet I find it ironic, that the one MGR Pony that most resembles a Classic Carousel Horse, is the one I find the least interesting.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal