collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 406815 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1005 on: May 14, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »
I feel that ponies will not reach antique status due to being plastic, my feelings are that if they are not put into some sort of oxygen deprived, light deprived and heat deprived device they will do one of two things, turn into a puddle of color and no shape, or crack and harden and be delicate like a figurine, break easily and hair will be a clump of goo. Since I collect antiques myself in the form of dolls from as early as 1800's even glass can't seem to handle the test of time without shattering, rubber products cave in, flake, crack and melt into hard globs.  Ponies sadly will probably do the same thing I fear. -_-

Well, I know what I’ll be having nightmares about tonight. :shocked: That’s some depressing stuff, there.

Man I wish 35 was close to 50.  I would be young suddenly again. :lol:  I would have to say that no they are not close at all since I have reached both and would very  much like to return to the 35.

Touche. XD
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:00:51 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 14, 2018, 05:14:34 PM »
I....
Actually think Newborn Cuties is kinda cute.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1007 on: May 14, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
I....

They're adorable! I love their curly hair and their little bows. :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 14, 2018, 06:07:47 PM »
I....

They're adorable! I love their curly hair and their little bows. :lovey:

I love the Newborn Cuties! I wish they’d stuck around longer.

On another note entirely... Leave a Whisper, I’m sorry if things escalated a bit earlier. I honestly wasn’t having the best day, and I might have read more into what you said than I should have.

Anyway, I shouldn’t have lashed out and called you catty. I’m sure you’re a perfectly nice person, and I don’t want there to be any lingering tension. No hard feelings?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:03:38 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 17, 2018, 08:25:40 AM »
I don't care for a lot of the SA ponies outside one or two.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1010 on: May 17, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »
Starlight is my least favorite of the Tales girls. I don't like her colors, toy, or her personality

Ugh, THIS. I really disliked her as a kid and found her to be particularly snobby. I Adored Sweetheart but her toy didn't do her justice to me. I liked Melody but she could be rather self-centric at times as well. I think Bright Eyes, SweetHeart and Clover were the best characters and I really with they made more toys, like the boys in the show.

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »
I...I have to say it...

I really, really don't like Rainbow Dash. I cannot stand her as a character. I think she is so rude and narcissistic and not even in a fun way. It's like she has learned nothing since episode 1. All the other characters are great...Except for her.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 17, 2018, 08:52:57 PM »
I...I have to say it...

I really, really don't like Rainbow Dash. I cannot stand her as a character. I think she is so rude and narcissistic and not even in a fun way. It's like she has learned nothing since episode 1. All the other characters are great...Except for her.

This is the Unpopular Opinion thread, its alright to say it.

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 18, 2018, 01:44:13 AM »
I...I have to say it...

Agreed, she is so irritating!
I had G4 Rainbow Dash as a toy before I ever saw the show (I remember choosing her because she had rainbow hair!). I made up my own personality for her, and decided that design-wise she was my favourite G4. So seeing her abrasive cartoon counterpart is always really jarring for me! It's like, "That's not Rainbow Dash!", only of course it is.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 18, 2018, 05:27:52 AM »
I...I have to say it...

I had G4 Rainbow Dash as a toy before I ever saw the show (I remember choosing her because she had rainbow hair!). I made up my own personality for her, and decided that design-wise she was my favourite G4. So seeing her abrasive cartoon counterpart is always really jarring for me! It's like, "That's not Rainbow Dash!", only of course it is.
  I wish she was less mean on the show it seems like its not about her filter its just her being outright mean
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 18, 2018, 05:38:33 AM »
I don't like Rainbow Dash either for the same reasons, but I don't care for Rarity either.  She is too much like my step mother.  She makes me shiver. Uggg lol

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 18, 2018, 06:36:22 AM »
G4 Rarity is a whiny drama queen and a bit too bossy for my liking. All you have to do is make her snotty and we'd have the next generation Truly.

When it comes to divas, I far prefer Melody to the likes of Truly and Rarity.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:41:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 18, 2018, 07:32:10 AM »
I...I have to say it...

This is the Unpopular Opinion thread, its alright to say it.
hahaha I know but I still feel bad. But she's the worst.

Post Merge: May 18, 2018, 07:34:41 AM

I...I have to say it...

I wish she was less mean on the show it seems like its not about her filter its just her being outright mean

yeah, that's true. I cringed when she got into the wonderbolts because I feel like she hadnt earned it. It is like she gets everything she wants in life handed to her.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:34:41 AM by PrincessNikki »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 18, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »
The thing with Rainbow Dash is... I feel like the writers are AFRAID to develop her character. She became instantly popular when FiM-mania began, and I think they were afraid to change her too much—which is an awful shame, IMHO.

We got to see LASTING character development for the others. Twilight became more open-minded and receptive to others’ opinions, Fluttershy became more confident and assertive, etc.... Rainbow Dash has a great number of episodes where she “learns a lesson”. The trouble is, those lessons are never allowed to STICK, because by the next episode... it feels like she’s been “reset”. She’s back to being cocky, or pushy, or arrogant, and it’s like the previous episodes never even happened.

I find this a glaring flaw in the series... I honestly believe the writers are afraid she won’t seem as “cool” or appealing if she becomes more mature/responsible/sensitive to others. I don’t think that’s what Lauren ever intended for the character, which makes me rather sad... In earlier seasons RD showed a lot more growth, whereas they’ve pretty much regressed her character for the sake of laughs in recent seasons. :/

All that said, I don’t dislike Rainbow Dash. She has her flaws and merits... I just find it sad that she isn’t being allowed to develop as a character, like the rest of the Mane 6 have done.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #1019 on: May 18, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »
I like G2 ponies.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud