collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404683 times)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1035 on: May 25, 2018, 04:48:47 PM »
I don't mind getting a pony with completely faded hair. It means I can display her. Also I love faded Yum Yum.

I don't like the collector or shy pose, on topic of early ponies. I like Firefly and Glory poses but the first 2 years didn't have any earth pony poses that I liked except for sitting pose, which they only used for 2 ponies.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 25, 2018, 06:39:06 PM »
For some reason I just can't get into pegasi. Their poses and color schemes I find to be uninteresting. Wingers and flutterponies are out, too. The only pegasi I'd want for my collection are Locket and Starcatcher. They are their respective generational exceptions, it seems.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 25, 2018, 06:47:15 PM »
For some reason I just can't get into pegasi. Their poses and color schemes I find to be uninteresting. Wingers and flutterponies are out, too. The only pegasi I'd want for my collection are Locket and Starcatcher. They are their respective generational exceptions, it seems.

That's certainly an unusual opinion. First time I've ever heard it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 26, 2018, 08:43:54 AM »
I don't get the love for Peachy. Her colors look like they don't mesh well and she's on a pose I don't like.

I concur on this. Everyone was getting so excited about the possibility of a parlour retro release and I'm sitting thinking - does the world really need more Peachys?

Raaarrrrrr!!!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 26, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
Well. That answers that question.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1040 on: May 26, 2018, 10:00:54 AM »
I don't get the love for Peachy. Her colors look like they don't mesh well and she's on a pose I don't like.

I concur on this. Everyone was getting so excited about the possibility of a parlour retro release and I'm sitting thinking - does the world really need more Peachys?

Raaarrrrrr!!!!

Taffeta cannot come to the computer at the moment. She is too busy evacuating to a safe location.

O.O.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 26, 2018, 10:02:40 AM »

Raaarrrrrr!!!!

Taffeta cannot come to the computer at the moment. She is too busy evacuating to a safe location.

O.O.

Run Taffeta Ruuun!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 26, 2018, 01:03:11 PM »
Year 1 and Year 2 (minus the sitting pose) don't appeal to me as much as they seem to do to others. MLP was really brought to life as of Year 3 IMO. Oh gosh, I feel like I'm betraying the brand...

I'm with you on this. The only pony that appeals to me from the first two years is Sunbeam. I do like some ponies in Year 3, but haven't added any to my herd yet. Currently, all of my ponies are from Years 4-6 and 1 pony from Year 9.

I also have 4 European exclusives and plan to add a few more, because I think they got some of the better ponies over there. That may be an unpopular opinion; I don't know.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 26, 2018, 01:57:18 PM »

Raaarrrrrr!!!!
Spoiler

O.O.

Run Taffeta Ruuun!

:bolt:

I guess it depends which European exclusives and where in Europe. The UK didn't get all those lovely y2 and 3 pegasus and unicorn ponies so it's hard for me to agree on that, but most of Europe did get them so *shrug*
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 26, 2018, 06:35:42 PM »
G1 Pegasus wings are weird. They are rows of bumps! And they are hard to draw if you want to be accurate. It took me a bit to not find them weird, but I'm fine with them now and don't really notice.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 26, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
G1 Pegasus wings are weird. They are rows of bumps! And they are hard to draw if you want to be accurate. It took me a bit to not find them weird, but I'm fine with them now and don't really notice.

I always thought the Firefly mold wings look like the wings are folded, like the pony just landed and folded her wings back.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 26, 2018, 08:14:01 PM »

Corn on the cob

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 26, 2018, 09:29:30 PM »
I guess it depends which European exclusives and where in Europe. The UK didn't get all those lovely y2 and 3 pegasus and unicorn ponies so it's hard for me to agree on that, but most of Europe did get them so *shrug*

Tafetta, was this a reply to my post here?

I also have 4 European exclusives and plan to add a few more, because I think they got some of the better ponies over there. That may be an unpopular opinion; I don't know.

I was referring to what you guys got in the UK. I'm not sure which sets you guys didn't get (other than the ones you mentioned and I think the So Softs, right?), but you got so many that I love: Hopscotch, Cascade, Good Weather, Thundercloud, Fireball, Sweet Delight, Sports Time, Painting Time, Music Time, Snowdrop, Love Story, Love Token, Patch, Bright Eyes, hollywood Northstar, hollywood Buttons, and hollywood Wind Whistler to name some.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:34:11 PM by northstar3184 »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 27, 2018, 02:18:20 AM »

Tafetta, was this a reply to my post here?

I was referring to what you guys got in the UK. I'm not sure which sets you guys didn't get (other than the ones you mentioned and I think the So Softs, right?), but you got so many that I love: Hopscotch, Cascade, Good Weather, Thundercloud, Fireball, Sweet Delight, Sports Time, Painting Time, Music Time, Snowdrop, Love Story, Love Token, Patch, Bright Eyes, hollywood Northstar, hollywood Buttons, and hollywood Wind Whistler to name some.

Yeah, I was. We'll blame my lack of quoting ability on delayed jetlag? (no excuse really xD)

The trouble with European and UK releases is that they aren't uniform across the continent so different places had different ranges. And that there's the misconception we got everything plus exclusives, when actually we mostly got exclusives in place of other ponies. The early unicorns and pegasus ponies were heavily promoted here but not sold in the UK.  There are actually a lot of other sets available in the US or other places such as 2nd release princesses, TAF etc that we didn't get either. We also only had 10/15 Twinkle Eyes. So I guess overall it balances out.

Also, thank you for not calling Buttons, North Star & Wind Whistler NSS ponies :hug:
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1049 on: May 27, 2018, 03:22:38 AM »

Corn on the cob

I now will be unable to see wings as nothing more than corn  :lol:

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal