collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 408397 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #915 on: April 15, 2018, 09:45:29 AM »
I am not found of the blind bags at all, I would rather have more variety among the brushable ones. Also I dislike the new gen 4 pose and only like DJ pony in it.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 15, 2018, 11:14:55 AM »
I've never been a huge fan of the 'Tootsie pose', but I think a lot of people like it and favour it. I only just recently got Cherries Jubilee, the only one I have in this pose, because I don't like it so much. It seems awkward somehow. :wonder:

I strongly strongly dislike that pose as well.
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 15, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
I've never been a huge fan of the 'Tootsie pose', but I think a lot of people like it and favour it. I only just recently got Cherries Jubilee, the only one I have in this pose, because I don't like it so much. It seems awkward somehow. :wonder:

Me too  :)

Post Merge: April 15, 2018, 02:30:56 PM

Not sure if this has already been said, but I don't like the Sweetheart Sisters or any ponies in that pose...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:30:56 PM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline pikkupapupata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »

Me too  :)

Post Merge: April 15, 2018, 02:30:56 PM

Not sure if this has already been said, but I don't like the Sweetheart Sisters or any ponies in that pose...

Ah so it seems to be a bit more common than I thought, the dislike of the Tootsie pose.

I feel the same on the Sweetheart Sisters, too, and the Bride pose. They all seem like they aren't G1s. The Bride pose seems like some corruption of the Quackers pose, which I think would have been fine had they modified it without making it overly slender. The Sweetheart Sisters have so many pretty designs and colours and such, but I can't bring myself really to invest in having them because of the poses and overall design; they just don't appeal to me. Oh well! Plenty of others love them.  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #919 on: April 15, 2018, 03:12:35 PM »
I like the SHS. It's mostly because of Starflash and the other Glittering ponies, though. Starflash was a childhood pony for me, and I have a gorgeous Moonshimmer (Twinkler in USA) and Sunblossom as well. I would LOVE some nice minty prom queens - my loose ones are all a bit worse for wear but I think they are really pretty as well.

I hate the bride pose though. I never wanted either Pony Bride or Bridal Beauty. My sister has both but I'm not interested. And while I like Confetti and Satin and Lace, I am not interested in them dressing up as brides, either. Bridal ponies are utterly unnecessary to me O.o. So Satin and Lace and Confetti get away with it - they're enough ponies on their own without all the accoutrements. Bridal Beauty and Pony Bride are just...nope.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pikkupapupata

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 15, 2018, 03:19:09 PM »
Bridal ponies are utterly unnecessary to me O.o. So Satin and Lace and Confetti get away with it - they're enough ponies on their own without all the accoutrements. Bridal Beauty and Pony Bride are just...nope.

Yup. XD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 15, 2018, 03:20:47 PM »
I like the SHS. It's mostly because of Starflash and the other Glittering ponies, though. Starflash was a childhood pony for me, and I have a gorgeous Moonshimmer (Twinkler in USA) and Sunblossom as well. I would LOVE some nice minty prom queens - my loose ones are all a bit worse for wear but I think they are really pretty as well.

I hate the bride pose though. I never wanted either Pony Bride or Bridal Beauty. My sister has both but I'm not interested. And while I like Confetti and Satin and Lace, I am not interested in them dressing up as brides, either. Bridal ponies are utterly unnecessary to me O.o. So Satin and Lace and Confetti get away with it - they're enough ponies on their own without all the accoutrements. Bridal Beauty and Pony Bride are just...nope.

I'm thinking Hasbro botched the names of that particular set of SHS.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #922 on: April 15, 2018, 03:26:12 PM »

I'm thinking Hasbro botched the names of that particular set of SHS.

I agree with you! Too many drinks one Christmas party, I think! Starflash. Yes, lets give her hearts. Bright Night? Bows makes sense. Sunblossom? She should have stars. And the final one is Moonshimmer here and Twinkler there. Twinkler is quite generic but those are definitely not moons.

But even if you switched them around, made the yellow Sunblossom, and the pink Starflash, bows and hearts still don't really make sense with the other two names ;)

In the comic Hasbro added to the mess by making Starflash white and pink xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 15, 2018, 03:57:50 PM »
wait...what is a "piggy" pony??

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=228066

They're Nirvana ponies from Spain.

oh...oh my gOD!! i am LAUGHING

I like Algodoncete's colors and symbol though. It's like a rain storm.

I almost liked them when I saw this photo on Pinterest (I didn't know that their eyes open and close), but I realised that I just thought that the photo was very sweet. I see other pictures of them, and I may like a colour scheme or a name or a symbol, but overall, they are just not for me.

That IS a very cute photo! they look like theyre having a really nice dream

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2018, 04:08:23 PM »

Me neither, at first. But then I ended up with a pair and they grew on me, especially wearing g3 accessories that happen tobfit perfectly. (Crown, flower Bouquet, and skirt) Just those two, though. As funny as the spotted giraffe-looking one is to me, I definitely don't want more.

I had a pony bride (the more common/cheap one) as a kid and, though I liked her colors, she was the first non-duplicate that I was willing to let go of when I was selling my old toys in college.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:11:47 PM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 15, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
I also don't like the wedding ponies. Bridal Beauty & Pony Bride make me think of Miss Havisham from Great Expectations. The bridal ponies' identities are locked into being brides to the point where they've assumed permanent names associated with a one-time event, just as Miss Havisham wore her wedding gown every day as permanent attire despite it only being for a one-time event.

Offline pikkupapupata

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 16, 2018, 12:11:52 AM »
@PrincessNikki : It's super cute, right? I was shocked that they were Piggies and kept staring at it for a good while trying to figure it out and reconcile my opposing feelings. I wonder whose photo it is, maybe someone on here? I'm very curious about that now.

@Khoufu : I would have liked Pony Bride and Bridal Beauty more if they weren't in that goofy pose. I think a Quackers or Posey pose would have been lovely (but the Posey pose is possibly my top favourite, so I'm a bit partial). Same goes for others who were in the Bride pose.

@northstar3184 : I haven't read Dickens (:blush:) but I think the locked identities you mentioned are another factor in my general disinterest in those two specifically. Confetti and Satin 'n Lace, as Taffeta brought up too, are excused for me because I like them aside from the wedding themes that were attached to them, and they had more potential not to be bogged down by that one theme, especially without the accessories (Satin 'n Lace actually just makes me think of 80s Madonna or Cyndi Lauper or Blondie, not weddings).

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 16, 2018, 03:10:15 AM »
My unpopular opinion is that I quite like the Waterfire pose, I thinks it's a pretty nice one. It looks like the pony is sticking its tongue out to be silly or blowing a bubble gum. ^^
I also quite enjoy G3 tinsel as long as I don't see it too often. Problem is, I feel like I have too many tinseled ponies to enjoy this feature anymore. *Non-tinseled ponies are okay too, hasbro ! *
I just got Fancy Free yesterday with a bad case of tail rust. If my de-rusting methods ruins her tinsel, I'm pretty sure I'd be up to de-tisel her completely. But I'm still unsure, I don't like to damage ponies, I'm the first one against de-tinseling. That might hurt so much. ._.

Oh, and speaking of printed-out accessories....This upcoming lineup...
Wellp, spoiler about the new lineup(School of friendship brushables), you've been warned twice.

Spoiler
Look at this nightmare, I can't bear to look at those shoes.

This looks so wrong. Who got this idea and who approved it ? ;-;
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:22:26 AM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 16, 2018, 09:26:10 AM »
My unpopular opinion is that I quite like the Waterfire pose, I thinks it's a pretty nice one. It looks like the pony is sticking its tongue out to be silly or blowing a bubble gum. ^^
I also quite enjoy G3 tinsel as long as I don't see it too often. Problem is, I feel like I have too many tinseled ponies to enjoy this feature anymore. *Non-tinseled ponies are okay too, hasbro ! *
I just got Fancy Free yesterday with a bad case of tail rust. If my de-rusting methods ruins her tinsel, I'm pretty sure I'd be up to de-tisel her completely. But I'm still unsure, I don't like to damage ponies, I'm the first one against de-tinseling. That might hurt so much. ._.

Oh, and speaking of printed-out accessories....This upcoming lineup...
Wellp, spoiler about the new lineup(School of friendship brushables), you've been warned twice.

Spoiler
Look at this nightmare, I can't bear to look at those shoes.

This looks so wrong. Who got this idea and who approved it ? ;-;
those outfits would be better moulded on
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 16, 2018, 10:11:06 AM »
Of course they would. What were they thinking ? Also, if they dare to do that, they should bring back the butt symbol on both sides for G5 instead, that would be a nicer thing to do.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal