collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 409188 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1350 on: September 11, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »
l love Pepper Berry. I  don't get the whole putting pepper on a strawberry thing, its a pretty weird symbol, and I'm not crazy on that pose, but she's a pretty wild colored pony and I sure would like to have her.

Pepper Berry is stunning, honestly one of my favorite G3s! Is she unpopular? I've got her MOC, but I'd love to have a loose one someday too!

She doesn't seem to be very talked about. I can't decide if she's deep pinky-orange, or reddish-pink or something else entirely. Surely it wouldn't go over my pony limit to get her so I can inspect her closely right?  :devious:

Post Merge: September 11, 2018, 03:13:16 PM

l love Pepper Berry. I  don't get the whole putting pepper on a strawberry thing, its a pretty weird symbol, and I'm not crazy on that pose, but she's a pretty wild colored pony and I sure would like to have her.

Does Pepperberry have the issues with hair rot etc that some of the other discount ponies have? She's the one which is salmony pink with really reddish hair, right, in the diva pose? I'm pretty sure she was one of those...?

I kind of like her too. Even though those colours should not work. I really hope she doesn't have those issues :( it's the most heartbreaking thing that can happen, seriously.

So maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I find the idea of hair rotting/falling out way way worse and more traumatic than the idea of plasticiser leakage or regrind, even if it discolours the pony in the process...

I'm okay with regrind.
Plasticizer leak is something I've not had issues with yet. *knocks on wood*

Hair rot might actually make me burst into tears of frustration
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:13:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1351 on: September 11, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »

Hair rot might actually make me burst into tears of frustration

Me too, for sure. I'm sitting here looking at the Trickles I have on my shelf here in London and her hair is still perfectly shiny as though she were new yesterday. Aside marvelling at the fact she's over 30 years old and still has such nice hair, the idea of that just decaying and falling out is just...*shivers*.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 11, 2018, 03:23:20 PM »
Hi everyone, I apologise for letting someone taint this amusing thread with racism. Issue & offending posts now removed.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1353 on: September 11, 2018, 03:24:26 PM »

Does Pepperberry have the issues with hair rot etc that some of the other discount ponies have? She's the one which is salmony pink with really reddish hair, right, in the diva pose? I'm pretty sure she was one of those...?

I kind of like her too. Even though those colours should not work. I really hope she doesn't have those issues :( it's the most heartbreaking thing that can happen, seriously.

So maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I find the idea of hair rotting/falling out way way worse and more traumatic than the idea of plasticiser leakage or regrind, even if it discolours the pony in the process...

Hair rot is the WORST! I can tolerate plasticiser leakage alright, but hair rot, I hate it. Cause then you've gotta go out and buy new hair and rehairing tools. My Jazz Matazz and Wave Catcher both had hair rot issues (Jazz Matazz with her pink, Wave Catcher with her orange) but I still need to get a rehairing tool and replacement hair. And even when I get around to doing that I'll have to go through the frustrating of getting their heads off, G3 glue is such a pain to loosen up and I really don't feel like doing it, haha.

I haven't heard of Pepper Berry having rot issues, but since she is a budget one I wouldn't be surprised if she can get it too. Since mine is MOC though, I have no idea if mine has the issue and can't check.

Hi everyone, I apologise for letting someone taint this amusing thread with racism. Issue & offending posts now removed.

Thank you, Loa! :iconclap:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1354 on: September 11, 2018, 03:28:04 PM »
Loa, you are a hero.  <3
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 11, 2018, 03:30:57 PM »

I haven't heard of Pepper Berry having rot issues, but since she is a budget one I wouldn't be surprised if she can get it too. Since mine is MOC though, I have no idea if mine has the issue and can't check.

Mine is loose...and in storage with my other G3. I just had the horrible thought of when they come down, her hair being in the bag and not on her head. But the last time I saw her she was fine, with her sassy clashing colour scheme and her expression that basically says its not her problem if I think her colours clash.

Fingers cross the red she uses doesn't have this problem.

I refuse to get JazzMatazz or Tea Lily because of the risk of rot, even though I think their colours are very pretty. I can rehair, and have rehaired a G3 before (a Pinkie Pie to make Snowflake back when they were in stores) and you are not kidding about G3 heads - but I don't really like to do it as a 'restoration' thing. And I don't know if I could take it, if one of my ponies suddenly had breaking hair :'(

Speaking of G3, and I don't even really like the Diva pose, but I have come to believe that the matte Wysteria from (I think) the seaside/holiday set release is the nicest version of this pony. Matte somehow works so nicely with her colour scheme.

My pony display currently has as its backdrop the Japanese calligraphy pieces the shamisen teacher I met in Kusatsu did for me as a 'Welcome to Japan' gift. And I picked up this version of Wysteria at the carboot the other week. I never had her loose before, only MIB, but she fits so well with the whole Japanese theme <3.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1356 on: September 11, 2018, 03:32:07 PM »
I'm okay with the diva pose but I don't LOVE it like some people do.

I like the head turned open mouthed pose and the donkey pose, which I know are both . . . not universally loved.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 11, 2018, 03:35:47 PM »
I'm okay with the diva pose but I don't LOVE it like some people do.

I like the head turned open mouthed pose and the donkey pose, which I know are both . . . not universally loved.  :P

For me the Diva pose depends on the pony. Some it suits, like Pepperberry and seaside Wysteria. Some it doesn't so much.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 11, 2018, 03:39:03 PM »

Thank you Loa.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 11, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »

I saw her at the flea market on Sunday. She stood out cuz of her symbol. I thought it was salt at first, like how people will put salt on melons to make them sweeter.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1360 on: September 11, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
I don't have much of an opinion on the diva pose, it's just another pose to me. Though I do like how compact it is, it feels like I can get ponies in that pose pretty close together, which is nice when I display my G3s by pose!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 11, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »
I still deeply dislike Banana Surprise.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1362 on: September 11, 2018, 04:04:41 PM »
Does anyone else have a "weird affinity pony"? Like for me I'm just drawn to Sew-and-So. I love the colour orange but I'm indifferent to Sew-and-So design-wise. But I'm SO attracted to her. Another one is Summer Bloom. She's a very plain, kind of boring pony, but there's Just Something About Her. My taste in ponies is otherwise predictable, I know what I like (yellow ponies with bright green in their hair, please!! I LOVE Guava Lava), so Sew-and-So and Summer Bloom are just. Weird.

Also Muse and Romperooni are some of my favourites. Purple and orange look really good on a pony! I can't think of a lot of ponies that are purple with orange hair. Probably because whoever's designing ponies are more gravitated towards saturated colours? Which admittedly orange on purple look kind of bad, unless you're designing something for Halloween. If you desaturate them, I love it!! It reminds me of a really late summer sunset or something.

I like the second set of G1 rainbow ponies better than the first set, and Confetti is on the top of my most wanted list. Pink/yellow/green/blue is common on ponies, but orange/pink/yellow/blue is unique. The body colours and symbols are unique too. The only rainbow pony I got out of the repros was Moonstone because I don't have much interest in the others, but I'd be more inclined to buy them all if they released this set instead ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:07:25 PM by Ragamuffin »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 11, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »
I'm not a fan of Banana Surprise either. (At least have some yellow somewhere, darnit, instead of wishy pink and dull aqua!). And I also like the 2nd set Rainbows better. Am still angry with Hasbro more than 30 years later that the UK didn't get them :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 11, 2018, 04:12:10 PM »

I saw her at the flea market on Sunday. She stood out cuz of her symbol. I thought it was salt at first, like how people will put salt on melons to make them sweeter.

I do the salt and fruit thing. I turned several friends onto it, who initially thought it was gross

Post Merge: September 11, 2018, 04:13:09 PM

I still deeply dislike Banana Surprise.

Yeah, she's not a very ...exciting pony. Her color scheme is nice, but overdone.

Post Merge: September 11, 2018, 04:17:24 PM

I'm not a fan of Banana Surprise either. (At least have some yellow somewhere, darnit, instead of wishy pink and dull aqua!). And I also like the 2nd set Rainbows better. Am still angry with Hasbro more than 30 years later that the UK didn't get them :/

She should have been yellow. Good point Taf.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:17:24 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal