collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404593 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1095 on: June 08, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
I'm not much of a fan of pearly ponies; they give me a bit of a Silent Hill vibe, like how everyone always seems to have really gross, clammy skin. :|

THIS. What really bugs me is when the eyes are pearly too. It makes it hard to see their eyes and it doesn't make sense for the eyes to be pearly in the first place.

I completely agree with you on that. what in the world compelled them to pearlize the eyes?

Yeah. I don't care for the eyes of the pearlized baby pony set. They look weird.

Post Merge: June 08, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

I have to admit, I'm fully aware the G3 movies were bad but god do I love them.
Thistle Whistle's speech impediment was so endearing, too! Speaking of Razaroo. Her whistle-lisp made me want her pony sooo badly as a kid because I found it adorable. Never got her, but when I got Wind Whistler as a kid that's how I made her talk, too.

G3 ponies had a surprising amount of depth to their personality, when they weren't backgrounders. Kimono and Minty for example?

I adore Thistle and Razz.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:51:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 08, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
I actually really like the animation in some of the g3 movies, like Princess Promenade. And I agree that some g3s had interesting personalities. I always loved Sunny Daze in the cartoons.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »
I like the second set of Princess Ponies. Particularly Pristina, Misty, Taffeta and Moondust. Granted, I wish the tinsel was done better, but they're still a very pretty set.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1098 on: June 13, 2018, 01:15:11 AM »
I like the second set of Princess Ponies. Particularly Pristina, Misty, Taffeta and Moondust. Granted, I wish the tinsel was done better, but they're still a very pretty set.

I like them too :D I wish they had been sold here in the UK :(
Though Pearl will always be my darling in the princess stakes.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:48 AM »

I didn't know that? Stingy Hasbro.

Tiffany/Pearl is one I'm biased towards, as she was a childhood pony. I also love Starburst/Amber and Primrose/Ruby.

I wonder what the second set of princesses would've been named if they'd been sold there? Although I like their names just fine and think they suit them well.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 13, 2018, 07:03:15 AM »

I didn't know that? Stingy Hasbro.

Tiffany/Pearl is one I'm biased towards, as she was a childhood pony. I also love Starburst/Amber and Primrose/Ruby.

I wonder what the second set of princesses would've been named if they'd been sold there? Although I like their names just fine and think they suit them well.

I like them too. I would have kept the names the same over here, if it had been up to me, as well. We didn't have any pony called Sunbeam in the UK. We did have 'Princess Moondust' (the orange petite with the castle was called that here) but we certainly didn't have a Dawn, Pristina or Taffeta either. And actually, we didn't have a Misty, because we only had four of the six Watercolor babies, and that wasn't one. Oh, wait. We had the petite Misty, but Petites somehow don't count the same?

So the names would've been new and different :)

Hasbro are stingy. We had the first set in both 1987 and 1988. Leading to confusion about accessories forevermore after that...seems they weren't consistent between years.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:24 AM »
Yay a fellow Tiffany fan. I wanted her since I was a kid and finally got her over a year ago. White hair, white body, she was the perfect dream pony for me. The name Tiffany was weird for a pony but it fit the theme of spoiled ponies because Tiffany is an expensive brand, I think. "Her mind is Tiffany twisted, she's got a Mercedes-Benz."

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 13, 2018, 09:30:01 AM »
Yay a fellow Tiffany fan. I wanted her since I was a kid and finally got her over a year ago. White hair, white body, she was the perfect dream pony for me. The name Tiffany was weird for a pony but it fit the theme of spoiled ponies because Tiffany is an expensive brand, I think. "Her mind is Tiffany twisted, she's got a Mercedes-Benz."

I think if the animated characterisation of the princesses had been the main thing here I wouldn't have wanted any of them. It still breaks my heart to think of spoiled Princess Tiffany behaving like a brat. Pearl was such a beautiful, sensitive and artistic soul in the UK comics. All the princesses had great characters, but Pearl was special <3.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 13, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »

I think if the animated characterisation of the princesses had been the main thing here I wouldn't have wanted any of them. It still breaks my heart to think of spoiled Princess Tiffany behaving like a brat. Pearl was such a beautiful, sensitive and artistic soul in the UK comics. All the princesses had great characters, but Pearl was special <3.

All six of them were behaving like spoiled brats. :rolleyes:

I guess there's nothing like a lava demon attack to mature people in a hurry. XD

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 13, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »
I hope to read the UK comics eventually. I wasn't crazy able the spoiled princesses in the cartoon but Tiffany was gorgeous to me regardless.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1105 on: June 13, 2018, 12:51:57 PM »
Oh gosh yes, I love the second set of princess ponies! I was lucky enough to find Misty with all her accessories at an estate sale, i mean, even her ribbon and crown clip! It was amazing!

I hope I have similar luck finding the others, they can be a downright headache to find with any of their stuff :C

I have the accessories for Tiffany who was a childhood pony and Serena but I haven't found them when I was in the market to buy, and of course I love unfaded pink hair so I have to shell out more for that. I really want to get Tiff again. I traded her to another girl when I was young and stupid and the next time I saw her she'd cut all her hair off...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 13, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
I love Tiffany/Pearl :) I love was lucky enough to find her on Ebay with all of her accessories and Bushwoolies

I also don’t like their personalities in the cartoon, they’re too vain and selfish. I would have loved to read the comic stores about them. :) I guess Primrose/Ruby is my least favorite of the 1st set but that might change when I see one in person.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 13, 2018, 03:41:23 PM »
I love faded pink hair on most ponies. It just isn't worth the extra money for me to buy a pony with that pink hair if I can't display it. I'd rather not buy a pony with unfaded hair than buy it and not be able to display it.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1108 on: June 13, 2018, 03:47:05 PM »
Their personalities were indeed terrible int he show. They at least learned and grew, but I would have liked to see them again afterwards to see their true personalities without all the spoiled bratty sass. Their toys were amazing though <3 Just wish we'd had their sweet little dragons in the US as well but it was nice to get bushwoolies from the show with crowns that corresponded to the show, that was a neat detail!

See, that pink hair is an appealing color to me. I love it when I can find one who's had their face completely white because sometimes it makes for an interesting alternate.

I may buckle down and just repink just to save money.

Unpopular pony opinion? I think some peoples rehairs of ponies look a million times better than official release.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 13, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
I love faded pink hair on most ponies. It just isn't worth the extra money for me to buy a pony with that pink hair if I can't display it. I'd rather not buy a pony with unfaded hair than buy it and not be able to display it.

I love the pink hair too. And I admit, I will go the extra mile to get a pink haired one if I have the opportunity. I kept my Trucker because his streak was pink (he was originally in a lot of trade ponies). I think my Posey came about likewise. I just kept another Kiss Curl because of her pink hair...and I wasn't going to get Tornado until I found a pink haired one, which changed my mind. Yeah, they have to live in the cupboard but *shrug* to me it's worth it because they look so nice :D

Re the UK comics - I believe LM is working on that ;) then everyone will be able to read them :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal